Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2011, 15:06   #16
BHPian

Re: Shopyourworld.com - BEWARE

Sad to hear about this. I am surprised that you chose this site for e-shopping.

I have used Amazon several times and they have been extremely reliable and professional. This works if you have a contact address in the US or in the other Amazon served countries.

Among India based e-commerce sites, ebay and Flipkart are reliable. It is best to avoid shopping on other sites unless there is substantial evidence of trouble free transactions from other users. Even that sometimes could be misleading. I have used ebay.in as well as ebay Global extensively. Infact, made some high value purchases through ebay (mobile, media player) with good experience overall.

Last edited by fuel_addict : 20th September 2011 at 15:08.
Old 20th September 2011, 15:10   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patron View Post
It is a simple and straight forward procedure. Just call your Card CC and tell them it is an unfulfilled order and would like to reverse the payment. Normally they give an instant credit and then launch an investigation. You will have to fill out a form with the details and send it to them. I am not sure about about other banks but Standard Chartered doesn't even need a form, just an email complaint is sufficient and Citi even accepts scanned application forms.

All the best. In future, if you want to order stuff from abroad and prepared for the higher premiums charged, use Ebay Global. I think they are more reliable and you have buyer protection to turn to in case a deal turns sour.

All the best.
Do the credit card companies entertain such request even though it is 7-8 weeks after the date of transaction. Is there a time limit in which we need to make a claim with them.
Old 20th September 2011, 15:28   #18
Senior - BHPian

I frequently use online sites to make small purchases (Books, electronics, the likes). My experience with Flipkart has been top-notch. From Ordering books to memory cards, data cables, and my biggest online purchase: Samsung Galaxy S, it has been stellar. Would highly recommend. The phone was delivered in 2 days flat with great quality packing. They offer genuine manufacturer warranty and no discrepancies on the site descripition and actual delivered product. They have their own delivery service in major cities like Mumbai, Delhi and Bangalore, so followup is easier. I have never needed to followup though. They even have COD option at no extra cost. Have a look at the user reviews on Flipkart. You will rarely find a negative remark. I have not found one till date.

Ebay is also good, provided you have a trustworthy seller and you review his feedback before making any purchases. I will not make high cost purchases from Ebay. For any big-ticket purchases, i will rely on Flipkart.

Disclaimer: I do not work with Flipkart. I have all positive experiences with them and hence recommend them.

Last edited by hrman : 20th September 2011 at 15:30. Reason: Spelling correction
Old 20th September 2011, 15:31   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
Do the credit card companies entertain such request even though it is 7-8 weeks after the date of transaction. Is there a time limit in which we need to make a claim with them.
There could be a cooling period, better to call and check once.
patron is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2011, 18:13   #20
Senior - BHPian

i have just ordered and received stuff for 10k from amazon through shopyourworld. their service sucks. consider this, even after 3 weeks of delivery, my items are still showing as in transit on their site!

but i have got all the items i ordered and came very neatly and professionally packed with inflated air bags being used to seal the gaps in the box.

but no arguments on the fact that their customer interaction sucks and in your case a delay of 7 weeks is criminal!

hope you do manage to get your refund. but could it also be a one off case?
Old 20th September 2011, 19:25   #21
BHPian

When you buy gadgets or stuff, why not buy it on COD (Cash On Delivery)? When you get the product, you pay for it! Flipkart and Infibeam have COD for almost all products, no idea about the others.
Old 28th September 2011, 15:45   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
Noticed that they have their sales operations based out of India, suggest you to speak with an advocate who is good with that particular jurisdiction consumer laws.
Might also depend on the amount that you have actually spent on the purchase if its actually worth doing the exercise.
Old 28th September 2011, 17:21   #23
BHPian

Last month I ordered something directly from Amazon. Its a different matter that the shipping cost was more than the cost of the product . I received the product within 2 weeks and at each transit point I was informed by the email notifications.
Now yesterday I got a part of customs duty refunded..just like that!!

Regards,
Old 1st October 2011, 19:09   #24
Senior - BHPian

so did you get the money refunded from them?
Old 1st October 2011, 19:16   #25
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for sharing the experience Santhosh. Keep us updated about the outcome.

My experience with flipkart has been very good. I am tempted to make many impulsive purchases as it is so convenient.

Ebay, the delivery has been good. But reliability depends on the seller; so I will not recommend it for big purchases unless you know the seller well.
Old 2nd October 2011, 09:00   #26
Senior - BHPian

As suggested by @patron, i have placed a request with Credit card to get the refund. They have taken all the communication documents between me and the merchant. As per them this process is a 51 days.
Simultaneously i am following up with the customer care of shopyourworld.
Will update here once something turns up in this case.
Old 2nd October 2011, 11:49   #27
BHPian

I too have purchased some stuff like pen drive and mobile accessories from flipkart, very reliable and quick service. I suggest going for COD option, whenever available.

I have heard that even LETSBUY is quite good, friend has purchased some stuff from them and it was delivered on time.
Old 8th October 2011, 19:30   #28
Senior - BHPian

Update,
Had been calling up those guys continuously and finally last week they have refunded the money. I was out of town and was able to check the mails only today.
Got a confirmation from credit cards company that the refund has been received and they will close the complaint i had raised.
Thanks a lot to everybody for your inputs on this.
Special thanks to @Patron for suggesting the credit card refund way.

Again, do NOT buy from Shopyourworld.
Old 28th October 2011, 06:43   #29
Senior - BHPian

I usually buy all my stuff from Amazon,but this time I tried shopyourworld. I had ordered a charging pod for my BB9900 and inspite of being promised a delivery within 8 days ,their tracking link shows my product is still with the vendor

And , I was planning to buy the IPhone 4 S through them as well .Now I am not !
We have bought phones through expansys.com and they are much more reliable and better in terms of overall experience

Last edited by speedsatya : 28th October 2011 at 06:44.
Old 28th October 2011, 15:21   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
I usually buy all my stuff from Amazon,but this time I tried shopyourworld. I had ordered a charging pod for my BB9900 and inspite of being promised a delivery within 8 days ,their tracking link shows my product is still with the vendor

And , I was planning to buy the IPhone 4 S through them as well .Now I am not !
We have bought phones through expansys.com and they are much more reliable and better in terms of overall experience
Check with them, it was a similar status with my order also. Damn sure that the order wouldn't have been placed also.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks