Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2011, 20:34   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: Getting Married!! Need lots of Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Nahan again has absolutely nothing for anyone to get married at, honestly. The place is okey dokey - its a decent town in the hills but that's about it. Now if you say that get married at Renuka Lake, now that is again an awesome suggestion - because its beautiful & picturesque (but 7-8 hours drive from delhi) and has religious significance with a nice mandir. But otherwise precious little to do.
Ah! Good that we have someone who does know the place. I thought it would be a totally forgotten one. My memories of this place are quite faint. What I can remember is a Dam with a lot of water stored (now that I think of it, water being there or not would depend on various things), a tiny eatery close to it, a road alongside a river/canal, very vague recollection of a lake (probably Renuka). Just remember the overall feel was very nice. It was Nahan and the areas around it. It was the closest place from Delhi with a backdrop of the hills that I could think of.

But since phamilyman remembers it better, would be a better idea to go by his take. I think it wasn't a direct Delhi-Nahan/Renuka trip, but had passed it while taking a 'different' route from Dehradun region towards Punjab.

One other property by the Neemrana guys is called Kasrauli (not to be confused with Kasauli). Don't know much about it.

You may also want to check with Priti about Pragpur. Again very sektchy info. IIRC, it is some herigage village around Kangra region. (just googled it. It is probably Indian's only UNESCO World Heritage Village in India - whatever it may be worth in your context).

By the way, where is Devdath (the OP)? We guys seem to be more excited about the marriage here, even without an invite

---------
OT: For my own info, @phamalyman, Is Nahan/Renuka lake about 7-8 hours from Delhi? My impression (probably based on some advertizements was that it was in the 4 hour or so range). I just may want to have a quick trip there myself someday. 4 hours could mean an acceptable overnight trip.
Old 10th July 2011, 22:01   #17
BANNED

re: Getting Married!! Need lots of Help

Hello Everyone,
It goes without saying that TBHP is "the" place for any kind of information wanted.

A big THANK YOU to all of you for your suggestions and it goes without saying that there will be a TBHP invite for the many close friends that I ve made here, most of them, even without meeting them once.

Please keep the suggestions pouring.

Now, the reason for my temporary absence.

Yesterday afternoon, we had been to a place run by Haryana Tourism called Raja Nahar Singh Palace at Ballabhgarh since it was advertised as a heritage tourism site and spent a couple of hours there. The place is very good in terms of its heritage, location and surroundings but it is completely unkempt and thrown to the dogs for maintenance.

So that was cancelled.

Also, I called the Neemrana guys yesterday and they told me that I could go to have a look at the Pataudi Palace today and we had been there as well, till the gate, before we were rudely shooed out by the gatekeeper saying only visitors who have been intimated of, by their Delhi office are allowed inside.
I called the Delhi office but it was closed.

I then called the reception and they told me that they cannot let us "use" the property unless the Delhi office informs them or we come between 1330-1430 to have lunch.

I m not booking any Neemrana properties anymore, that is for sure.

On our way back we had been to 32nd Milestone, Gurgaon since my cousin is the restaurant manager there and briefed him of the situation. He, being from Bangalore, could not suggest any places but told us that if required, he could arrange things at his hotel.

Poitive: I was prepared to go to Dharmshala since that would involve only my people travelling from B'lore to D'shala but if it is Jaipur then both parties need to travel, hence am skeptical.

I have taken a day's leave tomorrow and will check out the other places suggested by all of you and will get back with my views on them.

Once the venue is finalised, there is clothes, shopping, cards, travel and most of all, food menus to be decided, right here on TBHP.
Old 11th July 2011, 05:09   #18
Senior - BHPian

Re: Getting Married!! Need lots of Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
One other property by the Neemrana guys is called Kasrauli (not to be confused with Kasauli). Don't know much about it.

You may also want to check with Priti about Pragpur. Again very sektchy info. IIRC, it is some herigage village around Kangra region. (just googled it. It is probably Indian's only UNESCO World Heritage Village in India - whatever it may be worth in your context).

By the way, where is Devdath (the OP)? We guys seem to be more excited about the marriage here, even without an invite

---------
OT: For my own info, @phamalyman, Is Nahan/Renuka lake about 7-8 hours from Delhi? My impression (probably based on some advertizements was that it was in the 4 hour or so range). I just may want to have a quick trip there myself someday. 4 hours could mean an acceptable overnight trip.
a. Its Hill fort, Kesroli - near alwar. Check with our man tsk1979 - he was there
b. There's also Mudfort Kuchesar for u to see. wonlee 60km from delhi.
c. Its 8 hours from DEL (320km or so). You pass via the area of Kala amb (industrial) to bypass the pinjore madness (atlesat I did). But either ways - even on a lucky day - 6 hours is the max you can push it. I know the kinda ads which say that. Nahan has pretty much nothing to see.

@ND - we just cycled upto pataudi palace just like that. and even convinced them to let us have breakfast (paid ofc) - and we looked like your sweaty cyclists - not their posh guests!!
phamilyman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2011, 10:25   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
c. Its 8 hours from DEL (320km or so). You pass via the area of Kala amb (industrial) to bypass the pinjore madness (atlesat I did). But either ways - even on a lucky day - 6 hours is the max you can push it. I know the kinda ads which say that. Nahan has pretty much nothing to see.

@ND - we just cycled upto pataudi palace just like that. and even convinced them to let us have breakfast (paid ofc) - and we looked like your sweaty cyclists - not their posh guests!!
Thanks Phamilyman. Good I checked with you and didn't just shoot off to Nahan myself!

@ND: I too have had a 'walk in' without any appointments in Pataudi Palace and just checked the place out without even a meal there.
Old 11th July 2011, 10:52   #20
BHPian

Quote:
b. There's also Mudfort Kuchesar for u to see. wonlee 60km from delhi.
This is a good place, about 1.5 hours away from Delhi. Earlier this too was run by Neemrana group, but now they manage on their own.

\N
Old 11th July 2011, 23:12   #21
BHPian

Happy Married Life! Devdath! You could have solved this problem over PM to your TBHP friends or just a phone call to fellow BHPians. this thread was unwarranted from you being a senior BHPian!! These are so personal problems!!
Old 12th July 2011, 02:24   #22
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations n.devdath,

I would second the recommendation of Mudfort Kuchesar originally suggested by Phamiluman. This place is ideal for a resident wedding spread over a couple of days or a day time wedding if guests are expected to drive to and back from this venue in a single day.

In case you are ok with places such as the 32nd milestone then the Mehrauli Badarpur road gives you much better options such as The Tivoli Gardens Delhi Hotel: Tivoli Garden Resort Hotel Delhi, Deluxe Hotel In Delhi, India | Official Site , The Conclave and another venue close to the Arjangarh Airforce base (forget it's name).

A lesser known option in the same neighbourhood is Ashok country resort Ashok Country Resort New Delhi India(Official Website), Resorts hotel, Boutique hotel, Conference, Banquets, Hotel near delhi airport & Gurgaon

Another option is the Claridges at Suraj Kund. The location though scenic is also the reason that this hotel does not get the business traveller except for the weekend brunch crowd. This is also the reason that they are quite accommodative of events such as weddings etc, you could have a word with them too The Claridges Hotels and Resorts | New Delhi | Surajkund | Delhi NCR | Mussoorie | Rajasthan

Apart from these there are many independent farm houses in the same area as well as in nearby Vasant Kunj that you could rent out for a couple of days and use that as the venue for the wedding as well as to stay in. For these one has to go through either wedding planners 'Band Baja Baraat' style or directly through the owners. You will get vendors for all requirements in either case. Here is a web site which gives you the contact details for various popular wedding locations Farm House Farmhouse Farmhouses In Delhi India For Rent

Here is another one which belongs to a wedding planning set up. It could give you a good idea as to how much it would cost you to go through them and maybe they could actually point you towards a cosy venue that might be perfect for the size of your entourage Welcome to Nirvana

Here is yet another site which gives you a heads up regarding the legalities when looking at farmhouses as venues. Not to discourage you but only to better inform you. Majority of the venues would be in compliance.
Marriage Venues in Delhi - All| Delhi Live

In the end here is a site that lists various weekend getaways around Delhi most of them double up as venue for various events, some are already recommended in the thread yet some are new here.

Weekend Getaways | Delhi | New Delhi | Newdelhi |Around Delhi |Near Delhi |Rates | Cost |Packages | Hotels | Resorts | Accomodation | Stay Options Near Delhi

Happy hunting

Disclaimer : I am not connected to the wedding industry in NCR or elsewhere and if invited I eat a full meal at home before leaving for the venue
Old 12th July 2011, 15:14   #23
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Congratulations n.devdath,

I would second the recommendation of Mudfort Kuchesar originally suggested by Phamiluman. This place is ideal for a resident wedding spread over a couple of days or a day time wedding if guests are expected to drive to and back from this venue in a single day.
Thanks for that gamut of info and urls Khoj. I will check out the mudfort since it has been recommended by many here before venturing out anywhere else.

@ LazyBrain: Yes, I m a proud Senior BHPian which is why there are very few things which are "personal" beyond TBHP. This is a place where almost everything under the sun has been fruitfully discussed, and I m proud to discuss and plan my wedding, right here.
Old 12th July 2011, 15:18   #24
Senior - BHPian

yaar, what is it with my name - forget real name - now people get my nom de plume wrong - on an internet forum!! life hi giveup hai

LazyBrain: Trust me - there are always benefits in asking a bigger group. Just count the number of well-meaning suggestions that I either shot down or re-contextualized, or what others did as well.

You immediate get multiple considered opinions combined into one page for him to read and understand. Of course, its an unusual query - else we'd have asked him to refer to the already extensive body of knowledge
Old 12th July 2011, 15:33   #25
Senior - BHPian

Congrats...
But, you are expending all your focus on planning the wedding, whereas, as the groom, you should really be thinking about your Bachelor's party!!!

But still, some suggestions for your wedding location (at a reasonable cost):
1 - Khajuraho - Try and book a spot near the Eastern Group of temples. The Western Group is more beautiful, but I doubt you will be allowed a spot there. What better place to celebrate love?
2 - Rishikesh White Water Rafting Camps - Hire a nice & secluded camp location and have your wedding by the banks of the Ganges, with nice midnight bonfires etc. to keep people warm.
3 - Kanatal Spa Resort - A concept similar to Ananda (since you like the idea of a Spa resort), but not as exquisite and expensive. Approximately costs half of what Ananda does!
Old 12th July 2011, 16:23   #26
BHPian

Hi,

Hearty congratulations!!
I am from Palampur. If you ask me I think it will be ideal to get married in Palampur itself. Since only one side will need to travel plus since your inlaws are actually from palampur it will help them a lot to make arrangements.

For weather palampur can have very cold nights. Days should be fine.
There is are two banquet halls which should be good. Villa Camelia, SM Convention Center. There is a hotel in palampur called T-BUD. Its a Himachal Tourism hotel. Plus one of my friends also has a resort around 15 kms from palampur, Pops Picnic Spot.
Pops Hotel Palampur | Hotels in Palampur | Resorts in Palampur | On line booking for Hotels & Resorts in Palampur

Let me know in case you need any other information
Old 29th December 2012, 10:12   #27
BHPian

Does anyone has a Wedding Planner Excel or something similar? Please share.
I am getting married in three months and am trying to list down the tasks and activities and want something to track the progress.
Old 29th December 2012, 10:31   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

LOL. Devdath dude, did you get married finally? My vote would have been Dharamsala if I had seen this thread earlier. Beautiful place!
Old 29th December 2012, 12:52   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by infotech58 View Post
Does anyone has a Wedding Planner Excel or something similar? Please share.
I am getting married in three months and am trying to list down the tasks and activities and want something to track the progress.
Congratulations mate and I was thinking the wedding would have been in Thane. Dont know if this is what you are looking for, but on googling I found this link. Just try to frame the activities around these.
http://www.frugalbride.com/weddingpl...checklist.html
Old 29th December 2012, 21:24   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Congratulations mate and I was thinking the wedding would have been in Thane. Dont know if this is what you are looking for, but on googling I found this link. Just try to frame the activities around these.
http://www.frugalbride.com/weddingpl...checklist.html
Thanks! Wedding would take place in Jalandhar - Punjab, my hometown.

I know about the activities/tasks, I just want a nice template / dashboard type tool to manage and track those tasks: something to the lines of this excel -

http://chandoo.org/wp/2010/07/29/int...dding-planner/

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks