Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2017, 08:43   #1531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manku View Post
Having just been through this journey myself (Fundsindia to direct plans), I did a bunch of experimentation with the various options available...

mfutil + valueresearch can work as well, but it made sense to do the whole thing in a single point just like fundsindia used to offer.
My friend uses zerodha for mutual funds (direct plans), since they don't earn anything from fund house they charge their customers 50 rupees per month and the interface was good with charts, some analysis etc. I was told that they don't have all the funds as of now.

Went through the details and in case if you want to discontinue your membership with them, you would have to redeem/withdraw all the funds which was a big let down for me. Say if they increase the fees from current 50 to 500 then you are screwed, the only way to get out would be to withdraw everything.
Old 27th May 2017, 10:27   #1532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sri Vathsa View Post
. Say if they increase the fees from current 50 to 500 then you are screwed, the only way to get out would be to withdraw everything.
I use MyCams and for the funds they offer, they are pretty good. No charges and decent UI. Plus you can see all your funds at one place (the ones that MyCams supports)
Old 27th May 2017, 11:18   #1533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
I use MyCams and for the funds they offer, they are pretty good. No charges and decent UI. Plus you can see all your funds at one place (the ones that MyCams supports)
My only issue with mycams was they don't support sip for all of their fund houses (ICICI for example). The general support and interface were pretty good.
Old 27th May 2017, 11:56   #1534
BHPian

Re: The Mutual Funds Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by manku View Post
My only issue with mycams was they don't support sip for all of their fund houses (ICICI for example). The general support and interface were pretty good.
I use Mycams extensively too. I agree with you. I faced the same issue recently - could not setup SIP for ICICI funds through Mycams.
I found a simple workaround: Since I had already invested in some ICICI mutual fund earlier, I had a Folio number and I was KYC compliant. Then I simply went to ICICI Mutual Fund homepage and created a SIP (without creating a login) simply based on Foilio number, Pan number etc. Once your 1st installment in SIP is invested through this mode, its starts to showup in Mycams as well.
Hope this helps.
Old 28th May 2017, 11:55   #1535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
I use Mycams extensively too. I agree with you. I faced the same issue recently - could not setup SIP for ICICI funds through Mycams.
I found a simple workaround: Since I had already invested in some ICICI mutual fund earlier, I had a Folio number and I was KYC compliant. Then I simply went to ICICI Mutual Fund homepage and created a SIP (without creating a login) simply based on Foilio number, Pan number etc. Once your 1st installment in SIP is invested through this mode, its starts to showup in Mycams as well.
Hope this helps.
Ah, didn't realize the 'no need to login' bit. I went through the process of getting a CAN setup with mfutil already, so too late for me, but this makes mycams a pretty good option.
Old 29th May 2017, 21:09   #1536
BHPian

Question to Experts(leaving out the tax implications, equity, equity mutual funds):
- What is best place(decent returns with moderate risk and quick liquidity) to park money for the short term?
- I understand that GILT debt funds are the safest investment(next best to FD). Is this understanding right?
- Can you please suggest a "short term GILT debt fund"?
I could see that "Short term Debt funds(particularly GILT)" like "BNP Paribas Government Securities Fund - Direct Plan" have around 15% annual return(way better than 6% on FDs). Is it safe to invest in this?
Old 30th May 2017, 11:07   #1537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
Question to Experts(leaving out the tax implications, equity, equity mutual funds):
- What is best place(decent returns with moderate risk and quick liquidity) to park money for the short term?
- I understand that GILT debt funds are the safest investment(next best to FD). Is this understanding right?
- Can you please suggest a "short term GILT debt fund"?
I could see that "Short term Debt funds(particularly GILT)" like "BNP Paribas Government Securities Fund - Direct Plan" have around 15% annual return(way better than 6% on FDs). Is it safe to invest in this?
I presume, you are looking only at debt funds.
Gilt funds are safe but they can yield negative returns over short-term depending on the interest rate scenario. Personally, for short-term investment horizons (say 3-6 months) I would recommend Liquid funds only.
Gilt funds are better suited for long term investing (3-5 years).
My 2 cents
Old 30th May 2017, 12:08   #1538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
I presume, you are looking only at debt funds.
Gilt funds are safe but they can yield negative returns over short-term depending on the interest rate scenario. Personally, for short-term investment horizons (say 3-6 months) I would recommend Liquid funds only.
Gilt funds are better suited for long term investing (3-5 years).
My 2 cents
Thank you srvm.
That's correct. I am looking at short term investment(around 4 months). I shall look into liquid funds.
Old 2nd June 2017, 17:19   #1539
BHPian

Considering that the markets are at an all time high,is it wise too invest in tax saving MF or wait for a correction. I usually invest lumpsum in 2 installments for the entire year in 2 MF schemes. I have a feeling that this is the begining of a bull run.
Old 2nd June 2017, 18:32   #1540
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
Considering that the markets are at an all time high,is it wise too invest in tax saving MF or wait for a correction. I usually invest lumpsum in 2 installments for the entire year in 2 MF schemes. I have a feeling that this is the begining of a bull run.
The best way for you is to start an sip for the remaining 9 months of the year to even out the risk and to get the benefits of any bull run. This is what I am doing this year
Old 4th June 2017, 12:48   #1541
BHPian

Bumping up for info request
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadjourno View Post
Hi,

Has anyone of you invested in FoF Mutual funds? If you what has been your experience..
I have been quiet tempted with Quantum-Equity-FoF-Fund-Direct plan.

http://fundpicker.thefundoo.com/Fund...ity-FoF-Fund-D

At the moment i dont find much information details around it so looking for your views.
Old 4th June 2017, 13:41   #1542
BHPian

Quote:
Seems an interesting option, but I wouldn't put my money. Are you a first time investor or have you been investing in MFs for some time?
MFs invest in a basket of stocks and other assets, I believe this fund invests in 10 or more such MFs. For me that's too much diversification and overlap, more over it has no specific market segment and is a mix of mid cap, large cap and multi cap funds.
Old 4th June 2017, 15:00   #1543
BHPian

Quote:
Also check the tax implications of investing in FOF. If I remember right, they are treated as Debt funds and not equity funds even if all the underlying funds are equity funds.
Old 7th June 2017, 10:01   #1544
BHPian

How are Reliance tax saver and Mirae asset Tax saver fund for doing an SIP of 6 months in each to utilize the 80c limit.
Old 7th June 2017, 22:16   #1545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
How are Reliance tax saver and Mirae asset Tax saver fund for doing an SIP of 6 months in each to utilize the 80c limit.
Not sure of reliance tax saver as i stay away from anything which have "reliance" in it.

Mirae tax saver is relatively new fund. Given that all funds from mirae are doing good, i had kept my faith in their fund manager. I am running a SIP in this one and first year returns are good for me so far.

https://www.valueresearchonline.com/...hemecode=31316

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks