Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2006, 12:36   #1
Team-BHP Support

Street racers arrested on Noida Expressway

Read an article in Times of India about street racers being arrested. Though the reporter was confusing DND flyway and the GNoida Expressway, from what I could make out is this.

These dudes(underage, some of them no license) reached the greater noida Expressway and started racing. The expressway now has 6 Tavera's to do patrolling. They caught them and charged them with Racing and Betting. The guys were without license too and got arrested.

The dude supposedly behind this says that they never did any betting and if they found someone doing that they would throw him out of their group.
Anyways they had to go to the lockup and later released on warning.

From what I understood was that the police used the "Betting" thing so that these could be arrested. Since expressway does not have any marked speed limit and no radars with traffic police(No traffic police there) these guys could not be charged with racing or overspeeding. Infact thats the reason you see so many trucks coming the wrong way at night and nobody stopping them.
Old 8th March 2006, 13:38   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
Read an article in Times of India about street racers being arrested. Though the reporter was confusing DND flyway and the GNoida Expressway, from what I could make out is this.

These dudes(underage, some of them no license) reached the greater noida Expressway and started racing. The expressway now has 6 Tavera's to do patrolling. They caught them and charged them with Racing and Betting. The guys were without license too and got arrested.

The dude supposedly behind this says that they never did any betting and if they found someone doing that they would throw him out of their group.
Anyways they had to go to the lockup and later released on warning.

From what I understood was that the police used the "Betting" thing so that these could be arrested. Since expressway does not have any marked speed limit and no radars with traffic police(No traffic police there) these guys could not be charged with racing or overspeeding. Infact thats the reason you see so many trucks coming the wrong way at night and nobody stopping them.
i was there at the races..there was no betting whatsoever..and we were'nt racing at the expressway itself..thers a service lane to the left..where theres not even a single car coming or going...
Old 8th March 2006, 13:49   #3
Senior - BHPian

Did u also spend time in jail, vtec??
Old 8th March 2006, 14:34   #4
BHPian

i think just leaving them with a warning is not enough they should be fined heavily along with imprisonment if u need to race go find a racetrack and race why put other peoples life in danger expressways r not meant for racing

Last edited by yogi1771 : 8th March 2006 at 14:35.
Old 8th March 2006, 14:36   #5
BHPian

they were there to make bucks...no1 spent time in jail..its hyped in the papers..
n we werent racing on the express and putting lives in danger...we were racing in a 2lane road off the left side of the express, where there was not a single car
Old 8th March 2006, 14:38   #6
BHPian

also just dragging ..2 cars at a time..there werre around 30 of us there..
Old 8th March 2006, 14:39   #7
Senior - BHPian

was the piece about the "dooods" not having a license also hyped up news in the papers, vtec??
Old 8th March 2006, 14:40   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj
was the piece about the "dooods" not having a license also hyped up news in the papers, vtec??
cant be sure of my answer for that..though most of us were above 18..and i personally had a license..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks