Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2011, 18:53   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Important Government Circulars/ Orders / OM's / Notifications

I had made a RTI query with the Ministry of Transport and Highways, Government of India, regarding the One Time Tax (OTT) payment in one state and then the owner due to the nature of his/her job shifting the motor vehicle to another state.The query was as to whether there are OM's,Circulars,GR's etc regarding the payment of OTT in one state and owing to the motor vehicle getting shifted due to the owner's nature of duties,the extant rules that apply in such cases.
I have received a reply no. L-34014/425/2011-RTI dated 10th October 2011 from the Chief Public Information Officer (CPIO) of the Ministry who has forwarded my RTI application to the Director (Road Transport), Ministry of Transport and Highways.
A scanned copy is posted here on this link:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2557616
More details will follow once the complete reply is received.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 25th October 2011 at 19:01.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th October 2011, 19:08   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
I had made a RTI query with the Ministry of Transport and Highways, Government of India, regarding the One Time Tax (OTT) payment in one state and then the owner due to the nature of his/her job shifting the motor vehicle to another state.The query was as to whether there are OM's,Circulars,GR's etc regarding the payment of OTT in one state and owing to the motor vehicle getting shifted due to the owner's nature of duties,the extant rules that apply in such cases.
I have received a reply no. L-34014/425/2011-RTI dated 10th October 2011 from the Chief Public Information Officer (CPIO) of the Ministry who has forwarded my RTI application to the Director (Road Transport), Ministry of Transport and Highways.
A scanned copy is posted here on this link:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2557616

Great. This a real good thing you have done.
I will watch this closely.
BTW, did anybody checkout https://vahan.nic.in/nrservices/ ?
You will get an SSL error but go ahead a accept the certificate and you should be able to browse.

Cheers!
anandpadhye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2011, 22:53   #18

Hi Anjan,

This means that if you have a reason of why you are moving to other state then we could avoid the respective state tax or nominal tax payment.

if this is true then i would be the happiest person...among your message followers
Old 28th October 2011, 23:01   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4veel View Post
Hi Anjan,

This means that if you have a reason of why you are moving to other state then we could avoid the respective state tax or nominal tax payment.

if this is true then i would be the happiest person...among your message followers
4veel yes, we hoped some positive reply will be received but you will see it here on the link given below. I received it today. Its very dissappointing that there is no Central law to curb multiple taxation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Great. This a real good thing you have done.
I will watch this closely.
BTW, did anybody checkout https://vahan.nic.in/nrservices/ ?
You will get an SSL error but go ahead a accept the certificate and you should be able to browse.

Cheers!
Anand was only hoping we will get good and useful information but as you will see there is no Central law to this effect.I am posting the link below.
Quote:
The reply has reached me today and can be seen on this link:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2560729
Old 25th November 2011, 20:28   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

ATM guidelines in vogue at present are here and can be viewed on the link below.
The point nos 11,12 and 13 especially need to be taken note of, for failed transactions/ excess debits.

Reserve Bank of India

The text therein is reproduced below:
Q. 1. What is an Automated Teller Machine (ATM)?
Ans1. Automated Teller Machine is a computerized machine that provides the customers of banks the facility of accessing their account for dispensing cash and to carry out other financial & non-financial transactions without the need to actually visit their bank branch.
Q.2. What type of cards can be used at an ATM?
Ans 2. The ATM debit cards, credit cards and prepaid cards (that permit cash withdrawal) issued by banks can be used at ATMs for various transactions.
Q. 3. What are the services/facilities available at ATMs?
Ans3. In addition to cash dispensing ATMs may have many services/facilities enabled by the bank owning the ATM such as:
  • Account information
  • Cash Deposit
  • Regular bills payment
  • Purchase of Re-load Vouchers for Mobiles
  • Mini/Short Statement
  • Loan account enquiry etc.
Q.4. How can one transact at an ATM?
Ans4. For transacting at an ATM, the customer inserts /swipes his/her Card in the ATM and entershis/herPersonal Identification Number(PIN) issued by his/her bank.
Q.5. What is Personal Identification Number (PIN)?
Ans 5. PIN is the numeric password which is separately mailed / handed over to the customer by the bank while issuing the card. Most banks require the customers to change the PIN on the first use.
Q.6. Can these cards be used at any bank ATM in the country? Is the customer charged for the same?
Ans 6. Yes. The cards issued by banks in India may be used at any bank ATM within India. However the savings bank account holders can transact a maximum of five transactions free at other bank ATMs in a month, which is inclusive of all types of transactions, financial and non-financial, beyond which the customer can be charged by his/her bank.
Q. 7. What step should the customer take in the event of one forgets PIN or if the card is sucked in by the ATM?

Ans7. The customer may contact the card issuing bank and apply for a new PIN or retrieval/issuance of a new card.
Q. 8. What should be done if card is lost/stolen?
Ans 8. The customer may contact the card issuing bank immediately on noticing the loss so as to enable the bank to block the card.
Q. 9. Is there any minimum and maximum cash withdrawal limit per day?
Ans 9. Yes. broadly the withdrawal limits are set by the card issuing banks. This limit is displayed at the respective ATM locations.
Q.10. What steps should a customer take in case of failed ATM transaction at other bank ATMs, where his account is debited?
Ans 10. The customer should lodge a complaint with the card issuing bank at the earliest. This process is applicable even if the transaction was carried out at another bank’s ATM.
Q. 11. Is there any time limit for the card issuing banks for recrediting the customers account for a failed ATM transaction indicated under Q No. 10?
Ans 11. As per the RBI instructions (DPSS.PD.No. 2632/02.10.002/2010-2011 dated May 27, 2011), banks have been mandated to resolve customercomplaints by recrediting the customers account within 7 working days from the date of complaint.
Q. 12. Are the customers eligible for compensation for delays beyond 7 working days?
Ans 12. Yes. Effective from July 1, 2011, banks have to pay customers Rs. 100/- per day for delays beyond 7 working days. The compensation has to be credited to the account of the customer without any claim being made by the customer.If the complaint is not lodged within 30 days of transaction, the customer is not entitled for any compensation for delay in resolving his / her complaint.
Q 13. What is the course of action for the customer if the complaint is not addressed by his/her bank within the stipulated time?
Ans 13. The customer can take recourse to the local Banking Ombudsman in such situations.
Old 25th November 2011, 22:22   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

A number of changes in the National Small Savings Schemes are on the anvil w.e.f. 01/12/2011.
The Kisan Vikas Patra is being discontinued. P.O. Savings Bank deposits will fetch 4% (earlier 3.5 %) and PPF 8.6 % (earlier 8 %)interest per annum.Each PPF account can be filled to the brim by Rs 100,000 per annum, up from the hitherto Rs 70,000. The interest of 8.6 % is non taxable. By far it is the safest and best savings instrument, as the non taxable interest compounded works out to something more than 12 % p.a.They say money can't grow on trees but money will grow in PPF accounts come 1/12/2011.
PPF loans will also mean deduction of 2 % of the amount withdrawn (earlier 1 %)and the agents role will be discontinued even for PPF accounts in Post Offices.Till now the banks had discontinued the practice of depositing money in PPF through agents and the Post Offices had continued but no more come 1/12/2011.
The government hopes to garner about Rs 40,000 crores in 12 calender months in small savings through these measures.There is a projected shortfall in the small savings target to the tune of Rs 50,000 crores during this fiscal which has made the government go for these measures.
More on these notifications issued by Ministry of Communication, Department of Posts on 24/11/2011, all effective from 1/12/2011.
PPF InterestSaving.pdf

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 25th November 2011 at 22:32.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2011, 23:35   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This was received vide my query with the DGCA in 2010. Its the latest and I believe has not been superceded with any subsequent circular/order. I carry a copy in my hand baggage, lest the cabin crew talk about it.
Anjan, sorry to burst your bubble, but when we talk about various departments and their policies and their notifications/circulars/amendments to rules/notifications, there are just too many to count, which is where CAs and consultants make their money. Whatever useful info you have provided here so far is there in the internet for people to see, even your RTI facts.
Old 1st December 2011, 18:31   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Whatever useful info you have provided here so far is there in the internet for people to see, even your RTI facts.
Thanks esteem lover. I would request you to please provide me the pertinent links for the information that I have sought through RTI. At least next time onwards, I would not spend so much efforts in seeking RTI queries, if all the information is readily available according to you.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 1st December 2011 at 18:42.
Old 1st December 2011, 21:49   #24
Senior - BHPian

^^Yeah, please do share those links, will be useful.

On a different note, even if the links are available online, we must appreciate Anjan's effort. This is a genuine effort and warrants appreciation.

Rated 5 stars.

Spike
SPIKE ARRESTOR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2011, 02:46   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks esteem lover. I would request you to please provide me the pertinent links for the information that I have sought through RTI. At least next time onwards, I would not spend so much efforts in seeking RTI queries, if all the information is readily available according to you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
^^Yeah, please do share those links, will be useful.

On a different note, even if the links are available online, we must appreciate Anjan's effort. This is a genuine effort and warrants appreciation.

Rated 5 stars.

Spike

Anjan, i did not mean to belittle your efforts, only tried to point out that RTI replies will only quote back the relevant prevailing rules/notifications pertaining only to their jurisdiction(which is all there in the relevant websites of these departments) (been on the other end many times) and will not give you a solution for your problem, which is well within the RTI Act.

It is a given fact that the vehicle has to be re-registered and local taxes paid in the new state. Also, there is a provision for a refund from the previous state (which never works, I guess).

All the notifications from the Ministry of Transport can be read from here

DGCA from here, including the one which you keep in your bag.

Customs, Excise and Service Tax over here

There are websites for all departments in the GOI and all the Acts/Rules/Notifications/Circulars are regulary updated in these sites. It is mandatory. In fact, even the departmental officials themselves rely on these as a ready reckoner anywhere.

cheers
Old 2nd December 2011, 18:43   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Anjan, i did not mean to belittle your efforts, only tried to point out that RTI replies will only quote back the relevant prevailing rules/notifications pertaining only to their jurisdiction(which is all there in the relevant websites of these departments) (been on the other end many times) and will not give you a solution for your problem, which is well within the RTI Act.

It is a given fact that the vehicle has to be re-registered and local taxes paid in the new state. Also, there is a provision for a refund from the previous state (which never works, I guess).

All the notifications from the Ministry of Transport can be read from here

DGCA from here, including the one which you keep in your bag.

Customs, Excise and Service Tax over here

There are websites for all departments in the GOI and all the Acts/Rules/Notifications/Circulars are regulary updated in these sites. It is mandatory. In fact, even the departmental officials themselves rely on these as a ready reckoner anywhere.

cheers
The sites have lots of information but you see I have posted the specific and relevant data as desired, for our day to day consumption.
And about airport photography, I would be glad if you post the particular and specific link in the DGCA website and so also the particular link in the MOT and H website.
Very few of us have all the time to browse through these huge data filled websites.
I would suggest you to also post something of relevance, since you seem to be aware of useful information in such websites here, for use and consumption by most of the members for day to day use.
Old 2nd December 2011, 19:37   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
......... It is a given fact that the vehicle has to be re-registered and local taxes paid in the new state. Also, there is a provision for a refund from the previous state (which never works, I guess). .........cheers
A friend of mine purchased a company registered car MH 01 and transfered to his personal name MH 04. I managed to get him a refund due due to differential in tax rate, company rate to private owner. This was about 8 years ago.
Sometimes it does work.

Cheers harit
Old 2nd December 2011, 22:01   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
A friend of mine purchased a company registered car MH 01 and transfered to his personal name MH 04. I managed to get him a refund due due to differential in tax rate, company rate to private owner. This was about 8 years ago.
Sometimes it does work.

Cheers harit
Very right harit.I too had done a similar exercise for my colleague who had a motor vehicle with an Amravati registration and got it transferred to Tamil Nadu.The refund was obtained after one year and the pay order was on a paper that got tattered and had to be again issued in duplicate.
The motor vehicle has to be registered in the new place and then the RC and TC are sent back and certified xeroxes are submitted after they verify the originals.The comes the procedure that takes time.
Old 3rd December 2011, 02:51   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And about airport photography, I would be glad if you post the particular and specific link in the DGCA website and so also the particular link in the MOT and H website.
Here are the general circulars from DGCA some of which might be useful to common people. OPERATIONS CIRCULARS

There are many more types of circulars if you browse through the left hand side of the page.

Here is the particular circular which you got through RTI

Like I said, RTI is only for showing you what already exists, not for providing new/fresh solutions.
Old 3rd May 2012, 23:00   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Air India has now introduced the provision of concessional booking including LTC tickets on their website. Now you don’t have to go to the city office or the Airport to book an LTC-80 tkt.

The eligibility conditions for various concessions can be accessed from the home webpage. However the following is the general outline: -

Youth - 50% on base fare
Student - 50% on base fare
Senior Citizen - 50% on base fare
Govt Employee – SPECIFIED LTC-80 FARE
Armed Forces – 50% on base fare
General Reserve Engineering Forces – 50% on base fare
Para Military Forces - 50% on base fare
Armed Forces Bravery Awardees – 75% on base fare
War widow - 75% on base fare
War disabled soldier - 75% on base fare, 50 % for the family

Note – All of the above concessions are on the Full Economy Class fare except for LTC-80 fares, which are fixed fares for all sectors.

So, invariably you will find that the fare available without choosing any of the concession will be lower than the concession fares except for the LTC-80 fare (in most of the cases). However, if the open fare is lower than concessional fare, the website will invariably display the open fare. That is the good part of it. (Not applicable in case of LTC-80 as these fares are fixed). An example for one sector is as under_

Normal open available fare on the Internet or website

Adult
Base fare per traveller
INR 2,430.00
Total charges and fees per traveller
INR 1,707.00
Total per traveller
INR 4,137.00
Number of travellers
Total
INR 4,137.00
Total price including taxes
INR 4,137.00

Government Employee / LTC-80 Fare (These are fixed fares)

Government employee
Base fare per traveller
INR 6,201.00
INR 1,707.00
Total per traveller
INR 7,908.00
Number of travellers
Total
INR 7,908.00
INR 7,908.00

Armed Forces fare

Armed forces
Base fare per traveller
INR 2,430.00
INR 1,707.00
Total per traveller
INR 4,137.00
Number of travellers
Total
INR 4,137.00
INR 4,137.00

Senior Citizen fare

Senior citizen
Base fare per traveller
INR 2,430.00
INR 1,707.00
Total per traveller
INR 4,137.00
Number of travellers
Total
INR 4,137.00
INR 4,137.00

To Access…
Go to Welcome To AirIndia and on the booking options, click on the link “Would you like to book as a concessionary Passenger?”
Or directly open the linkhttps://book.airindia.in/itd/itd/Air.

Choose your concession and proceed with the booking. (For LTC-80 fare, choose the option of Government Employee)

Rest of the procedure is self-explanatory.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks