Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2011, 10:39   #1
BHPian

Win a Tata Aria Contest not being managed well

I am not sure how many of you completed the 36 features contes to win the Tata Aria. I completed it after someone posted about it here on our forum. Unfortunately that thread is no longer searchable. Please do merge the thread if its still there.

Anyway, the features have just been released and 36 contestants were shortlisted. Of which 1 of them will be announced a winner.

Now when it came to the features, unfortunately the guys organising the contest dont know what hint refers to what feature. I got 35 of them right out of 36 after researching the Aria completely. The one I got wrong was "Gurantees a smooth ride". This hints bookmark in the pic was next to the wheel. So what would you guess this is for?

Would love to see you guys answer. Infact I put down the answer based on what I read from there website which said the suspension of the Aria ensure great ride and handling for an SUV as well as car like smooth ride quality. So my obvious answer was suspension from the options provided. I even went for a test drive and was told rather the sales man was going gaga over the suspension and how lovely a ride it is because of the set-up.

What would you have answered?

This is not the only thing that they made a mistake on. They happily switched features 29 and 36 without informing people who had already completed. Infact when I first tried to fill in the features, 36 didnt even have a hint!

I wrote to them saying that they should apologise for these mistakes. Also, they should justify how and why each feature corresponds to each hint. If not then some of the hints were ambigiuos in nature and should have had multiple right answers. I hope some of you will agree with me on this. I dont want a Aria or want to win the contest but I think they should do what is ethically right.

These are the only ones I can think of as of now. Please do put your posts if you also have experienced something that doesnt look right!

Last edited by sarmarishi : 22nd July 2011 at 10:42.
Old 22nd July 2011, 11:01   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Win a Tata Aria Contest not being managed well

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarmarishi View Post
I dont want a Aria or want to win the contest but I think they should do what is ethically right.
I did not take part in the contest as i am generally skeptical of all these promotion gimmicks by different companies and think that the winner is already fixed. This might not be true.

Why do you say you do not want an Aria?
If you have painstakingly identified the features and have taken part in the contest there is no harm in saying that you want to win. Else what is the point. I will PM you my details and you can ship it to me once you win it. I agree to bear the Shipping Cost.

Last edited by amitwlele : 22nd July 2011 at 11:04.
Old 22nd July 2011, 11:05   #3
BANNED

Note from Mod: There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the board experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 23rd July 2011 at 15:57.
micrographics is offline   Received Infraction
Old 22nd July 2011, 11:07   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
I did not take part in the contest as i am generally skeptical of all these promotion gimmicks by different companies and think that the winner is already fixed. This might not be true.

Why do you say you do not want an Aria?
If you have painstakingly identified the features and have taken part in the contest there is no harm in saying that you want to win. Else what is the point.
I would have loved to but seeing the way it is being run I am disgusted and dont want it! You are right I usually do not take part in these because I am also of the same opinion that they are always given to some known person. I have seen this happen a lot of times! I am sure this time also it will go to someone who is related, etc to a Tata employee or the organisers. Because otherwise getting everything right had to be guess work
Old 22nd July 2011, 11:09   #5

I Disagree with what you are saying on two points.

1. The company or the people running the contest have a list of rules and regulations, one of which says they can change the rules of the said contest when they want. Also, the way they select a winner is at their digression. They are not obligated to share any results with you.

2. The line that you dont want the Aria is well. The opposite of the truth to put it nicely.

Note from Support: No personal attacks and off-topic content.

Last edited by Eddy : 22nd July 2011 at 12:35. Reason: Note Inline
Old 22nd July 2011, 11:16   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post

2. The line that you dont want the Aria is well. The opposite of the truth to put it nicely. If you didnt want the car, you would not have bothered in the first place. Your case is sadly just a case of sour grapes.

dont worry about it too much. Working a little bit harder to buy the car isalways better than winning it in some contest. So if you want the Aira, just work harder till you can afford it.
Dude.. As I said earlier, I would have loved to win it but not anymore. All I am saying is that they are getting bad comments on their website and fb page from a lot of people because of the way it is being managed. They need to improve that opinion.

Last edited by Eddy : 22nd July 2011 at 12:36. Reason: removed off topic content
Old 22nd July 2011, 11:19   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarmarishi View Post
Dude.. As I said earlier, I would have loved to win it but not anymore. All I am saying is that they are getting bad comments on their website and fb page from a lot of people because of the way it is being managed. They need to improve that opinion.
Those comments are a direct result of disgruntled people not being selected for the next round. It is only normal. We had the same issue when we hosted the Young Driver contest on behalf of Maruti Suzuki. There are alot of people who just want everything for free. They should instead put their time into doing more productive things.

Last edited by Eddy : 22nd July 2011 at 12:36. Reason: Quoted post has been edited
Old 22nd July 2011, 11:21   #8
Senior - BHPian

You guys seriously think that you can win anything in these company gimmicks?
Man I do not even bother to read them.

Stay away from these marketing gimmicks. Let the marketing guys fool themselves and mint money. You better use your time to something more productive.
Old 22nd July 2011, 11:32   #9
BANNED

Quote:
There are alot of people who just want everything for free. They should instead put their time into doing more productive things.
Isn't that how you advertise these contests? You sell the idea of getting the car for free and then make such remarks as "They should instead put their time into doing more productive things"
Old 22nd July 2011, 11:38   #10
BHPian

Quote:
It is only normal. We had the same issue when we hosted the Young Driver contest on behalf of Maruti Suzuki.
Hey I have done the Young driver contest and didnt see anything that Maruti could have been faulted on. I hope you get what I am saying. There was no ambiguity in the way the test was organised. It was purely based on your driving skills and how you performed that day. I dont see why people should complain there.

However, what I am saying here is that there is a lot of ambiguity related to the hints and pictorial help provided in this contest. That is what should not have been there. People have mentioned this even when they were filling the features out!

I would have happily accepted the result for feature 8 being Dual Mass fly wheel if they had mentioned something to the tune of ease in driving, better fuel efficiency, lesser vibrations, smoother drive due to lesser gear shifts. If the rest of the hints were somewhat technical why not this is my question.
Old 22nd July 2011, 12:01   #11
BHPian

Yea, even I took part in this contest. After the first 15 odd so hints I got bored and started browsing for scopes for air rifles. That was more fun as i picked up an awesome 4x scope for some sniper action plinking!

Cheers!
Rohan
Old 22nd July 2011, 12:21   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
You guys seriously think that you can win anything in these company gimmicks?
I disagree ;-)

Someone in TBHP won a Honda Jazz in a slogan contest, dont remember his name. My friend won a Hyundai Santro around 6-7 years back in a contest (shopping related). My uncle won 5 lakh rupees lottery (that too in 80s). I won a lunch box last month from Samsung.
Old 22nd July 2011, 12:31   #13
BHPian

Fair contest or not, Tata Aria is getting what it wants. Publicity. Like you said, on FB and now on t-bhp.
Old 22nd July 2011, 13:39   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
I won a lunch box last month from Samsung.
Simply could not stop Nothing against you mate or the lunch box. But after reading about the Jazz, Santro and 5 Lakhs this was really funny.

@BBR_SHR - I guess TATA ARIA is getting bad publicity.

Last edited by amitwlele : 22nd July 2011 at 13:40.
Old 22nd July 2011, 13:59   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Am not against the contest, well, you don't lose anything except a little time(which will anyway be killed somehow)
But it had flaws, the features and hints shown sometimes are contrary to each other and things like front and rear suspension had almost the same hints, and you didn't know if the answers you gave were accepted as you could change it even after you submitted it.
I loved the first 'build your dream car' contest. Absolute blast game and also the winners were announced. I came in 51st position with nothing but an invitation, but i was happy.
And in this competition got 35 right out of 36 features, didn't make it, but still happy. Not anyone can win an Aria.
Take it in the right spirit. Nothing to lose,just luck.

Most Viewed