Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2004, 20:03   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Billionaire steel tycoon Laxmi Mittal just bought Bernie Ecclestones London mansion for....70 Million pounds - Thats approximately 560 Crore rupees!! This bit of news is apparently going to make it to the Guiness for being the most expensive house deal ever.

I couldnt care any less for Mittal because of his anti-India sentiments. But he is a bloody achiever. Grew up in a village in Rajasthan and is now the king of the world when it comes to restoring sick manufacturing units back to good health. He single handedly built LNM which is today the worlds second largest steel producer.

GTO

P.S. And yes, the house does have parking space for 20 cars.
Old 12th April 2004, 20:14   #2
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

the same guy who's yacht was docked in Bombay some months back, right???
Old 12th April 2004, 21:38   #3
Senior - BHPian

I can't understand HOW these people become so big, earn so much........
Old 12th April 2004, 22:06   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]I can't understand HOW these people become so big, earn so much........
Work hard, think smart...and yes, a good good dollop of luck

GTO
Old 12th April 2004, 23:51   #5
Senior - BHPian

I heard that piece of news on the radio. Good for him and his house. But I'd rather be interested in what is parked in that space for 20 cars

Cheers
Old 13th April 2004, 00:28   #6
BHPian

Definately a Maybach 62.
Old 13th April 2004, 00:46   #7
Senior - BHPian

absolutely fantastic, what these indians go abroad and make it big shows what our country is capable of.
i really hope they do a report on when he fills up that 20 car garage, id really like to know what goes on through his head when he is buying cars, especially when he can buy any car in the world.
Old 13th April 2004, 01:28   #8
Senior - BHPian

only thing is our country does not supply them with the necessary resources they need to be successful
Old 13th April 2004, 08:43   #9
Senior - BHPian

hey gordon, why do u say that?
reliance suceeded complelty coz of the resources in india, so did wipro or infosys, there are many other companies like that, a person should know how to utilze them thats it
Old 12th April 2006, 06:53   #10
ash_edged

Lakshmi Mittal looking forward to jump in car production ?

Well since Lakshmi Mittal has been discussed in this previous thread. So I thought will continue in same. Welll first his purchased 50 bedroom above house mentioned by GTO above. I am gob smacked by looking at it looks awfully huge in person .. obviously from outside

Secondly, yes he does ride in a Maybach was seeing a related news of Mittal Steel (the biggest steel company in the world) trying to aquire Arcelor (the second biggest) where he left the confrence chased by media questions and he and his son Aditya sat in the Maybach and zoomed off.

Now finally what i was wondering is this peice of news ......

01.04.2006. DaimlerChrysler sells its Maybach Division.

Latest rumours from the Headquarters of DaimlerChrysler in Sindelfingen told us, that they issued latest press-release about worst situation in Maybach. Due to low Maybach sales in 2005 year, the HQ decided to finish Maybach project under DC and MB umbrellas. The sensation is that Maybach division will be sold to its main competitor. But the name of competitor is still kept in secret. Our informer in DC told us that it's not Rolls-Royce or Bentley, the potential competitor has Indian origin (may be Lakshmi Mittal? or Tata automaker?)

source .... www.maybach.ru/en/

An comments ? Ideas ? more news ?

Safe,
Ash

Old 12th April 2006, 07:25   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_edged
01.04.2006. DaimlerChrysler sells its Maybach Division.

Latest rumours from the Headquarters of DaimlerChrysler in Sindelfingen told us, that they issued latest press-release about worst situation in Maybach. Due to low Maybach sales in 2005 year, the HQ decided to finish Maybach project under DC and MB umbrellas. The sensation is that Maybach division will be sold to its main competitor. But the name of competitor is still kept in secret. Our informer in DC told us that it's not Rolls-Royce or Bentley, the potential competitor has Indian origin (may be Lakshmi Mittal? or Tata automaker?)

source .... www.maybach.ru/en/

An comments ? Ideas ? more news ?
Looks like you didnt notice the date on that bit of news.................
Old 12th April 2006, 07:36   #12
Team-BHP Support

....and in a recent interview, the current CEO said that they can afford to run Maybacch as it is. Only Smart is being the money pit
Old 12th April 2006, 17:49   #13
ash_edged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Looks like you didnt notice the date on that bit of news.................
Looks hardly old to me ... 01.04.2006 .... hardly 12 days old news !

Old 12th April 2006, 21:05   #14
BHPian

Ash Edged wht Steeroid meant was that the news is on the 1st of April...April Fool's Day......
Old 12th April 2006, 21:51   #15
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadix
hey gordon, why do u say that?
reliance suceeded complelty coz of the resources in india, so did wipro or infosys, there are many other companies like that, a person should know how to utilze them thats it
Well I feel the right things done at the right time help a bit. I dont think Dhirubhai could have made Reliance Empire if he had started it now.

On topic: Steer great catch .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks