Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2018, 15:26   #2026

Re: The Mutual Funds Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by murugaveln View Post
I am looking for the rolling returns of mutual funds. VRO, Morningstar etc. display only trailing returns. I found rupeevest.com showing rolling returns but only for regular plans. Is there any other website which shows the rolling returns for direct plans also?

You can try using the various mutual fund calculators in freefincal.com - they have a data lookup facility to VRO and you can get rolling returns.
Old 14th July 2018, 15:47   #2027
Senior - BHPian

Is there a way to change the bank mandate for mirae asset online. I went through the entire website and was unable to change bank mandate. Does anyone know?
Old 14th July 2018, 16:02   #2028
BHPian

Quote:
Is there any other website which shows the rolling returns for direct plans also?
In VRO, if you choose a Fund and choose Performance Tab, you have option to key in the dates for a period and check the return. Is that what you are looking for?
Old 14th July 2018, 16:28   #2029
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Is there a way to change the bank mandate for mirae asset online. I went through the entire website and was unable to change bank mandate. Does anyone know?
Bank mandate change usually requires physically filing a Change Form, sometimes along with a cancelled cheque or an attested letter from the new bank's manager. Just search google for "mirae asset bank mandate change form", download it from their site, fill it and send as per instructions in it.

Here you go. Use "Other Facility Form" from it.

Last edited by thoma : 14th July 2018 at 16:35.
Old 19th July 2018, 10:32   #2030

Quote:
Originally Posted by srsrini View Post
You can try using the various mutual fund calculators in freefincal.com - they have a data lookup facility to VRO and you can get rolling returns.
Thank you. I am having some trouble with the lookup, but if I get the data manually I am able to use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
In VRO, if you choose a Fund and choose Performance Tab, you have option to key in the dates for a period and check the return. Is that what you are looking for?
This option gives the point to point return only. I am looking for the rolling returns which is like the point to point returns for every day.
Old 19th July 2018, 11:03   #2031
BHPian

Hi,

You can try one of these:

https://www.advisorkhoj.com/mutual-f...olling-returns

http://freefincal.com/excel-rolling-returns-calculator/

Pradeep

PS: I haven't tested the freefincal rolling calculator because macros are not enabled by the site administrator for security reasons within my company's firewall.

Quote:
Thank you. I am having some trouble with the lookup, but if I get the data manually I am able to use it.

This option gives the point to point return only. I am looking for the rolling returns which is like the point to point returns for every day.
Old 19th July 2018, 19:56   #2032
BHPian

I have a account at mfu.
I want to change the email id on the account. I tried it online, but the OTP to change never arrives...

Anybody faced this issue ever?
Old 20th July 2018, 00:25   #2033
BHPian

HDFC AMC IPO
Should a long term investor buy at IPO or wait for listing and then pick up some stock

Reason for this query - I have burnt my hands in the ICICI Securities IPO
Thanks in advance.
Old 20th July 2018, 09:36   #2034
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
HDFC AMC IPO
Should a long term investor buy at IPO or wait for listing and then pick up some stock
Interesting question. The HDFC AMC is a mutual fund house. So it creates, sells and manages mutual funds.
Since you want to buy shares of a mutual fund company, you must believe that more and more people in the future will purchase mutual funds, rather than individual stocks, so that this company will be successful and you will make a profit.

But are you investing in your own success since you are purchasing an individual stock rather than mutual funds?

Just food for thought, nothing personal.
Old 20th July 2018, 16:16   #2035
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abeerbagul View Post
Interesting question. The HDFC AMC is a mutual fund house. So it creates, sells and manages mutual funds.
But are you investing in your own success since you are purchasing an individual stock rather than mutual funds?
Just food for thought, nothing personal.
Yes Sir, apart from the usual SIPs in a few fund houses, I also buy individual stocks and hold for really long time. .
This is just to satisfy a thrill seeing the individual stock price rise up or fall down over the course of ownership.

Hence the query regarding purchasing at IPO price or wait for listing and then pick up the stock.

Interesting article in Moneylife magazine about why companies should not give bonus shares in the times of LTCG

Why Companies Should Not Issue Bonus Shares.
Old 1st August 2018, 21:58   #2036
BHPian

Till now most of my investments were via equity MF SIP. I opted MF over NPS.
Now my company have launched interesting offer about NPS. If I start NPS then company will contribute equal amount and this amount will be over and above of my CTC. I.e. if my CTC is 10 lakh, and if I invest 50k in NPS via employee contribution, company will add 50k in NPS as employer contribution. So overall my CTC increases to 10.5 lakh. This additional 50k employer contribution over and above my CTC will also be tax free

Considering this, should I go for NPS ? Will it surpass MF returns considering free equal employer contribution in NPS fund?

Last edited by techcoze : 1st August 2018 at 22:01.
Old 1st August 2018, 22:45   #2037
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techcoze View Post
......Considering this, should I go for NPS ? Will it surpass MF returns considering free equal employer contribution in NPS fund?
Yes you should. The beauty of NPS contributions is that all of it is Tax Free. So your total contribution to NPS (subject to the defined limits) will be tax free and so will be the returns out of it.

MF contributions outside of the 1.5L limit of Sec 80C are made post tax. So if you try to use 1L of your earnings for MF contributions and fall in the 30% tax break, you will essentially receive only 69.xxK in hand that you can invest in MFs. On top of it, MF returns will all be taxable after the introduction of long-term tax on equity.
Old 1st August 2018, 22:56   #2038

Quote:
Originally Posted by techcoze View Post
Till now most of my investments were via equity MF SIP. I opted MF over NPS.
Now my company have launched interesting offer about NPS. If I start NPS then company will contribute equal amount and this amount will be over and above of my CTC. I.e. if my CTC is 10 lakh, and if I invest 50k in NPS via employee contribution, company will add 50k in NPS as employer contribution. So overall my CTC increases to 10.5 lakh. This additional 50k employer contribution over and above my CTC will also be tax free

Considering this, should I go for NPS ? Will it surpass MF returns considering free equal employer contribution in NPS fund?
Even though NPS may give lesser returns, you should invest in NPS. With NPS you can deduct 2.0 L from your income. And the entire return is tax free.
Old 2nd August 2018, 08:08   #2039
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilch View Post
So your total contribution to NPS (subject to the defined limits) will be tax free and so will be the returns out of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulin_Shah View Post
Even though NPS may give lesser returns, you should invest in NPS. With NPS you can deduct 2.0 L from your income. And the entire return is tax free.
NPS returns on withdrawal is taxable. Atleast as of now. NPS works on EET mode where as other investment options such as PPF, PF are EEE.

Quote:
An issue that plagues NPS is the taxation associated with the scheme. This is the only pension product or social security product which is taxed at maturity. All other competing products including EPF, Public Provident Fund, are EEE (Exempt Exempt Exempt). NPS is EET,
https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/46674410.cms
Old 2nd August 2018, 13:11   #2040
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
NPS returns on withdrawal is taxable. Atleast as of now. NPS works on EET mode where as other investment options such as PPF, PF are EEE.
Agreed. However, there is a possibility of paying lesser tax after you retire. If you fall in the lower tax bracket post retirement then the tax outgo is lesser in case of NPS.

I believe the only major negative point of the NPS scheme is the lock-in. You can withdraw money (from Tier-1 account) only at retirement under normal circumstances and hence the lock-in period is very long. Other instruments are better in this aspect but then there are limitations on how much you can contribute in them. This may work for you or against you.

All in all, if you fall in 30% tax bracket now then NPS makes sense to invest and save tax. At retirement, if you fall in the lower tax bracket then your tax outgo will be lesser. I do expect the tax brackets to move further in the future and my income to drop post retirement. However, this is subject to 'Time'.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks