Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2011, 17:46   #16
BHPian

Re: Bright Child Having issues with new school

@ghpk: I can feel your predicament and your urge to get it resolved well in the best interest of your daughter.

Few things that you could do with some introspection.

Have you tried understanding why your daughter is having problems with the new school. Is there a communication/ language barrier that is stopping your kid from befriending other Kids. Is the problem with the education and the tests or with the behavior/pranks of the kid. You think not eating food is the only issue that the kid is having?

The teacher obviously looks at fault for having put the kid in such a situation. I feel confronting the school principal and discussing whats happening and whats the way out would be the first and foremost thing you should do. If you want to do it without facing the teacher or the principal you would have some psychological baggage later. A little bit of anger while talking wouldnt do any harm in my opinion. Curbing it much will not help much I feel.

If you feel you can get her to another decent school you should try that also but not before confronting the situation and making the teacher/ authorities/ principal how disgusted and unhappy you are with the way the kid has turned out i.e, the way she is scared rather than the grades and ranking. You can get one of your trusted and well informed friends along with you to handle this.

All the best.

Last edited by muni : 9th July 2011 at 17:53.
Old 9th July 2011, 17:46   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post
...she is so scared of teacher beating her up that she even avoids asking for toilet and looses control on natures calls.....
this is just not done....no teacher can beat any student especially such young kids...JUST NOT ACCEPTABLE AT ALL. The highlighted portion means that it is already affecting your child very badly. First step, please dont send her to that school. Loosing a year of education is no big deal, when you consider the larger mental trauma that you are forcing her to undergo. Please act fast before any more damage is done, PLEASE

Quote:
...Now she goes with me but as soon as she enters school she's scared, cries and says papa don't leave me alone here....
This is really breaking my heart....

Quote:
....Being from a VERY influential family and have not less than 50 friends as good lawyers of Allahabad High Court...
If I were in your position, I would use all of the above and take it out on that pathetic entity that is the teacher.

Quote:
...God bless us and keep her safe...
As parents, WE have to do all we can to keep our children safe...GOD can only do that much.

Last edited by Eddy : 9th July 2011 at 21:44. Reason: No abusive language pls. Thanks
Old 9th July 2011, 17:49   #18
BANNED

ghpk.

Dont.

Please dont continue with this School anymore.

Have patience. Stand up to what is right.., Its the matter of your little angel.

Talk to her, if she's not interested in going to that school, assure her that you will get her into a very nice school, She's still 5 yrs of age, (Same age as my kid) and must be in here Kindergarten

Talk to the School Authorities, arrange for the Transfer Certificate and get along.

Later, you are at will to give your piece of mind to that so called Devil(Teacher) and you Better do it.

All the Best.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2011, 18:25   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I clearly remember Last PTA, teacher also suggested me to see a doctor,
so if a child if horrified with teachers act, standing in front of child, EAT EAT EAT
do you think a 5 yr. old will EAT,
Also the child has told the following which i forgot to post earlier.
"you are not going home till food is finished "
"I am locking you up in building if tiffin is not finished"
"Everybody eats, why will you not eat, and slam a few scales on her back"
and then she wants me to consult a doctor.
The teacher is certainly doing bad practice and to top it up she has this loving principal stamping whatever my teacher is doing is for good of the child.
A legal action is not a problem but only if this teacher refuses to comply with management. she has already crossed the limits and must be checked.
Else I'll dedicate time to tell the city thru media about this CBSE Board school, that how good they can handle the child.
I am on the move, will be posting more details soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
ghpk.
Dont.
Please dont continue with this School anymore.
Have patience. Stand up to what is right.., Its the matter of your little angel.
Talk to her, if she's not interested in going to that school, assure her that you will get her into a very nice school, She's still 5 yrs of age, (Same age as my kid) and must be in here Kindergarten
Talk to the School Authorities, arrange for the Transfer Certificate and get along.
Later, you are at will to give your piece of mind to that so called Devil(Teacher) and you Better do it.
All the Best.
Completely agree with Pavan. Take her out of the school ASAP. Get the transfer certificate and arrange an alternate option for the kid. All other actions (legal, going to media etc.) can wait. Schools generally support each other in these kinds of matters, and fighting with one school could impact the chances of getting her admitted in another one.

Once the above step is completed, you can think of taking the existing school authorities for a task, and maybe suggest a doctor (a good psychiatrist) to the faulty teacher. She surely needs some mental counseling.

On a side note, one small suggestion – please don’t monitor her grades so closely at this young age.
Old 9th July 2011, 18:25   #20
BHPian

@ghpk, I sympathize with your child. I wont give you any advice but just tell you a true story from my childhood.
One day my younger brother's class teacher (Pre-Primary) called our mother to school and told her that her little son is dumb and needs to be demoted to the lower class. Our mother refuted the charge, point blank. The teacher gave her a challenge; a week to prepare the child and prove that he is fine with studies. The mother spent the week taking up the little fellow's studies; and he seemed to be in fine fettle. Then came D-day and the guy was trotted to school and the oral test administered. I cant remember what exactly was the result of the test but our mother plain SHOUTED at the teacher and called her incompetent in handling young kids. She also went to the Principal (a Padre) and shouted at the bloke too. The little boy had been just plain scared and nerves in the class and could not handle the stuff around him, but nothing wrong with his scholarly abilities.
This story happened some fifty years ago. The guy eventually passed out of school, went to college, and finally graduated from an IIT. I think our mother provided him the required support; like a real hen who will enthusiastically peck at even a lion if he dares anywhere near her chicken. Needless to tell you, her chicken grew up to become bravehearts.
Nobody has the right to humiliate another human, yet large number of people indulge in this sick act. In all probability the teacher needs to see a psychiatrist. Good luck to you.
gostel is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th July 2011, 18:30   #21
BHPian

I have the deepest sympathy for you.The easiest way would be to control your anger and let the teacher realise what the kid is going through.
There will be many kids in her class and she might be totally in the dark about the kids current situation.Am sure she has the kid's best interests in her mind(forcing the kid to have lunch) but somehow the methodology seems wrong.
Dont think a section change will help.The other teacher might get brainwashed by the present class teacher.
If everything else fails ,why dont you let her go back to her prevoius school where she would be most happy amongst her old friends.You could always shift her to a more 'prestigious' school when she is in 5th std.
If you dont mind why dont you visit a child psychiatrist.That would help us a lot in understanding what the poor child is going through.
Please do update.Feeling very concerned.
Old 9th July 2011, 18:31   #22
BANNED

Here is from a teachers angle (my wife)

1. No teacher will force any child to eat food unless said by the parent.

If the teacher doing this without your request,

2. Tell the teacher not to force the child for eating food. (as some are fussy eaters).

3. See for another 1 month at least, if you find any positive changes in your child continue with the same school. If found negative, change the school as its not safe for your child anymore.

Note:- Complaints to the higher ups in school some times doesn't work.
Old 9th July 2011, 19:04   #23
BHPian

Please hold a free and frank discussion with the teacher AND the principal. If they don't seem sympathetic to solving the problem faced by your child, please start searching for a new school. No point in letting the little girl suffer in that school and you also undergoing all this stress.
Old 9th July 2011, 20:53   #24
Senior - BHPian

Do not see why there is even a discussion here! Seriously, just don't!

For God's sake, a 5 year old! You are not doing anyone any favor by holding back, and the only person who will get affect by your inaction is your little girl!
Old 9th July 2011, 21:09   #25
BHPian

BEATING A 5 YEAR OLD CHILD??!!! Is she out of her mind? She needs psychiatirc help, that one.

I am surprised that you didnt lodge a complaint already. Mental scars during childhood may have a very long term effect. Please get your child out of that weird school before she gets scared of teachers or school completely.

IMO, changing the section might not help much as that particular lady is close to the principal. If her mind is twisted enough to beat a small child with a ruler, she might try other ways to get back at your child.

I dont know how you are holding your cool but if anyone lays a hand on my daughter, i will make sure they regret it.
Old 10th July 2011, 01:16   #26
BHPian

Change the school. Big schools do not mean good schools. What kids need are schools that let them hone their skills, be themselves and be confident adults. I know what it is, I have had the misfortune of being in more schools than 12. I still remember all the good and the bad. After all these years I don't care to even think of the bad, but there are fond memories of the good teachers. Teaching is not for everyone. Its not a job one takes because there are no options, or until somethingelse comes up.

A lot of teachers these days (just like old days) tend to vent their anger on the students, they just pick a quite well mannered kid and take it out on the poor thing.

move her out of that school. Then decide what you want to do about that school and the teacher that beat your child.

Thinking from the point of a child, Change the school before further damage. look at the whole life not a year.

And I might sound a little harsh, but anyone that harms a kid is a retard in my book and that is one thing that would really make me loose my cool.

Last edited by YaeJay : 10th July 2011 at 01:26.
Old 10th July 2011, 04:11   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Here is from a teachers angle (my wife)

1. No teacher will force any child to eat food unless said by the parent.

If the teacher doing this without your request,

2. Tell the teacher not to force the child for eating food. (as some are fussy eaters).

3. See for another 1 month at least, if you find any positive changes in your child continue with the same school. If found negative, change the school as its not safe for your child anymore.

Note:- Complaints to the higher ups in school some times doesn't work.
Thanks for all good responses I am replying to this one, as it also includes response from a sensible teacher.

for your 1st and 2nd point, I never requested this lady to torture my child if she's not able to eat, and if doesn't eat ignore it,
while she argued that school runs for 5 hours, she HAS TO EAT, i never knew her "has to" would have taken this shape.

While i was quite angry and would have taken legal step on monday, but when calm I thought of that teachers son, she once told me while complaining the same issue when i was called by her, she has a 8 month old baby, so this changed my mind in taking any strict step as of now.
With court and police involved this would harm her innocent child in someway which i don't want.

My father escalated this to some senior authority of school who has assured that this will be Immediately stopped, be it with my child, or anybody else's
He also assured we can FIRE this teacher but I've requested them to change the section only and ask the teacher to be polite and reasonable to children.
Her attitude must have already done damage to children who were not as lucky as me to seek help from people and ask a god blessed forum Team-bhp.
Those kids would have been beaten by parents who think, hitting the child is best way to solve any issues without knowing that its not the child, its the teacher
with wrong methods who's ruining their own child's love towards schooling.

While he has asked me to let the child goto school on monday, but I would not send her on monday in any case, I'll wait for response and then go on tuesday.

But if the attitude is not changed or my child is even touched with a non gentle hand then she's going to have the biggest nightmare within legal limits of her entire teaching career and it will set examples to those who still practice such offensive attitude toward children in school.

I don't loose patience easily, not quite easily, even when other tries, i give it a few chances, but when it does, things can be out of hand, lets hope this doesn't happens.

Thanks again to all for reading thru this and suggesting me, Team-BHP members have certainly helped me think of my child future, I would certainly never forget the support I got from Team-BHP and Members.

Quote:
Thinking from the point of a child, Change the school before further damage. look at the whole life not a year.
Whether things normalize or not, I will certainly be visiting a few schools in coming week/s and check if there's a chance of admission out there.

Last edited by ghpk : 10th July 2011 at 04:13.
ghpk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks