Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2011, 12:49   #1
Senior - BHPian

I Had A Dream.......

Sometime or the other we all have dreamt while we slept. Sometime we wake up with a smile and sometime we wake up sweating. I have realized that during these dreams our imagination runs wild and things happen which we wouldn’t even think of happening while we are in our senses.
So I thought of starting this thread to recreate and pen down our dreams. So if you guys want to share about what you dreamt about last night, you can share them here.

Here’s hoping that all our dreams (the good ones) come true, let me start with what I dreamt about last night.

The house bell rings and I go out to check. I see a huge truck with a 20 feet container standing outside the gate. The truck comes with this delivery every week. I bang my palm against my forehead in frustration, I know what’s in the truck and I don’t want to take it, in fact I have no more space left in the house to keep the contents.

I tell the driver to go away, I tell him, I don’t want to accept it and he should just dump the content somewhere. The driver insists that he can’t dump it or destroy it or else he loses his job, he insists that I take it. I get more frustrated, I don’t know what to do. Scratching my head, I go inside and tell my wife about it. She is happy to learn that the truck delivery is here, she also insists that we will make space for it.

I want to show that we really don’t have and can’t make more space for it so I take her to my room and open my almirah. As soon as I open it bundles of Indian Currency notes start falling on me, its so full that it is even difficult to stuff them back in and shut the alimrah but we somehow manage. It’s the same story with her Almirah and the kid’s almirah too. They are over flowing with currency notes. Even the bed side drawers, the bed compartment, storage areas, the washing machine, the microwave oven and the fridge are full with the same.

We finally go to see the guest room if there is any place left there, but here also as soon as we open the door bundles of Rupee notes start to flow out from the room itself. It’s a hopeless situation!!!

That’s when I wake up and open my eyes. The door bell actually rang. I hope that the truck is still waiting for me. But it’s only the gentleman who collects the daily waste waiting to collect the dustbin.

I have a smile on the face, guess I have been watching too much of Richie Rich with my kid these days!!!!
deky is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2011, 13:20   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: I Had A Dream.......

deky, if this thread picks up, itll be freudian/jungian nightmare!!!!!!!!!

like I can say, you have a subdued desire for material wealth, and for possesions which are out of reach currently.Your dilemma of possesing the aforementioned can be met only by the influx of massive quantities of the enabling factor.

Basically, you want money!!!

But then, who amongst us doesnt, especially in an automotive oriented community.
Hell,we need it MORE than others!!

PS:I like the thread, buddy!!

Last edited by mayankk : 23rd September 2011 at 13:23.
Old 23rd September 2011, 13:32   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
deky, if this thread picks up, itll be freudian/jungian nightmare!!!!!!!!!

like I can say, you have a subdued desire for material wealth, and for possesions which are out of reach currently.Your dilemma of possesing the aforementioned can be met only by the influx of massive quantities of the enabling factor.

Basically, you want money!!!

But then, who amongst us doesnt, especially in an automotive oriented community.
Hell,we need it MORE than others!!

PS:I like the thread, buddy!!
Thanks for liking the thread.

And if I wanted so much money I would have accepted the truck in the first place itself and filled my bed room too and slept in the car. Remember I was pretty frustrated when I saw the truck? Couldnt that also mean that I am satisfied with what I have??

But yeah half a truck load should be enough for the rest of my life

P.S.: Had to google to find the meaning of freudian/jungian
Old 23rd September 2011, 13:38   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

You woke up and when the door bell rang, you were hoping it was the truck, werent you?

There can never be not-enough-space for money, can it?
out of space?
buy it!!!

And for the life of me, i cant recall even a single , not one, dream/nightmare that i may have had recently!!!
tsk, performance issues...
Old 23rd September 2011, 13:42   #5
Senior - BHPian

^^^ lol, not gonna argue with you on that. Oh well, I guess I will ask "them" to send me a cheque next time:P
Old 23rd September 2011, 14:00   #6
BHPian

deky,

This is going to be an interesting thread, I suppose.

It seems like you are about to get money from unexpected resources. So please be prepared for that and please don't forget about a small treat for all those who wish you all the best!

EDIT: Deky - Happiness, success and prosperity is within your reach. Please share your experience on this thread after a couple of months.

cheers!
Irish

Last edited by Irish : 23rd September 2011 at 14:08.
Irish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2011, 14:02   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deky View Post
As soon as I open it bundles of Indian Currency notes start falling on me, its so full that it is even difficult to stuff them back in and shut the alimrah but we somehow manage. It’s the same story with her Almirah and the kid’s almirah too. They are over flowing with currency notes. Even the bed side drawers, the bed compartment, storage areas, the washing machine, the microwave oven and the fridge are full with the same.
I actually thought that after the KAilash Mansarovar yatra, you will be a less materialistic man. Seems you went in the wrong direction

Cheers
Tapish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2011, 14:56   #8
Senior - BHPian

Probably time to read Sigmund Freud again. Freud: The Interpretation of Dreams, Table of Contents

Hoping to see a lot of dreams - much interesting would be the various interpretations

By the way - Interesting thread.
Old 23rd September 2011, 15:24   #9
BHPian

Lets all decipher each others dreams. Most of the dreams I feel are related to your mental condition at that particular point of time. I mean not at the time of you see the dream during sleep but the particular scenario you are in. Most of the dreams, I feel are an indication towards something. I shall share my dream with you guys, but swear on god, you guys would not laugh and pass on this link to my wifey
Old 23rd September 2011, 15:43   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
I shall share my dream with you guys, but swear on god, you guys would not laugh and pass on this link to my wifey
Hmm..nikhil, after ogling at the KF air hostess on the flight , now where do you take them with you in your dreams which makes you fear your wife.

Looks like some interesting reading times ahead. Do share. Looking forward to it.
Old 23rd September 2011, 15:50   #11
Senior - BHPian

You're helping some poor PhD student write his/her thesis for free through this thread
Old 28th September 2011, 15:13   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey, lets impart some momentum.

I had a dream.
not king-esque, but what i recall is very short.

That i had the accident from I-robot, the one in the tunnel?
And when that robot caught up to me, it was tring to steal a TBHP sticker from the audi!!!
wow!
Old 28th September 2011, 15:28   #13
BANNED

I get this recurring dream of falling off a ledge into a valley. I react by a sudden kick and the whole body jolts, it startles me and I am wide awake after that.

Have had many a breakups because of this. So I do believe its a good dream

Unless someone thinks otherwise.
Spitfire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2011, 15:39   #14
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
I get this recurring dream of falling off a ledge into a valley. I react by a sudden kick and the whole body jolts, it startles me and I am wide awake after that.
Similar one except that I slip while rock climbing and wake up with a jolt. Have startled wife many times and a poor co-passenger once on a flight. The poor chap changed seats.

Another recurring one - lost in space or lost in a valley, searching for something. Don't know what.
Old 28th September 2011, 15:51   #15
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Similar one except that I slip while rock climbing and wake up with a jolt. Have startled wife many times and a poor co-passenger once on a flight. The poor chap changed seats.
That is exactly the way it happens to me too. Couldn't get the word rock climbing. Its like I step on a rock/ledge while climbing up and then it slips. I am looking at my foot all the time in the dream. As soon as I slip I wake up.

While staying over at a friends place I kicked his pet a Pomeranian so badly that the poor thing had to be hospitalized with a broken bone. :(

The kick is not severe every time.

Quote:
Another recurring one - lost in space or lost in a valley, searching for something. Don't know what.
You must be kidding me. I get this one too. Mine is more of bouncing off walls and getting lost in a vacuum. I float around for a while looking for something. No idea what.

Maybe both dreams are a pointer to something. Quite a coincidence that is it common for both of us. Hmm...

I had asked my mother about the former. And she said you must have actually slipped sometime in your life when you were a child. Which must have freaked you out (not her words ). That must have created a lasting impression on you. It gets replayed when you are in deep sleep. Its your fear that lives within.

When I was young I was known to climb trees, walls, go up hills, etc. So I believe that is a possibility.

Do dreams like "dating" beautiful woman qualify here. I have about 2 TBs of dreams on those.

PS: Now don't send me PMs asking me where to come with a empty portable disk drive. LOL!! That's not what I was talking about.

Most Viewed