Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2011, 09:14   #1
BHPian

IAS/Civil Service Aspirants

Hi all,

I would like to know whether there are any Civil Service aspirants aboard. I have cleared the Civil Services prelims exam this time (more by luck than by preps), Planning to give the Mains this time and see how it goes and then decide on investing all my time on to this (preps for next year)

If there are any experienced hands out there, please help with your advice/stories
Old 30th August 2011, 10:18   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: IAS/Civil Service Aspirants

I wouldn't call myself experienced, since its my first time too and I am going almost completely solo with my preparation. But unlike you, I actually prepared a lot for the prelims, though it turned out to be gross over preparation.

And I am actually hoping to get through this time itself. Though it is a bit of a long shot as I started preparation in January of this year only. If I get through this year, great. If not will definitely try once more next year, and I am pretty confident of getting through next time around.
Old 30th August 2011, 13:25   #3
BHPian

Hi Singleton,
First of all, Congrats for clearing the prelims and all the very best for the mains. I'm 26 now and yet to give my first attempt. So, I'm not eligible to call myself as an UPSC Aspirant. But I've dedicated some quality time in preparation and failed to give attempts because of other commitments in the past. Now I'm very much determined to put full efforts for UPSC 2012.
I'm also going completely solo without any assistance from coaching centres. I'm very happy to see a thread related to UPSC in Team-bhp. My sincere wish for this thread is to grow for hundreds of pages and serve as a knowledge sharing base for UPSC aspirants within T-Bhp(and non members too).After spending 5 years in T-BHP,I have a strong belief that all the threads here contains genuine inputs and this thread will be no exception.

@Julupani,
All the best for you too mate.

@Both,
Could you guys please share some knowledge on how you started preparation and what basic materials you guys are using. I usually rely on the online materials from UPSC Exam, IAS Results, Civil Services Exam by UPSC, UPSC Results, IAS Exam 2011 Syllabus, IAS Coaching Centers in India, Books For Upsc IAS Exam, IAS Syllabus, UPSC Exam Paper, Upsc Exam Schedule, Upsc Study Material, Indian Civil Service Exam, IAS
Old 30th August 2011, 14:27   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
I wouldn't call myself experienced, since its my first time too and I am going almost completely solo with my preparation. But unlike you, I actually prepared a lot for the prelims, though it turned out to be gross over preparation.

And I am actually hoping to get through this time itself. Though it is a bit of a long shot as I started preparation in January of this year only. If I get through this year, great. If not will definitely try once more next year, and I am pretty confident of getting through next time around.
Wish you good luck mate. BTW pleae share how you do the preparation, list of study materials you follow etc so that it will be helpful for all those who are preparing/have plans to prepare for Civils
Old 28th October 2013, 20:01   #5
BHPian

Hi All,
Just thought of reviving this thread. t-bhpians preparing for CSAT-2014, please chip in. Let's have a healthy discussion and share useful information pertaining to preperation for UPSC Exams.
Old 14th January 2015, 16:29   #6
Senior - BHPian

Looks like there aren't many Civil Services Aspirants on Team-BHP considering the state of this thread

Just wanted to know some good websites/sources which will help in preparation in terms of articles, study materials etc?

Any tips/suggestions/guide for the preparation of this exam?
Old 17th January 2015, 12:18   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Looks like there aren't many Civil Services Aspirants on Team-BHP considering the state of this thread

Just wanted to know some good websites/sources which will help in preparation in terms of articles, study materials etc?

Any tips/suggestions/guide for the preparation of this exam?
I think that mrunal.org is a good site to refer to.

I am yet to start my preparation, but i generally refer to this website for some casual reading, it has some really good articles.
Old 17th January 2015, 21:31   #8
BHPian

Hi,

I just came across this thread and I find it useful to get together to prepare jointly with inputs from all members, who are thinking of this competitive exam. I am looking at 2015 attempt and one of the constraints that I observe would be limited or lack of online support options. Mrinal.org seems to be choice bit I see that it has a government jobs focus rather than a single CSE perspective.

I have public administration as the optional. Anyone, who has similar option? I would like to collaborate.

Thanks

Himanshu
Old 4th June 2023, 19:02   #9
BHPian

A very apt and well articulated passage was asked in the UPSC Civil Services Prelims examination Paper 2 (CSAT). Hope, this gives a way forward to the upcoming batch of the bureaucrats-

IAS/Civil Service Aspirants-img_1133.jpeg

Last edited by sachin_cs : 4th June 2023 at 19:03.
sachin_cs is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th June 2023, 16:22   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachin_cs View Post
A very apt and well articulated passage was asked in the UPSC Civil Services Prelims examination Paper 2 (CSAT). Hope, this gives a way forward to the upcoming batch of the bureaucrats-

Attachment 2459060
You are getting too hopeful.

The first lesson any bureaucrat or even a newbie in private organization gets is this: How will my action make (me and) my boss look good.

Last edited by alpha1 : 5th June 2023 at 16:25.
alpha1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2023, 23:10   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
You are getting too hopeful.
I believe you got it in the wrong way, the way I wanted to articulate it was, that the ones in the system are realising their shortcomings, it definitely reflects in the passage. I know, things won’t change in a night but acknowledgement is the first step for a change.

Quote:
The first lesson any bureaucrat or even a newbie in private organization gets is this: How will my action make (me and) my boss look good.
I’m sure there are some people who do think that how will my action make this world a better place

Most Viewed