Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Do you believe in Vasthu ?
Vasthu is a real science. The position of my bedroom/ kitchen affects my life. 23 18.25%
Vasthu is BS. We should stop these so called experts exploiting gullible people. 63 50.00%
Vasthu is part science, part fiction. 40 31.75%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2012, 19:12   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Do you believe in Vaastu ?

Most houses and flats built nowadays follow vaastu guidelines. Its too risky for a builder not to do that.

Problem is mostly with old properties.
Old 28th June 2012, 20:12   #62
Senior - BHPian

Look at the bright side; we can select the least vastu compliant property and beat down the price on that count alone! What prevents anyone from doing that?

Vastu is like alternative medicine. Those who believe in them will spend vast sums of money on such medicines. Their money, their medicine! For example my personal opinion is homeopathy is just placebo. Should I go deriding it to all who will listen?
Old 28th June 2012, 20:41   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

We recently moved to a new place, an apartment freshly constructed. Some vaastu freak, who ruined the look of his house going the vaastu way commented that our place is not so much vaastu compliant. Its a year since we moved and there is no adverse effect.

One peculiar occurrence is that whatever we may purchase, it will be replaced by warranty. Either the quality of items have gone down or as per the great person vaastu s
Isn't right Pen drive, camera, home theatre, headset, water purifier, two surge protectors, one hard disk, a telephone, some furniture, a mattress and a looong list filled which have been replaced through warranty because of some or the other problems.
Old 28th June 2012, 21:03   #64
BHPian

My personal belief is that, like much else in our culture/social structure/social beliefs, vaastu started out as an architectural guide in the days when there was no air conditioning/fans/electrical bulbs! Enabling air circulation (according to the prominent wind patterns of our sub-continent) as well as allowing sufficient sunlight (to reduce incidents of mold, etc as well as feel fresher).

Perhaps one could argue that lack of air circulation/sunlight could turn one sickly, and result in more clashes amongst the household members.

But, anyone who insists that I decide to purchase a house, or build a shop/factory/office according to Vaastu otherwise my peace of mind will be shattered, deserves to be clothed in leaves and left to fend alone in the jungle, just so that his body is in the same era as his brains are!

But, to those who keep their Vaastu compliance to themselves, I do NOT wish the same, so please don't flame me!
Old 29th June 2012, 11:31   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Very true. We can relate vaastu to ancient architectural science. I declare that I know nothing about the original science, but what we hear today is just an exaggerated version of the ancient science. Maybe it was used to ensure homes had good light, air and ventilation, as these are much necessary than beauty etc. Bad ventilation causes frustration at least, as I have observed myself in rooms without ventilation. The air inside will be stuffy, and prolonged exposure to this air will cause health problems. I too believe in the same.

Having a water body in front of the entrance of the house/building is said to absorb the negative power entering the building. I have a fish tank near the entrance of my house as well as my grandparent's house. Not because of the belief but because of interest in keeping fish. But people comment that its good etc. Just give them a smile. We have lived and are living in a house whose entrance is west facing. But the house was what we liked out of the other units in the apartments. Hence, we cannot help it. There are many like us, and hence, we can convince ourselves.
Old 29th June 2012, 12:42   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by an_and View Post
Tell me one thing, you had a stomach ache and went to a doctor. He gave you all sorts of medicines, but after three months of taking medicines nothing works, your stomach ache still persists... so is all medicine wrong and all doctors quacks??? And that there is no science to it?

Certain parts of our Vedas have the power to cure a person by just reciting mantras. The catch is that the pronunciation has to be precise. One of our so called mythological stories ( more so becaus now they have found a stucture connecting rameshwaram to Lanka, but still we call it mythological) kumbhakarna was awarded the power to sleep when he mispronounced Indra asan as nidra asan...

Let us not rubbish all this. There is now a new theory being propounded that there is indeed a dark matter (a more subtle form of aura) that surrounds the earth which also houses life in a different dimension.

Coming to vastu, It depends on who consulted, how good he was and his limitations. There is so much knowledge that we have lost during the times that we were ruled by various foreign rules that the complete knowledge is hardly to be found. TodAy we have become so gullible that anyone takes us for a ride. Best living examples are the babas and yogis of today.

Even vastu has cures for its ill effects.

We need to be discerning On whom we listen to. I will sign off with that.

By the way, nor do I practice vastu nor do I advocate it's use. TO EACH ONE HIS OWN.
... so what happens to the houses outside India (where no one knows about this esoteric "art")?
Old 29th June 2012, 13:27   #67
Senior - BHPian

Guys, if we don't believe in vaastu, fine. But if we can't convince/over rule our own family members and hence forego some nice property, what is the use in ranting against complete strangers for following it?

Don't we all perform a puja to a new vehicle before taking delivery? Do all vehicles taken without puja meet with fatal accidents? Then why this puja? Don't say it costs only a pittance; it is the principle that matters.
Old 29th June 2012, 13:53   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Don't we all perform a puja to a new vehicle before taking delivery? Do all vehicles taken without puja meet with fatal accidents? Then why this puja? Don't say it costs only a pittance; it is the principle that matters.
I had the exact same argument with my wife when we bought a car. I asked her why is it that no one outside India does any pujas on their cars/ vehicles and it is still India that has the highest number of fatalities on the roads . Ofcourse, I should know better than to argue logic with my wife, so I had to finally give in and do the puja.
Old 30th June 2012, 00:35   #69
BHPian

You have to do he puja because Indian roads are very dangerous. :-)
Old 30th June 2012, 00:52   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
I had the exact same argument with my wife when we bought a car. I asked her why is it that no one outside India does any pujas on their cars/ vehicles and it is still India that has the highest number of fatalities on the roads . Ofcourse, I should know better than to argue logic with my wife, so I had to finally give in and do the puja.
Sir, I beg to differ as I during my stay abroad in Toronto have seen vehicle puja been done at Vishnu Mandir (address below), also the pujari's who manage the place are equivalent to one in any of the sacred Temples in India.
Address-Vishnu Mandir
Richmond Hill 8640 Yonge street
Richmond Hill (N of Toronto)
Ont. L4J 1W8 Ph: (416) 827-8488
Old 30th June 2012, 00:55   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Hope we never become teaaam--bbHp.cOm
THAT would be the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
You have to do he puja because Indian roads are very dangerous. :-)
Maybe the puja is done not to your car but to the other road users so that they drive well ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
Can vastu be applied for cars?
Oh ! Yes. Just seal all 4 doors and make just one door on the top, this could also be your sunroof.

BTW, I am not an expert on vaasthu, especially on cars. Maruthi should be experts which is why they bring ill shaped backside for their cars.

Last edited by esteem_lover : 30th June 2012 at 01:14. Reason: Quoting noopster
Old 30th June 2012, 01:04   #72
Senior - BHPian

I believe, Vaastu was just mere guidelines for the location of door, window for optimum light to enter the home(in those era when electricity was not there) as well as aeration/ventilation.

Like everything else, it became a cash cow for middlemen.
Old 30th June 2012, 09:28   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
I don't know about cars. But you can apply it your website.
Web Vastu - Web Vaastu Consultants, Webvastu, Vastu Website Designing, Webvaastu in India
ROTFL Web Vastu !!!!
I think this is taking it to a different tangent. The same principles of the forces of nature on a physical structure may be translated to colors/fonts/layout. Innovative I must say.

Maybe took the principles of good web designing, sprinkled some vastu concepts and its ready for suckers !!!

Imagine this.
I hope I don't see this note.
Your e-commerce business results not good in the last quarter ??
Well good news. Oracle Applications Release 12.3 is now Vastu compliant. Upgrade ASAP
Old 31st July 2012, 11:06   #74
Team-BHP Support

Maruti Suzuki seeks help of astrologer to correct vaastu at Manesar plant
Old 31st July 2012, 11:31   #75
BHPian

I'm a deep believer and take serious offense at this condescending thread!!

Don't you people realize that there is an urgent need for a Nation-wide Vastu directoves and compliance enforcement policy? The simple cause for all the road accidents, the tendency of otherwise civil people to suddenly be occupied by the spirits that inspire road rage, and so many railway users dying in freak mishaps is that our roads and railways are running in all directions!! They should all be running either North or East! And, if really necessary North-East! For all travels in opposite directions, how difficult is it to circle the globe?

These scientists proposing social as well as safety oriented engineering be damned!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks