Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2018, 19:04   #1981

Re: MOS Multicap 35 Direct on MFUOnline?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Why is NOT the direct plan type listed in MFUOnline? I am looking for MOS Multicap 35 Direct Growth, and I could NOT find it listed anywhere in MFUOnline.

Am I missing anything out here. Please advise!
That's because they are the agents. For direct investment you need to invest directly with the fund house.
Old 20th May 2018, 19:38   #1982
BHPian

Re: The Mutual Funds Thread

Hello everyone,

Does any one invest through Scripbox here? I would like to hear about return of investments for their fund basket. I am an investor with them since 2013 but last year and half has been really bad.

I have some doubts over figure they advertise that they beat Nifty index in last one year. I would appreciate feedback from people who have invested through them.
Old 20th May 2018, 19:55   #1983
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Why is NOT the direct plan type listed in MFUOnline? I am looking for MOS Multicap 35 Direct Growth, and I could NOT find it listed anywhere in MFUOnline.

Am I missing anything out here. Please advise!
Hi JMaruru,

I just checked my MFU App, the fund is available. Please see the screen shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulin_Shah View Post
That's because they are the agents. For direct investment you need to invest directly with the fund house.
Please don't make statements if you have no idea about MFU! They are not agents. It's a consortium of Mutual Fumd houses and it's free
Attached Thumbnails
The Mutual Funds Thread-377a131d20aa4ede8d0ddf889bdb004f.png  

Old 21st May 2018, 20:58   #1984

Well, nothing comes free in this world - especially not in something created on the principles of capitalism.

One needs to develop and maintain website, maintain serves, payment gateways, etc. It all costs and no one gives free service. It all has to come from somewhere. They add it to the total expense ratio. The cost is deducted from our NAV.

After a while they will migrate all investors investing directly through their individual websites to this consortium website and deactivate their on website to save the costs and make more profits - they will not reduce the expense ratio.

That is capitalism and under those principles even water and air are nor free - they come with the medical bill and a certificate of age deducted attached.
Old 22nd May 2018, 10:02   #1985
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulin_Shah View Post
MFU online are not agents. It is an initiative by the amfi to distribute Direct as well as distributed products in a single platform. I have been investing in Direct funds from Jan 2013 and MF online since 2 years. They have an option to select direct funds from the list.
Old 23rd May 2018, 16:09   #1986
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
A word of warning. Franklin Templeton delete a fund entry as soon as it is encashed. And FT stuff has to be retrieved only by the banker.

Sorry did not understand this, anything to worry about wrt to MF investments with Franklin Templeton?
Old 24th May 2018, 10:37   #1987
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
Sorry did not understand this, anything to worry about wrt to MF investments with Franklin Templeton?
Not really, but if you get an annual statement out, then the details are gone. As a result accounting becomes painful. It even extends to cases where the dividend is paid during the FY.
Old 27th May 2018, 10:59   #1988
BHPian

A complication of fund schemes that have been renamed or merged. As an investor I haven't received a single email or letter stating changes to the fund. But have received emails regarding changes to the TER.

https://www.personalfn.com/guide/mut...scheme-renamed

Last edited by sansvk : 27th May 2018 at 10:59. Reason: Typo
Old 27th May 2018, 18:12   #1989
Senior - BHPian

Guys a couple of noob questions.

My SIP for DSP BR tax saver is coming to an end with its 12th month SIP due next year. So I was thinking of changing my ELSS scheme and taking it to some other house:

Q1: If I do not renew my ELSS will it lead to automatic redemption?

If yes, I am definitely losing out on tax benefits.

Q2: If not, then I am assuming the funds will remain with DSP till I ask for redemption. Will that mean I will keep enjoying the compounding benefits and tax benefits till the time I keep my funds.

Q3: What happens if I decide to reduce the amount per month (SIP) instead of discontinuing?

I have never redeemed any SIP, hence the queries.

Last edited by Pancham : 27th May 2018 at 18:28.
Old 27th May 2018, 19:51   #1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post

My SIP for DSP BR tax saver is coming to an end with its 12th month SIP due next year. So I was thinking of changing my ELSS scheme and taking it to some other house:

Q2: If not, then I am assuming the funds will remain with DSP till I ask for redemption. Will that mean I will keep enjoying the compounding benefits and tax benefits till the time I keep my funds.

Q3: What happens if I decide to reduce the amount per month (SIP) instead of discontinuing?

There is no automatic redemption. It just gets unlocked after 3 years. The SIPs get unlocked month after month on completion of 3 years. If you do not redeem, the funds remain in the same scheme and keep earning till you redeem. Renewal in the same scheme may not be possible, but switching to another option in the same scheme may work - don't know for sure, never tried, just assuming - I may be wrong. Try with a small amount and see what happens. If successful then you can opt for a systematic switch process every month.
Old 28th May 2018, 14:48   #1991
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
A complication of fund schemes that have been renamed or merged. As an investor I haven't received a single email or letter stating changes to the fund. But have received emails regarding changes to the TER.

https://www.personalfn.com/guide/mut...scheme-renamed
Thanks for the link. I think you meant compilation ?

I got mail from few fund houses (HDFC, FT which sent comprehensive docs) on the changes.
Old 28th May 2018, 21:29   #1992
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalOne View Post
Thanks for the link. I think you meant compilation ?

I got mail from few fund houses (HDFC, FT which sent comprehensive docs) on the changes.
Auto correct makes it complicated. Interesting, I haven't received emails from HDFC or Franklin regarding these changes.
Old 30th May 2018, 13:39   #1993
BANNED

@sansvk; The problem of renaming has become an epidemic. This further complicates the picture of identifying funds. In any case I am reducing number of funds I own.
Old 31st May 2018, 15:13   #1994
BHPian

Got an email from MF Utilities and a letter separately from Indiabulls AMC that their relationship will cease from 31st May, i.e today.

Hope thats not a trend that will extend to other AMCs. I have found MFU to be a great one stop solution for investing in Direct funds, at least for most AMCs.
Old 31st May 2018, 15:39   #1995
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post

So I decided not to renew the DSP BR tax saver (R) which I started 12 months back. I started a new SIP in the same fund (direct, this time) but slashing the SIP amount by 70%.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks