Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2015, 12:04   #511
BHPian

Re: Reclaiming my life - one day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Princey, very happy to see that you have joined in. All the best!
I have fallen off the bandwagon since some time. Not completely. Have been swimming instead of cycling. Would start updating my activities regularly here.
@SDP.
Thank you for the encouragement. Been motivated by your Postings on your thread. However, not been able to do more than just exercise. Reading is on the cards, hopefully will start soon. Core work , next stop !
Cheers.
Old 29th May 2015, 16:26   #512
BHPian

Wow. Came across the thread at the right time. Ive been gradually adding weights and about to touch 100. But decided against it and started to work out couple of days back. Nothing strenious but just brisk walking for 45 minutes. Feeling lighter already.

My first target is to continue the workout for another 15 days to reach the most difficult milestone of 21 days. Then on should be a cake walk with your regular motivation.

Currently rereading 'The power of your subconcious mind' to coincide with my workout and get set mentally.

Keep the updates coming. Looking forward to reclaiming my life ASAP.

Cheers.
Old 1st June 2015, 15:19   #513
BHPian

Schedule/Routine
Work day - Get up around 5.15 am. Off to walk around 5.40 am. Return by 6.45 am. Relax and have a cup of tea. Start getting ready by 7.40 am. Breakfast and off to office by 8.30 am. Back from office by 7.00 pm. Cup of tea and off for the evening walk by 7.30 pm. Back by 8.15 pm. Dinner by 9 pm and bedtime by 10 pm.
Weekends - One word. Lazy. Sleep .
Now then, onwards...
UPDATE : Week 2.
1. Brisk Walk - Walked a total of 42-45 kms @ approx. 9kms per day. Shamm-ed out on Wed evening. Was feeling rather tired. Took Sat/Sun off as usual.
2. Weight Training - Did mild weight training with dumbells and rod on four evenings.
3. Reading - Got home a copy of Half Girlfriend. Procrastinating, Still to start.
Looking forward to next week !
Old 6th June 2015, 21:57   #514
BHPian

UPDATE : Week 3.
1. Brisk Walk - Had a bad work week. In short extremely busy.Walked a total of 36-38kms @ approx. 9kms per day. Skipped Wed evening and Thu due to work commitments. Took Sat/Sun off as usual.
2. Weight Training - Did mild weight training with dumbells and rod on three evenings.
3. Reading - Procrastinating, Still to start.
4. Reclaim activity. Calling work/home improvements and maintenance as such. Sorted out my cupboards by resetting all clothes. ditto for the shoes. Surprise. Find out that's a lot to be done all over the house. will start on other issues also.
Looking forward to next 10 days !
off to a vacation to Shimla Queen of the hills and HP for a driving holiday.
Next post ost return from holidays !
Old 22nd June 2015, 14:35   #515
BHPian

UPDATE : Week 4/5

Out Holidaying in the hills. No exercise for the last two weeks.
Restarted week 6 with a brisk 5 km walk in the morning. Fine weather, good morning for a walk. Hope to maintain the tempo.
Old 22nd June 2015, 14:43   #516
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Thanks Princey!

Update for last week:

1. Went swimming on 5 days.
2. Would start using the bicycle for going to swimming pool from next week.
Old 28th June 2015, 10:37   #517
BHPian

Here's my update for the last month,

1. Walked 4 to 5 kms a day for atleast 20 days.

2. Reading - Pretty much nothing. Need to restart.

3. Made a point to frequently walk around and not sit for ling periods.

4. Most important - Started to eat correct lots of fruits and vegetables. Energy levels have gone up already and feeling lighter. Dropped 3 kgs in a month.

Now on will do weekly updates. Thanks again for the thread.
Old 30th June 2015, 15:25   #518
BHPian

UPDATE : Week 6.
1. Brisk Walk - Walked a total of 20 kms on Mon and Tue. Got rained out on Wed and Thu. Missed out Fri morning as I overslept, did a 5 km walk in the evening. Did another 10 kms on Sat. Took Sun off.
2. Weight Training - Did mild weight training with dumbells and rod on four evenings.
3. Reading - Started Scion of Ishvaku by Amish. Interesting
4. Reclaim activity. Sorted out some more cupboards.
5. Fun Activity - Got Call of Duty : Advanced Warfare, Started the campaign !
Got a cd of Wayward Pines TV series, on EP 1 now.
Old 6th July 2015, 13:59   #519
BHPian

UPDATE : Week 7.
1. Brisk Walk - Walked a total of 45 kms this week. Got rained out on Fri evening. Took Sat and Sun off.
2. Weight Training - Did mild weight training with dumbells and rod on three evenings.
3. Reading - Continuing with the novel Scion of Ishvaku by Amish.
4. Reclaim activity. Nil this week.
5. Fun Activity - Continuing with the campaign of Call of Duty : Advanced Warfare. Almost reached the end.
Watched Wayward Pines TV series, on EP 3 now. Also watched 7 EP of the TV series The Last Ship.
UPDATE TODAY- Took a walk today morning, short of midway, started raining heavily. Got soaked to the skin, enjoyed it thoroughly, like bachpan in the rain !!!
Old 13th July 2015, 15:54   #520
BHPian

UPDATE : Week 8.
1. Brisk Walk - Walked a total of 30 kms on Mon,Tue and Wed. Was stuck in work related travelling from Thu morning. Got back on Mon night.
2. Weight Training - Did mild weight training with dumbells and rod on two evenings.
3. Reading - Continuing with Scion of Ishvaku by Amish. Almost at the end.
5. Fun Activity - Got Call of Duty : Advanced Warfare, Still to finish the campaign.
Watched Wayward Pines TV series, on EP 4 now. Also watched 10 EP of the TV series The Last Ship.
Old 20th July 2015, 11:10   #521
BHPian

UPDATE : Week 9.
1. Brisk Walk - lowest mileage this week yet. Missed out Monday due to work related travel. Walked a total of 20 kms on Tue and Wed. Was again stuck in work related travelling on Thu and Fri. Sham-ed out the weekend thereafter. Hope to do better this week !
2. Weight Training - Did mild weight training with dumbells and rod on two evenings.
3. Reading - Continuing with Scion of Ishvaku by Amish. Almost at the end. Final 20 or so pages left.
5. Fun Activity - Played Call of Duty : Advanced Warfare, all weekend and finally finished the campaign !!!
Watched Wayward Pines TV series, on SE 01 EP 8 now.
Old 27th July 2015, 12:22   #522
BHPian

UPDATE - WEEK 10.
1. Brisk Walk - Another bad week. Hardly any mileage covered. Started the week by missing the Monday walk. Did manage 20 kms on Tue and Wed. Did another 5 kms each on Thu and Fri mornings. Managed another 5 km on Sat evening out of sheer frustration at missing out on the other days. Quite a poor show this week. Hope the next week improves.
2. Weight Training - Did mild weight training with dumbbells and rod on three evenings.
3. Reading - Continuing with Scion of Ishvaku by Amish. About to finish.
5. Fun Activity - Started to replay Call of Duty : Advanced Warfare, with advanced player mode
Watched Wayward Pines TV series. Finished the first season.
Started watching another TV series. Dark Matter. Interesting.
Old 3rd August 2015, 12:00   #523
BHPian

UPDATE - WEEK 11.
1. Brisk Walk - The week went off much better than last one. Was able to do a total of 45 kms this week barring the weekend and Wed morning walk. Hope to continue and hopefully improve the mileage this week.
2. Weight Training - Did mild weight training with dumb bells and rod on four evenings.
3. Reading - Finally finished with Amish. Started a new book, For Valour by Andy Mcnab. Fast paced thriller.
4. Reclaim Activity - Sorted out my Liquor collection. Cleaned , Rearranged and labeled properly. Some home activity finally. Need to organize the garage this week.
5. Fun Activity - Still on SE01E01 of Dark Matter. Also got 12 Monkeys Season to watch. Saw Transcendence....Nice movie for serious geeks out there.
Old 3rd August 2015, 12:27   #524
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Princey ... good going!

I am sticking to my cycle-to-swimming-pool - 1 Hr Swim - Ride back home routine. Shoulders and pecs are definitely firmer than 3 months back.
Old 11th August 2015, 11:11   #525
BHPian

Week 12.
Brisk Walk - Missed out four days owing to WORK. Backbreaking, frustrating and long hour-ed. Could manage only one days worth of walk on Wed.
Weight Training - Nil.
Reading - Completed the book For Valour by Andy Mcnab. Gets a big thumbs up from my side. Racy, fast paced thriller.
That's all I could manage apart from multi - city travel this week.
Hope to do better next week

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks