Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2011, 16:13   #1
Team-BHP Support

Prelude to the 2012 Auto Expo

With just 3 months to go for 2012 Auto expo at Delhi (Jan 7-11), is there any information on tickets and schedule, apart from what is mentioned here?
Auto-expo

Looks like the expo is open for the general public during all 4 days. I will mostly book my flights for 6th and 10th of Jan.

Who all BHPians are planning to visit the Expo? (this is a stupid question anyway) Anyone joining from Bangalore?

mods : if you feel this needs to be moved to the team-bhp meet section, please do so. I thought this thread could discuss schedule, tickets, BHPians meeting and other misc. topics in the same thread, hence posted in 'Shifting gears' section
Old 3rd October 2011, 09:20   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The 2012 Auto Expo thread

We will be there officially with a JBL booth.
Old 3rd October 2011, 10:20   #3
BHPian

I did not know about the dates. Thanks for the info. Will be there for sure.
Old 3rd October 2011, 10:43   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

i'm there, but in the business hours, if that is implemented this time.
Old 13th October 2011, 14:46   #5
BHPian

Re: Prelude to the 2012 Auto Expo

Hi everybody,

Are visitors (non business entities) allowed through out the day? Myself & 4 friends (2 members) will reach Delhi on 8th (Sunday) morning by train.We plan to see the expo only & leave for Pune on Monday evening by air. Since this is the first time any of us will be there, hence don't know the timings, availability of tickets, etc. of the expo. Will be booking the air/train tickets by tomorrow evening.

cya,
altoman
Old 14th October 2011, 10:14   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by altoman View Post
Hi everybody,

Are visitors (non business entities) allowed through out the day? Myself & 4 friends (2 members) will reach Delhi on 8th (Sunday) morning by train.We plan to see the expo only & leave for Pune on Monday evening by air. Since this is the first time any of us will be there, hence don't know the timings, availability of tickets, etc. of the expo. Will be booking the air/train tickets by tomorrow evening.

cya,
altoman
Same question I had. The auto expo site mentions that visitors are allowed on all 4 days. Where do we purchase the tickets? On the spot? Any method for getting those 'journalist' passes?

also, I would actually be using my uncle's spare car (he stays in Delhi), an octavia for moving around in Delhi. Given the scale of visitors and people inside, would car parking be an issue in the Auto expo venue? Previous visitors please shed some light on this please. Reason for being paranoid is some bad experiences with mismanaged parking areas here in some Bangalore events

Last edited by KarthikK : 14th October 2011 at 10:19.
Old 14th October 2011, 10:22   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Same question I had. The auto expo site mentions that visitors are allowed on all 4 days. Where do we purchase the tickets? On the spot? Any method for getting those 'journalist' passes?

also, I would actually be using my uncle's spare car, an octavia for moving around in Delhi. Given the scale of visitors and people inside, would car parking be an issue in the Auto expo venue? Previous visitors please shed some light on this please. Reason for being paranoid is some bad experiences with mismanaged parking areas here in some Bangalore events
tickets youll have to get on the spot.
business passes will require some "approach", if you have.

Car parking will be hell on toast, so would suggest parking elsewhere and taking the metro till Pragati maidan.
10 minute walk from there on in.

Just keep your eyes on the goal, of getting to see cars, cos the crowd, and jostling, and wolf-calls for the girls(yes, delhi does not have any girls.Its why 90% of the junta at the expo is there to see the women at the stalls.).........youll be rewarded.
do this, go to , say mercedes, and see where the hostesses are.Just dont head in that direction, and youll have an ample view, may be not head on, but better than wishing to be santa distributing deo bottles for christmas.
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2011, 10:44   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
tickets youll have to get on the spot.
business passes will require some "approach", if you have.

Car parking will be hell on toast, so would suggest parking elsewhere and taking the metro till Pragati maidan.
10 minute walk from there on in.

Just keep your eyes on the goal, of getting to see cars, cos the crowd, and jostling, and wolf-calls for the girls(yes, delhi does not have any girls.Its why 90% of the junta at the expo is there to see the women at the stalls.).........youll be rewarded.
do this, go to , say mercedes, and see where the hostesses are.Just dont head in that direction, and youll have an ample view, may be not head on, but better than wishing to be santa distributing deo bottles for christmas.
thanks for the advice, especially the last part

my uncle resides in vasant kunj. Coming from there seems to be a long drive, 20.6km according to google maps. Any idea where I can park the car and proceed by metro to pragati maidan? I'll need the car for some visits after the auto expo, so taking a taxi directly will render me vehicle-less for the rest of the day

Last edited by KarthikK : 14th October 2011 at 10:57.
Old 14th October 2011, 10:58   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
thanks for the advice, especially the last part

my uncle resides in vasant kunj. Coming from there seems to be a long drive, 20.6km according to google maps. Any idea where I can park the car and proceed by metro to pragati maidan? I'll need the car for some visits after the auto expo, so taking a taxi directly will render me vehicle-less for the rest of the day
park at patel chowk(one exchange on the metro), or rajiv chowk(direct to pragati M)
cheerios!
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2011, 10:11   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

The venue layout -

Prelude to the 2012 Auto Expo-auto-expo-2012-venue-layout.jpg

Official site has been updated - Auto-expo
Old 13th November 2011, 10:42   #11
BHPian

Guys , help me out as am planning to take my 11th month old son to the Autoexpo 2012 and this is my first time. Can I pick up tickets in advance in Chennai and can any one suggest me service apartments near the venue, as I need to take care of my son's diet.

If my planning goes wrong, my wife will ensure i dont live to see 2014 expo. (Read she is also excited and is determined to be there)

Is there any other precautions I must take.
Old 14th November 2011, 14:05   #12
BHPian

With the volume and kind of crowd at the last Auto Expo, I am not inclined to visit the Auto Expo again. However I will rethink if (a) I get business pass/ ticket, or (b) there is premium ticketing system to reduce the crowd on certain days, or (c) the show girls are removed.

By the way, how do I get hold of business ticket? Can it be bought off the counter? Are children allowed under business ticket?
Old 28th November 2011, 12:20   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
By the way, how do I get hold of business ticket? Can it be bought off the counter? Are children allowed under business ticket?
I too have the same question since we have a kid with us. The premium hours timing is 10.00 to 15.00 and general hours timing is from 15.00 to 19.00, does that mean if one enters in premium hours he should leave by 15.00 or its just that entry between 10.00 to 15.00 is Rs. 500/- and exit no restriction?
Old 3rd December 2011, 16:09   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by altoman View Post
I too have the same question since we have a kid with us. The premium hours timing is 10.00 to 15.00 and general hours timing is from 15.00 to 19.00, does that mean if one enters in premium hours he should leave by 15.00 or its just that entry between 10.00 to 15.00 is Rs. 500/- and exit no restriction?
I don't think there will be any exit restriction timings, impossible for them to see who has gone in at what time. It is mostly that the premium hours are reserved for press meets, product launches, etc which the companies might want to keep a little private and more manageable (with lesser crowd). I've heard that the public hours are a nightmare, so it is better if I can finish my job during the premium hours and exit before public rage gets in
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks