Team-BHP - The wallets thread - Which one do you own
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The wallets thread - Which one do you own (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/109175-wallets-thread-one-do-you-own.html)

Guys,

Just thought of starting a new thread to capture all your wallets and here I go with mine.

Fossil Hood Trifold - Have been using this since a year and the only disadvantage with this is, there is no provision to manage coins. But otherwise is comfortable and easy to use. Any currency would fit in easily.

Today I purchased this card holder also from Fossil. Very easily fits in the front pocket and a good place to have all my cards.

my employer provides my wallet
warrant%2Bcard1.jpg

tough, able to hold all my cards, and easy wipe clean :D

jai-uno-t: That is sure something to show-off!clap:
Bad guys would not love it but some one in need would be really happy to see it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jai-uno-t (Post 2536958)
my employer provides my wallet
warrant%2Bcard1.jpg

tough, able to hold all my cards, and easy wipe clean :D

That is one thing not everyone can buy and something to be proud of.clap:

Using an Emporio Armani (made in Italy) wallet. Its as good as it was when it was gifted to me by someone 2.5 years ago.
Superb quality :)

The wallets thread - Which one do you own-20111009-17.20.23.jpg

nothing to beat Hidesign for first class leather accessories in India.
Internationally one could look at Coach, Tramontina and a host of other brands, but personally, Ive found all the leather accessories from Hidesign to be tops. Last for years and years and gather a lovely patina with age.

I have a Tommy Hilfiger one. Have been using it for the last 3 years.
Pretty satisfied with it.
The wallets thread - Which one do you own-dsc00119.jpg

I have been consciously trying to avoid leather, in whatever form. So, when I replaced my wallet, I went with this one.
I also consciously went for a non-leather seats for my car and my new sofa set bought recently. No, it is definitely not because they are cheap.
Belt too. Got a canvas one, but not happy with the quality.
Next is shoes. The canvas ones are too sporty for my liking. Any ideas. (sorry for hijacking the thread)

Quote:

Originally Posted by shankar.balan (Post 2537815)
Internationally one could look at Coach, Tramontina and a host of other brands, but personally, Ive found all the leather accessories from Hidesign to be tops. Last for years and years and gather a lovely patina with age.

Couldn't agree with you more. Hidesign just lasts to the point of frustration. Though I love the fact that it goes soldiering on and on.

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by scphanse (Post 2537978)
Couldn't agree with you more. Hidesign just lasts to the point of frustration. Though I love the fact that it goes soldiering on and on.

Agree with you both about Hidesign - have used couple of them and they are really good, and gets better with age.

Now I use a Sathya Paul one.

What I have now is a black Mont Blanc and a brown Salvatore Ferragamo. Mont Blanc was something which I always liked, and finally decided to treat myself with one last year. Really like the overall feel of the leather. The latter was something which wifey gifted on my last birthday. Though it’s a great piece, I would have vetoed it if I have known of the plans in advance. So now I alternate between both (3-4 months for each). Will post photos later if needed.

Quote:

Completely agree with you. For me, this is one of the best brands we have. The quality is on par with some of the major European fashion brands (which could cost around 500-700% more than an equivalent Hidesign piece)

I absolutely hate the bulk of wallets, not carried one in nearly a decade now.

I use a money clip. Enough for cash & 2 or 3 cards (including the driving licence):

The wallets thread - Which one do you own-fullsize3.jpg

Picture Source

I dont usually keep to a brand for wallets, but I do make sure that I get ones which age well, and last at least a year or so.
I was using a swiss military patent finish for about 2 years, before i got bored with it(it just wouldnt develop a fault!!!).
went for this finally out of frustration, cos i liked the way it looked.
the edges are post about 6 months of use.

BTW, slightly OT, about Hidesign, is it actually Hi-Design or Hide-Sign? I'm little confused here. I got one lying at home unused(got as a gift but never used).
I've no idea what my current wallet brand is as it was a gift and I never bothered to find out. And after 2-3 years of usage the name is no longer visible. Previously I used an Adamis one and that thing lasted me 4 years.

I HATE bulky wallets. I prefer dark beige/tan colored over black ones with slightly tough leather :D. Black to me seems a bit uncle-ish. I have a slim wallet bought for 600 bucks from shoppers stop. I just keep cash unfolded + DL + a card + metro card. I prefer to keep it light.

I do have a larger (about 10x6) case at home, which houses various others card (debit/shopping/membership/pan etc). This one i got from Lifestyle for around 800 bucks. Its really classy/useful.