Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2017, 15:39   #1636
BHPian

Re: The Mutual Funds Thread

You cannot buy direct mutual funds through a demat account. You have to buy direct funds through the respective websites of mutual funds, MF Utilities or Coin by Zerodha. Zerodha has associated charges. Read the FAQ of Coin by Zerodha.

https://tradingqna.com/t/coin-charge...-players/11815

MF Utilities has no associated charges and has most fund houses except Mirae.

Pradeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
Is there any quick guide on how to do Direct Investment in MF SIP's vs going through a service provider like ICICI Direct ?

Also what are the pro's and cons of doing direct investment vs via a Bank Demat a/c ?

Other than avoiding the bank brokerage charge, are there any benefits ?
Also how easy is it to track your holdings when you do Direct investment ?

Last edited by pradkumar : 28th August 2017 at 15:44.
Old 1st September 2017, 09:43   #1637
BHPian

Hi, a quick question. Some of my mutual funds invested way back in 2012 are currently at a 1.2/1.4 index valuation. Does it make sense to sell these and reinvest the money in some other MF or direct equity?
Old 2nd September 2017, 17:13   #1638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
Hi, a quick question. Some of my mutual funds invested way back in 2012 are currently at a 1.2/1.4 index valuation. Does it make sense to sell these and reinvest the money in some other MF or direct equity?
I think it depends on the following
1) You need money
2) Your current funds are not performing good enough to remain invested
Old 7th September 2017, 10:31   #1639
BHPian

Really confused between ICICI Direct and Zerodha. Scope is investment of about 15k monthly through SIPs.

ICICI Direct - 1% commission upfront and 1.5% annual commission.
Zerodha - 600 + 300 rs yearly.

Suggestions please.
Old 7th September 2017, 10:42   #1640
Team-BHP Support

Calling the experts:

I have been investing into MFs since about 5-6 years with one partial withdrawal in between for a property purchase. CAGR stands at ~15%.

Since the stock market it at a high, does it make sense to book some profit. More importantly, what are the re-entry options if go ahead with the profit booking.
Old 7th September 2017, 12:29   #1641
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autospeaker View Post
Really confused between ICICI Direct and Zerodha. Scope is investment of about 15k monthly through SIPs.

Suggestions please.
That's easy, isn't it? ICICI will cost you 1% upfront - 1.8k per year while Zerodha is 900. This is not even counting the trailing (annual) commission.

Also, if you decide to increase your investment amount, that's additional gains. I would say go ahead with Zerodha. I have been using Zerodha for the past several months and have no issues with it.
Old 7th September 2017, 13:23   #1642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathik View Post
That's easy, isn't it? ICICI will cost you 1% upfront - 1.8k per year while Zerodha is 900. This is not even counting the trailing (annual) commission.
Thanks for the quick response.
Just wondering - How and when are these commissions charged in ICICI Direct. Is it being adjusted against the NAV.

Apologies if these questions seem very trivial.
Old 7th September 2017, 13:57   #1643
BHPian

Quote:

Suggestions please.
If you are going to select the funds on your own use direct route throug MF utility. Otherwise you loose big time in trail commission.
Old 7th September 2017, 16:18   #1644
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the quick response.
Just wondering - How and when are these commissions charged in ICICI Direct. Is it being adjusted against the NAV.

Apologies if these questions seem very trivial.
They are charged and debited during the transaction and end up being 1.7pc

So a transaction of 2000 will end up being 2034 charged or debited from your account or balance
Old 7th September 2017, 16:20   #1645
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Calling the experts:

I have been investing into MFs since about 5-6 years with one partial withdrawal in between for a property purchase. CAGR stands at ~15%.

Since the stock market it at a high, does it make sense to book some profit. More importantly, what are the re-entry options if go ahead with the profit booking.
We have been finding the market at peak since last 3 months but never got a 10% correction from the Nifty 9900 also , every time Nifty goes close to 9700 we again go back to 9900 & 10000. If you are a long term investor then i dont think you should worry too much. Anyways if you do feel that you need to book partial profits , please feel free.

From information i got , Mutual funds are in cash for 40,000 crores . So im sure they will buy on all dips. The only Major bearish factor can be the North Korea - US tension.
Old 8th September 2017, 11:44   #1646
BHPian

Quote:
Calling the experts:

Indeed the same thoughts with me too. Have been hearing about a correction in the market. Been invested for the last 10 years, have made few redemptions when I required some money. My wife's portfolio has an XIRR of 17+%, for myself it has been 16+%.
With this dilemma, however I have just gone for redemption in Franklin Blue Chip Fund which has an XIRR of 15% in my portfolio. Parking some money in case the market goes for a correction in the near future.
Regards
Sravan
Old 8th September 2017, 11:51   #1647
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by skchettry View Post
Parking some money in case the market goes for a correction in the near future.
Where have you parked it ? What is the time frame that you have in mind before entering the market again ?
Old 8th September 2017, 11:59   #1648
BHPian

Quote:
Where have you parked it ? What is the time frame that you have in mind before entering the market again ?
It's just my savings account that fetches 6%. I want to stay away from liquid/ultra short term funds for the moment. . My wait and watch period is till December; the FIIs normally pull their money before Christmas.
Regards
Sravan
Old 8th September 2017, 13:28   #1649
BHPian

Looks like we are slowly moving from EEE to EET. Though nothing has been said about tax on equity withdrawals, expect that to happen if the current government is re-elected!

After indirect taxes, the government has now set its sights on overhauling the 56-year-old direct taxes law covering income and corporation tax as it seeks to make the Indian regime more contemporary and tailor it to current requirements.

Senior government officials told TOI that the finance ministry was in the process of setting up a task force to write the new tax law, an attempt which was last made in 2009 when Pranab Mukherjee released the Direct Taxes Code (DTC) prepared by P Chidambaram and his team, only to significantly dilute it a few years later.

While it is still early days, DTC had originally proposed to do away with several tax exemptions, including those available on provident fund and public provident fund at the time of withdrawal.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/60419121.cms

Last edited by pradkumar : 8th September 2017 at 13:34.
Old 14th September 2017, 13:47   #1650
BHPian

Quote:

Suggestions please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathik View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by babhishek View Post
They are charged and debited during the transaction and end up being 1.7pc

So a transaction of 2000 will end up being 2034 charged or debited from your account or balance

Do you mean to say the below?

1) I ask ICICI direct to give me MF worth 2000. They deduct the commission of 20 rs (1%) upfront and get me the units worth 2000-20 = 1980 rs only.

2) After a year, my units are worth 2500 (Assumption). Now again, 1.5% of 2500, which will be 375, is deducted from my 2500. Consequently, my net worth at the end of 1st year would be 2500-375 = 2125.

Am I right here?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks