Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2006, 20:34   #16
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
Correct - it is an oligopoly - they all collude ad fix prices. I saw an Altura in free ads going for 3.25 some months ago. An Altura might be worth a look - you can bung your spare wheels and jack etc inside....also use it in lieu of a hotel room. Volvo used to race a staton wagen once in touring cars - more aerodynamic
Yes i would love to pick up an altura anyday if its at a better price say under 3.5L .. As its an already discountinued model , so the resale should be less compared to the baleno .. Also imagine , the altura would be the best bet for a wonderful ICE install .. Two mamma 15" etc etc .. And who would ever think a altura would go up agaisnst modded corrolas , balenos , RS's , balenos etc on a dragstrip .. Man i just love this feeling .. Wish i can just find an altura 2002 model soon enough .. If not il have to stick with a baleno ..
Old 23rd February 2006, 22:12   #17
BHPian

We would all like to know more about the incident with your zen? Have you posted it somewhere? Did i miss anything?
Old 23rd February 2006, 22:19   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85
We would all like to know more about the incident with your zen? Have you posted it somewhere? Did i miss anything?
No u missed nothing .. I shall put up the report soon ..
Old 24th February 2006, 00:52   #19
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore seems to be a very mature market.

Chennai is always lagging behind in the used car scene.Every dealer is geedy and wants heavenly prices. One of my close friends makes 30K every day selling used cars. I wish i could lie better.
Old 24th February 2006, 02:16   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
One of my close friends makes 30K every day selling used cars.
Thats like a crore a year!!! Time to get into this business...
Old 24th February 2006, 12:30   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
Guys , finally after an entire days hunting what me and v1p3r found out is this ..

There are hardly any balenos up for sale in bangalore .. We have nearly visited every used car dealer , be it automart , classic , pretham , citizen , maruti true value etc etc .. And the market prices are bloody expensive , looks like the baleno has a brilliant resale value atleast in bangalore ..

After riding for nearly 150kms on a pulsar 150 in a day here are the developments ..

1 . One 2000 model silver colour baleno for 3.75L which happened to be told about at every dealer we went to .. So all these guys have a tie-up im guessing ..
2. Another baleno 2003 model at 4.1 (nego) .. Was excited to check out the car and it ended up an accident vehicle ..
3. The baleno altura seems to be climbing prices from every dealer , 1st i was quoted 4.5L by one , 4.6L by the other and 4.75L by the 3rd .. However since its a 2002 model and approving a loan could be difficult had to drop the idea ..

4. A 2004 baleno done 13k kms , asking price was 5.25L and we quoted 4.6L and came off .. Will be inspecting the car on saturday .. If all goes well i think this ought to be a pretty good deal .. So me praying .. What do u think guys ???

6. A couple of VXi's 2005 models all over 5.75L ..

PS : Bcoz of the loan issues now im forced to look for a car that is post 2003 .. So guys any further leads ??
Hi Mac,

didn't know that the used car prices for Baleno were so high in bangalore...there is a 2004 baleno LXi done 19,000 kms for sale for almost 3 months at Sai service in Mumbai....it was earlier quoted for 4.75 lacks and was revised to 4.5 L about a month back....it is an absolute scratchless master piece and still has a new car feel to it...i have personally driven the car and everything feels just right....with the reputation of Sai service to match....the car's owner who was a lady upgraded to a Vxi leaving back this car in exchange is what the sales guys told me...

If you don't mind picking up the car from Mumbai, this fits the bill perfectly and your pockets too....

~A
Old 24th February 2006, 12:59   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityapd

If you don't mind picking up the car from Mumbai, this fits the bill perfectly and your pockets too....

~A

It seems to fit the budget but bro he will also have to shell out for the registration and insurance again in bangalore... correct me if i am wrong.
Old 24th February 2006, 13:19   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
PS : Bcoz of the loan issues now im forced to look for a car that is post 2003 .. So guys any further leads ??

So looks like post 2003 cars will cost you > 4L. How much loan are you planning to take ?

Just a thought :
A new LXi should cost you max 5.86L (the B'lore OTR price), maybe less. MUL is giving 50K discount + there'll be dealer sops, which should cover tax, insurance etc. For a 5 L loan you'll get additional 25/30K off .. so OTR < 5.5 L. Plus your EMI's would probably be similar to a used car loan of a lesser amount.
Old 24th February 2006, 14:30   #24
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc

So looks like post 2003 cars will cost you > 4L. How much loan are you planning to take ?

Just a thought :
A new LXi should cost you max 5.86L (the B'lore OTR price), maybe less. MUL is giving 50K discount + there'll be dealer sops, which should cover tax, insurance etc. For a 5 L loan you'll get additional 25/30K off .. so OTR < 5.5 L. Plus your EMI's would probably be similar to a used car loan of a lesser amount.
Well the OTR price of a baleno LXi is 6.8L at bangalore .. Add to that a discount of 50k which makes it 6.3L .. I think i maybe able to pinch out another 10k at the most .. That would still mean 6.2L OTR .. Its nowhere close to the prices u mentioned , if it was around 5.5-5.75L i would picked up the new car with my eyes closed anyday.. Also another disadvantage of buying a new car would be on day 1 itself il have to open the engine to carry out performance mods .. So i guess it would be better to buy a second hand car bcoz i will have to work on the engine , upgrade the brakes , suspension , tyres & alloys .. And doing all this on a new car will be really heart wrenching ..
Old 24th February 2006, 14:35   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well the OTR price of a baleno LXi is 6.8L at bangalore .. Add to that a discount of 50k which makes it 6.3L .. I think i maybe able to pinch out another 10k at the most .. That would still mean 6.2L OTR .. Its nowhere close to the prices u mentioned , if it was around 5.5-5.75L i would picked up the new car with my eyes closed anyday.. Also another disadvantage of buying a new car would be on day 1 itself il have to open the engine to carry out performance mods .. So i guess it would be better to buy a second hand car bcoz i will have to work on the engine , upgrade the brakes , suspension , tyres & alloys .. And doing all this on a new car will be really heart wrenching ..
Well modifying an old car makes sense .. that way it's fine.

Have you given a shot at bargaining on the LXi price ? I think it's possible to get 1L discount including finance sops.
Old 24th February 2006, 14:38   #26
BANNED

Quote:
Well modifying an old car makes sense .. that way it's fine.

Have you given a shot at bargaining on the LXi price ? I think it's possible to get 1L discount including finance sops.
Well i have bargained , but that seems to be the end of it , 60k max on the OTR price of 6.8L .. They arent willing to give anymore discounts and 1L discount .. Thats really unheard of here ..
Old 24th February 2006, 15:08   #27
Senior - BHPian

New car and old car prices indicate that the Baleno is moucho liked in Bangalore !

The first car you referred to is probably this one :
http://www.indiaconnect.com/view.php...ban_s&id=51541

Is this the one you are going to see on saturday ?
http://www.indiaconnect.com/view.php...ban_s&id=39567
Old 24th February 2006, 16:58   #28
BANNED

Quote:
New car and old car prices indicate that the Baleno is moucho liked in Bangalore !

The first car you referred to is probably this one :
http://www.indiaconnect.com/view.php...ban_s&id=51541

Is this the one you are going to see on saturday ?
http://www.indiaconnect.com/view.php...ban_s&id=39567
Balenos certainly are popular in bangalore .. Yes the 1st car could be the same , but as i didnt want a 2000 model i didnt bother checking out the car ..

However the 2nd car the 2004 which im going to check out tomorrow is silver in colour , so its defintely not this one .. Anyway thanks for the 2nd link , shall call up the guy and check out the car if possible ..
Old 27th February 2006, 00:01   #29
BANNED

Hey guys checked a nearly spanking new baleno today ..

Its a silver VXi , 2005 ... Just run 4300kms till date .. Owners selling the car as he upgrading .. The car is registered from baglakot numbered KA-29-XXXX .. Test drove the car and the car feels like a gem , and is scratchles , very well maintained .. Also showed it to psycho and his mech for approval .. Seems alright ..

So sat a had a chat with the owner and he quoted 6L to begin with and he came down to 5.8L .. I offered the agent with whom the car was for 5.5L on phone thinking it was a bangy car , but on noticing the bagalkot registration decided to quote 20k less .. But after knowing that the delivery of the car was taken at RNS.Motors bangalore and the car was ridden in bangy from day 1 i offered a final price of 5.5L and walked out .. Is it worth the money or should i pay arnd 5.65L and close the deal ??? Totally confused if im taking the right call on the price .. Need ur help ..
Old 27th February 2006, 00:14   #30
Senior - BHPian

dude go for it with your eyes closed.its very rare that you get deals like this.dont miss oout on it.

rev
Closed Thread

Most Viewed