Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2014, 14:52   #556
BANNED

Re: The Mutual Funds Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
can I send that as the "KYC acknowledgement letter" to the AMC while buying into a fund for the first time?
Used to be kosher. However, we had all our KYCs done quite some time ago, so I do not frankly know the current situation.
Old 11th June 2014, 21:46   #557
BANNED

Just got an e-mail that IDFC Premier Equity may be reopening for direct subscriptions after a gap of two years.
Old 17th June 2014, 17:01   #558
BHPian

Hi guys,
I intend to invest in two short term plans, one for three years and another for five years. What would be the ideal investment scheme/ sip? I have two SIPS currently in ICICI bluechip focused fund.
Thanks
Old 18th June 2014, 19:15   #559
BANNED

These days with the market yoyoing by 200-150points I am keeping my nose clean, maybe up to the budget.
Old 18th June 2014, 21:24   #560
BHPian

I redeemed my sundaram select MF units in full and part redeemed my stakes in ICICI mid-cap fund. I feel good time to book out of mid-caps as some of them are quoting beyond their fundamentals.
Old 7th July 2014, 18:06   #561
BANNED

Franklin Templeton seem to have gone to sleep. We invested some money in our Grandson's MF, record date 1st July, statement still to be generated...
Old 8th July 2014, 10:10   #562
Senior - BHPian

Re: KYC and its travails

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
I was trying to buy Direct-option funds when I ran into the issue that funds require acknowledgement letter for KYC

My question is how to obtain the letter? I am not sure where I have it (or whether/when I even received it). Should I go for a KYC update for this purpose?
Hi,

Have you overcome the situation? I had done KYC long back and I was facing the same issue for buying funds directly. So I bought a very few fresh funds from the broker to initiate KYC through him. But it seems the KYC is not yet updated on NMDL! It is still under process.

Did you obtain the acknowledgement letter?
Old 8th July 2014, 17:35   #563

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Just got an e-mail that IDFC Premier Equity may be reopening for direct subscriptions after a gap of two years.
That's strange. Kenneth has historically opened his fund only during depressed valuations, a strategy that has helped him secure the superior results he has. Maybe the lure of favourable market conditions was too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameshdude View Post
Hi guys,
I intend to invest in two short term plans, one for three years and another for five years. What would be the ideal investment scheme/ sip? I have two SIPS currently in ICICI bluechip focused fund.
Thanks
For the three-year horizon, look for a good short to medium duration debt fund. Consider a balanced fund for the five year plan. HDFC, Birla and FT are good fund houses.
Old 16th July 2014, 16:36   #564
Senior - BHPian

FundsIndia has posted an article on the potential implications of the new budget on debt funds.
http://us1.campaign-archive1.com/?u=...1&e=68031c4542

Please read and comment.
Old 16th July 2014, 16:44   #565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
FundsIndia has posted an article on the potential implications of the new budget on debt funds.
http://us1.campaign-archive1.com/?u=...1&e=68031c4542

Please read and comment.
This is a very bad move by Govt. The risk averse investor & pensioner are disadvantaged as they are forced to go in for higher risk financial instruments now.
Old 16th July 2014, 17:42   #566
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
This is a very bad move by Govt. The risk averse investor & pensioner are disadvantaged as they are forced to go in for higher risk financial instruments now.
I hear some marginal relief may be coming.
Old 17th July 2014, 13:13   #567

I think I agree with the government's logic. The idea behind introducing giving tax relief for debt funds was to spark retail interest in the funds, a move that failed almost entirely. Now since most debt funds are only a vehicle for corporates to pay lower tax (which they will still pay given the indexation benefits), I don't see why they shouldn't be taxed at a rate par on FDs, etc.
Old 17th July 2014, 15:04   #568
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazimk24 View Post
I think I agree with the government's logic. The idea behind introducing giving tax relief for debt funds was to spark retail interest in the funds, a move that failed almost entirely. Now since most debt funds are only a vehicle for corporates to pay lower tax (which they will still pay given the indexation benefits), I don't see why they shouldn't be taxed at a rate par on FDs, etc.
Well, if that logic is correct, then they should spare the retail investors like me.

I have invested in international equity funds, which are considered as debt funds from taxation point-of-view.
Now, I have to wait for three years, instead of one, if want to reduce taxes.

So, I am taking risk and also paying almost 30% tax if I pull out even after 1 year. Why?

Someone will file a PIL, I suppose.
Old 17th July 2014, 15:41   #569
BHPian

I am turning 35 by next month. I have no investments till now apart from my 2 LIC Life Insurance policies for which I am paying Rs. 5500 p.m
I have a kid who has started his Nursery this year and wifey is a homemaker. I am now in a desperate situation of plan for my family and safeguard them. I am already a member of FundsIndia. Please suggest where all I can invest to get more returns.
Old 17th July 2014, 15:57   #570
Senior - BHPian

Government has increased long term capital gains tax on mutual funds to 20% from 10%. I understand it's for debt funds only, am I right? What is the whole implication of this increased tax rate on mutual funds and how do we avoid this higher tax incidence? (If it can be avoided)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks