Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2011, 11:01   #16
BHPian

Re: 18 tigers, 17 lions killed

Here we are shouting save the tiger, save wildlife and this is what USA does, kill them and dont save them. Where are PETA and WWF when you need them?? Really sad pic to see royal bengal tiger been killed, they look really young and so healthy.

Shame on USA and its rules, RIP to all those animals. Thank god they did not label them as terrorists carrying WMD's. (can't say they are capable to saying that too.)

-Sajan
sajands is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2011, 11:07   #17
BHPian

The sheer cruelty is very disturbing. Just goes to show how insensitive these people can be. Our forest officers may be corrupt and poorer, but they are definitely more sensitive than these people.
Old 20th October 2011, 11:11   #18
Senior - BHPian

What a shame.
Animals paying the price for messed up humans.
US allows people to have guns, exotic animals and what not.
Its almost like Roman empire. Full of messed up hedonistic people.
Old 20th October 2011, 12:41   #19
Senior - BHPian

FUNNY how we humans believe that my spending few dollars WE start owning land.
And others that trespass "the land" become a THREAT to our existence and survival.

What are we exactly doing to other living creature's existence & survival?
We are behaving like idiots living under illusion.
alpha1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2011, 13:01   #20
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

America saves the world again - its own world that is.
miserable society - only takes, never gives back.
very sad they resorted to killing those animals - they could have arranged to tranquilize them and relocate them to zoo's or other places where those animals could have lived out their lives.
Humans are the worlds most virulent virus - God did NOT create Man in his own image. We are such monsters that very possibly the Devil may have done so but not God.
Ridiculous state of affairs but no one can say anything to the great big brother America - they are just too powerful for their own good.
One thing is that the bigger they are the harder they fall!!

Last edited by shankar.balan : 20th October 2011 at 13:02.
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2011, 13:06   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

If this would have happened in china , they would have shouted from there roof tops about cons of communism.

If this would have happened in any other country in asia and africa, NATO would have declared them a terrorist state and annexed the country.

I would no longer believe in humanity. Atleast it doesn't exist in the americans. They waste tonnes of tissues crying over a certain movie taking chase, but don't think twice before killing these helpless animals. Hypocrisy at its best!

@shankar.balan: don't worry man. There economy is screwed. Its a matter of time now before they bow down to china.

Last edited by drmohitg : 20th October 2011 at 13:09.
Old 20th October 2011, 13:14   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Leopard stoned to death by villagers - India News - IBNLive

The Hindu : Karnataka / Hassan News : Leopard stoned to death in Hassan district

Leopard stoned to death, skinned - Times Of India

Mangalorean.Com- Serving Mangaloreans Around The World!

This happens in our own backyard.
Everybody deserves condemnation.
Old 20th October 2011, 13:53   #23

Shame on US. They could have handled this lot better. It is so sickening to see animals being massacred this way.
Old 20th October 2011, 14:23   #24
Team-BHP Support

The local cops in US have pretty independent authority on how do deal with such emergencies. They don't have to escalate the matter to higher ups. Therefore, if they choose the trigger happy option, they can get away with it.

Reminded me of an earlier case in NJ where a tiger strayed out of the owners home. I googled and found the 12 year old news.

Mystery of Stray Tiger Leads Officials to a Preserve - NYTimes.com
http://susanorlean.com/articles/lady_and_tigers.html

The neighbours found out about the tigers only when the strayed tiger was shot by the local police. When they heard 20 tigers living in their locality, their first concern was about the property value, followed by safety.
Old 20th October 2011, 14:36   #25
Senior - BHPian

Now what about that NGC channel saving/capturing the animals (reptiles/birds etc)?

Couldn't these animals be saved? Really disturbed me a lot. What if the cats carried weapons and could drive pick ups too?

Shame on the US!!
Old 20th October 2011, 14:43   #26
Senior - BHPian

I had read somewhere that tigers as pets are more than the number in jungles. They shouldn't have been killed. But maybe they did not have any other option. The police in U.S cant be assumed to be trained in handling wild animals. They also shoot down coyotes and such animals when they stray onto neighbourhoods where people live. Doesn't it show that human life is more valued?
In Mysore, one human life was lost.

Why it happened is a different reason.

Last edited by srishiva : 20th October 2011 at 14:49.
Old 20th October 2011, 17:01   #27
BHPian

They could have tranquilized and put them back in their shelters. Then put the animals up for adoption.This is just mindless cruelty.
Old 20th October 2011, 18:17   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Now what about that NGC channel saving/capturing the animals (reptiles/birds etc)?

Couldn't these animals be saved? Really disturbed me a lot. What if the cats carried weapons and could drive pick ups too?

Shame on the US!!
Shame on the US for not having a law prohibiting having such animals as pets. The animals could have been saved, if the entire lot was seized and sent to some zoo before the idiot committed this crime. Once the cage was opened, there was no other option but to shoot them, since tranquilising them would not have been effective.

I for one feel that it is better that the animals were shot, because now the public emotion goes out for the poor animals. But if any person was killed, then the entire public opinion would have turned against animals as a whole - these 35 plus the entire tiger and lion population in the world, irrationally though!!
Old 20th October 2011, 18:48   #29
Senior - BHPian

not only tigers, I see reports of exotic pets everyday here that surprise me, pythons, chimpanzees, cats. I think I need to be a little more American to understand this concept of freedom.

Police shoot, kill chimp that attacked woman - CNN

the owner is dead now, the victim had claimed some large sum of money in compensation.
Old 20th October 2011, 19:01   #30
BHPian

Although I love tigers, in this case it comes down to whether the authorities want to endanger any human life by taking a chance of letting a wild animal loose in the town.

Tough call but for me 1 human life is far more precious then the exotic animals put together. The owner literally doomed all of them when he let them loose in the town.

Most Viewed