Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2011, 23:40   #1
Senior - BHPian

The Team-BHP RTI Knowledge Bank

So, inspired by the NH7 Blorebuddy thread, I was wondering whether we should have a RTI knowledgebank on Team-BHP. Many of us hear about it and are inspired, but its time to make things a bit more specific so that the fence-sitters (I'll be the 1st to admit I am one) can gain an understanding and the confidence we need.

Let us learn/educate ourselves/inspire from each other's experiences and do our little bit in transforming our drawing room politics to practice and making India a better place.

Therefore - I think its about time, we opened up an RTI knowledge bank on Team-BHP with BHPians contributing :
- The primary issue
- How they applied for RTI:
-- Whom did they address the complaint (organization or designation or individual)
-- What was the specific complaint?
-- How often did they follow up?
-- What responses did they get?
- What final outcomes were observed?

(Just my thoughts. Experienced RTI campaigners may advise what is relevant!)

It'll help us be the change we want to see in the world around us.
Old 20th September 2011, 08:52   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Team-BHP RTI Knowledge Bank

Hey Phamilyman, glad you took this up. RTI knowledge has been covered very deeply in Link.

However, we could focus on automotive related to RTI and develop a knowledgebase here. Thanks for taking this initiative. I promise, I'll contribute to this thread soon.
Old 20th September 2011, 09:32   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Great idea, phamilyman. Since the areas of interest to Team-BHP that can be covered under RTI include among other things, the Ministries of Petroleum & Road Transport & Highways, and the RTOs of various states, I am sure it would be very informative for all of us here to be able to easily access a database / knowledge bank of information that has been revealed by previous RTIs (if such information is presently accessible), as well as suggestions regarding what essential information may be sought in future through the RTI route.
Old 20th September 2011, 12:11   #4
BHPian

Interesting thread. Unfortunately private entities are not under the domain of RTI else we will have many things to share on forum. just one suggestion to All : - pls be careful . there are many instances where RTI activists were attacked and murdered.

Last edited by Rehaan : 20th September 2011 at 12:43. Reason: Hi .sushilkumar, the post you quoted was removed, hence your post was edited a little. Cheers.
Old 20th September 2011, 12:33   #5
Team-BHP Support

I know we have a member here how replies RTI requests. Let's wait for him to respond.
Old 20th September 2011, 13:57   #6
Senior - BHPian

I'll tell you what I have in mind - the Gurgaon police/NHAI/DSC have together not implemented tag lanes fully. Non tag users can still access them, which is screwing up the whole system and causes massive jams all around. Functional tag lanes are central to traffic working as it should.

Now how should one start - and how should one help bring about change without becoming a martyr whose photo is stuck on the wall!
Old 9th September 2015, 18:38   #7
Senior - BHPian

Guys, located this thread and thought it most appropriate to ask here - how is this site called onlinerti.com?
Old 29th January 2018, 12:34   #8
Senior - BHPian

I made an online RTI application for the first time on https://rtionline.gov.in/ and it's been disposed of, but I can't find any information or response on the website.

Is the information sent through postal mail ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks