Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2006, 20:44   #1
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Another baleno added to the TBHP stable ..

Well all in all it was a day with completely mixed feelings for me .. Dont know whether to say i am sad for seeing my zen for the last time or to feel happy for booking a new lxi ..

Anyways coming back to the topic of the thread , since the incident with the zen it was rather inconvenient for the family to shuttle around town .. As we had even sold the indica a few months back we had to shuttle around for nearly 2 months without a car .. It took my family sometime to calm down from what psycho and me had gone thru .. So finally now that the insurance regarding the zen was settled decided to pick up a car ..

As usual my 1st preferance was always a baleno (u can call me biased , u can call me a suzi fan etc etc).. Now hunting for a 2nd hand car was quite uneventful , either the prices were too high or the cars for sale were all pre-2002 model .. Finally found one pearl silver VXi 2005 model , run only 4300 kms , in excellent condition for 5.5L .. Nearly closed the deal on it , however decided to check the service details of this very particular car and hence went to RNS.Motors ..

On reaching RNS.Motors , just enquired about the cost of the new LXi and the discounts being offered .. The best price i got was 6.8L OTR with a 50k discount .. Found it good enough a deal and decided to go in for the new one only on the 28th of feb 2006 .. As there was an expected cut in the prices owing to the budget had to wait till today to close the deal ..

The final offer that i got is as follows :

1. Car on the road price = 6.8L as of 28th feb 2006 ...

Discounts that i got are :

1. 22k discount as in free insurance ..
2. 25k gift cheque for accessories etc ...
3. 9k slash with the new prices coming to effect today ..
4. 15k corporate discount ..
5. Still negotiating for fog lamps - (sagar had offered free fog lamps along with body coloured paint for the door handles , mirrors etc) .. However im still looking to see if RNS will give me the same .. I seriously hope so .. Prefferd sticking to RNS because of their brilliant service atleast to me .. I vouch for them with my eyes closed ..
6. 4k discount as i didnt want extended warranty ..

Total discount = INR 75k without the fog lamps .. With the fog lamps it will be around 88.5k .. I think its quite a good deal ...

Car colour chosen was pearl silver , my 1st choice was silky silver but as i couldnt wait for another 6 days for the delivery of the silky silver , decided to go in for the pearl silver itself .. Car was bought on a loan from ICICI .. DP made was 1.25L , loan was taken for a period of 5yrs at 8% reducing at 85% funding .. That gives me a good budget to work on my car for speedrun 2006 hopefully ..

Accessories : As usual the basic accessories like mud flaps , foot mat , idol etc are being given by the company itself .. Apart from this i have placed an order for the MGA spoiler at 8k .. Guys is it worth it ??? Also dad wanted to know if its possible to get the seat height adjuster from the VXi onto the LXi version .. If not , would it be possible to fit the VXi drivers seat onto the LXi model .. This would help dad and mom if and when they drive the car as they are not that tall .. Guys if u have any ideas , pls let me know ?? As of now the company guys have promised to get back to me with the details of whether it can be done .. Apart from this im planning to get the headlamps upgraged to 90/100 W and get the side impact strips .. Have i left out anything else .. Guys pls point out if i have ..

As far as the alloys and better tyres are concerned i prefer doing the track day with the current set and then choose on the rims and the rubber once my engine mods are carried out by psycho by the end of this month.. So apart from this anything else that i need to keep in mind ??

So another baleno added to the tbhp stable .. Taking the delivery of the car tomorrow so that i can do the pooja as parents said tomorrow is a good day , the car will go in for registration on saturday and after that we are off to run-in the car before track day .. Just cant wait to get my hands on her !!!!!

PS : Shall put up the pics once i take the delivery of the car .. A report shall be followed soon after the 1st service ..

PPS : Mods sorry if i have posted in the wrong section , kindly move the thread to the appropriate section if necessary ..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 2nd March 2006 at 20:50.
Old 2nd March 2006, 20:57   #2
Senior - BHPian

hey dude
congrats man.i know you already know this...you wont regret it LOL.just take care of her man.cant wait to see you perform at the speedrun.

Rev
Old 2nd March 2006, 21:02   #3
Senior - BHPian

Congrats dude. Enjoy your ride. And do post pics.
Old 2nd March 2006, 21:08   #4
Senior - BHPian

WOw, congrats!

Bring it to the ICE section when its ready

and MCL, time to change ur signature
Old 2nd March 2006, 21:17   #5
Senior - BHPian

Suzuki boys will be Suzuki boys.

Enjoy!
Old 2nd March 2006, 21:43   #6
Senior - BHPian

Dude congratulations on your new cars purchase

Quote:
Car colour chosen was pearl silver , my 1st choice was silky silver but as i couldnt wait for another 6 days for the delivery of the silky silver , decided to go in for the pearl silver itself .

you can not wait just 6 days for your favorite colour ?
Old 2nd March 2006, 22:22   #7
cnu
BHPian

Congrats dude. Drive safely.
Old 2nd March 2006, 22:23   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by adya33

He wants to race in the Chennai track event on 11th, after finishing the run-in in six days.
Old 2nd March 2006, 22:27   #9
Team-BHP Support

Mclaren, congrats on the new Baleno. Do your parents know you are taking it to the track event next week?

You are going to do engine mods next week, what kind? what about warranty?

I was offered the Honda spoiler (with brakelight) by thouqeer for 6K, it looks much better than MGA spoiler.
Old 2nd March 2006, 23:03   #10
BANNED

congrats on your car mate though should have waited for your fav colour. i waited 31 days for my accent which i have in indian blue.
Old 2nd March 2006, 23:09   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
He wants to race in the Chennai track event on 11th, after finishing the run-in in six days.
This is far better.
JD and gang drove the EVO from Chennai to Bombay just to run her in and really got a good timing.
Running in is a very significant factor for race engines especially.
Old 2nd March 2006, 23:10   #12
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
if everyting works out according to what i have planned i should complete the 1k running-in period on sunday itself .. Leave the car for the 1st service on monday and then take it to track with atleast 1500 - 2000 kms on the odo ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai
Do your parents know you are taking it to the track event next week?

You are going to do engine mods next week, what kind? what about warranty?
Yes my parents know the car is going to be taken onto track and then to speedrun .. I actually told them that the car would go straight out of the showroom into psychos garage and that we would be opening the engine and they seem to have no problem with it .. Actually the plan is postponed for now until we return from trackday .. Well coming to the engine mods , psycho knows what all has to be done to my car .. As for now we will be working on the head , intake , exhaust , ECU , gearbox , suspension and a NOS install .. And i have refused to accept the extended warranty as i would be voiding the warranty within the 1st 2 weeks itself .. So i dont think thats an issue ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by adya33

Actually i dont intend to keep the same colour for long , so choosing the car colour was never an issue .. Just that for that period i would prefer the silky silver to the pearl silver ..
Old 3rd March 2006, 00:48   #13
Team-BHP Support

Congrats on your new car McL. Hope you have a great one at track day.
Old 3rd March 2006, 06:28   #14
Senior - BHPian

@ Steeroid -- Yep.. suzuki boys will be suzuki boys.. no second thoughts about it..

@ Samurai -- He plans to complete the running in of the car in 1 day.. 6 days is too much

Congrats on your new car bro.. have fune and drive safe.
Old 3rd March 2006, 09:53   #15
BHPian

mclaren, change your signature yaar...

Most Viewed