Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2011, 15:44   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: RIP Dr. Bhupen Hazarika

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoiseNhare View Post
Yesterday I took myself into the sea of humanity at the Guwahati airport witnessing Bhupenda's last homecoming. It was a humbling experience to see and feel the love and respect of the masses for the great man. While waiting for him people were singing his songs as if in a trance.

Dr. Hazarika was to have been cremated in Gauhati University campus today, but, the unprecedented flow of admirers coming to pay homage to the departed necessitated that the performing of the last rites be postponed till tomorrow morning.
Do you have any photographs that you can share? Would be really great if we can get to see the last homecoming of the Legend.

@Kiran, it's not the just the voice(he ofcourse had a very different and unique voice) but it's basically how he sang for the people, for the land and for the humanity. That's what has touched the hearts of many. But yeah, to know him better or rather to know why he is so popular among the masses, one has to listen to his songs in Assamese or Bengali to know the actual Bhupen Hazarika, his ideals, his philosophy.
Old 8th November 2011, 20:54   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Do you have any photographs that you can share? Would be really great if we can get to see the last homecoming of the Legend.
Yesterday I didn't have the camera with me. Not because I forgot ... I just didn't feel like carrying it.

I have a few snaps of people queuing up to have a last glimpse of Bhupen Da at the Judge's field.

RIP Dr. Bhupen Hazarika-bhupenda8.jpg

RIP Dr. Bhupen Hazarika-bhupenda9.jpg

I'm going there again an of hour from now and then late tonight I'll be able to upload a photo of him in his eternal sleep.

The photo below was taken at the place where the last rites will be performed tomorrow.

RIP Dr. Bhupen Hazarika-bhupenda11.jpg
tortoiseNhare is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2011, 01:43   #18
BHPian

Bhupen Da waiting for the last journey ...

RIP Dr. Bhupen Hazarika-bhzrk2.jpg

RIP Dr. Bhupen Hazarika-bhzrk3.jpg

The vehicle being readied to take him to his final resting place ...

RIP Dr. Bhupen Hazarika-bhzrk4.jpg

Photos of these queues, of people coming to see Bhupen Hazarika for one last time, were taken about half past midnight.

RIP Dr. Bhupen Hazarika-bhzrk1.jpg

I didn't see any reduction in the flow of people even after I had come out paying my last respects.
tortoiseNhare is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2011, 20:49   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yesterday I didn't have the camera with me. Not because I forgot ... I just didn't feel like carrying it.
I have a few snaps of people queuing up to have a last glimpse of Bhupen Da at the Judge's field.
I'm going there again an of hour from now and then late tonight I'll be able to upload a photo of him in his eternal sleep.
The photo below was taken at the place where the last rites will be performed tomorrow.
Quote:
Bhupen Da waiting for the last journey ...
The vehicle being readied to take him to his final resting place ...
Photos of these queues, of people coming to see Bhupen Hazarika for one last time, were taken about half past midnight.
I didn't see any reduction in the flow of people even after I had come out paying my last respects.
The sea of humanity that had congregated continuously at the venues shows the respect and awe the great maestro commanded.Apart from being an iconic figure he was a fine human being!
Bhupenda you will be forever missed!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks