Team-BHP > Shifting gears

View Poll Results: Would a regular IT Joe be able to purchase a BMW in his life time ?
Yes 135 53.78%
No 116 46.22%
Voters: 251. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2015, 14:20   #316
Senior - BHPian

Re: Can a regular IT Joe ever buy a BMW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
A lot of us can just go out and buy a Beemer. Maintaining it would be another story.
An IT guy I know bought a second hand beamer (a very good deal with fancy number and low odometer reading) from a mining business man in Bellary. He sold it after a few months as maintenance was very expensive. The run flat tire also had to be replaced.
Old 4th May 2015, 14:56   #317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
A lot of people (even ordinary IT joes) have kids. Can't be more expensive than maintaining a beemer eh?
This! Ultimately it comes down to one's preference. Also like another BHPian said with the BSI plan, it should not cost a lot to maintain it.
Old 4th May 2015, 19:36   #318
Senior - BHPian

Till the time Companies start sponsoring (read leased cars) the cars to employees (like in the Europe & US), it is very difficult for a regular IT manager to buy one.

While my recent trip to Europe, I saw most of the guys using company cars, leased, and the lease cost borne by the company. My colleague (one level up, not much higher) drove the Audi S3 2 door Hatch, top end model with 300+ horses, twin turbo. There are others who use the Golf, 3 series, X3, etc. The same guys did not use cars & traveled by bus till they had the option from the company.
My point being, there too, without company sponsored cars, regular IT joes do not want to go in for the beemers, audis and mercs. Even if they do decide, they usually go in for the Golfs, polos, puntos etc.

Most Viewed