Team-BHP - Reclaiming my life - one day at a time
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Reclaiming my life - one day at a time (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/111000-reclaiming-my-life-one-day-time-9.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDP (Post 2671552)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Fordmanchau, Ajit, Manoj, MC
How was your week?

Not too good. I worked out and ran about 37Kms in the week but no great timings. Weight loss has also plateaued out at 72 Kgs but the good thing is got wifey into running as well.

Since I'm running Half Marathon this weekend at Auroville, will be taking the week easy.

Our local stadium run by the Sports Authority of AP has been opened for public and the tracks have a middle distance runner as coach. Intend to train with the coach to run a fast Full Marathon.

I'm yet unsure but would like to run the Comrades Marathon in May 2013

Weight Control:
30 min on cycle for 3 days, rest of the two weekdays office ate up.
Played badminton for an hour with my nephew on Saturday.
Hopefully this week should bring the office schedule back to normal.
Did 40 min today to try compensate for last week.

Reading:
I am back to my own transport now thanks to the pollution. This makes it easier for the audio books as I can have them on the speaker. I have really started liking the audio books (Thanks SDP for the idea!). Tale of Two Cities unabridged is in progress. I could never go beyond first couple of chapters but always wanted to read it.

Food Habit:
This needs some mending, my intake is limited and is mostly chapattis but the timing is really bad. So going to spend some time this week mending and coming up with a practical plan.

Update for last week:
#1 Weight-Control
1. Went for brisk-walk on 6 days in the last week.
2. Mumbai temperatures saw record breaking lows last week. Happy to report that no defaults because of the unusually low temperatures.
3. Walked up to the 10th floor 10 times during the week.
4. Attended a one hour meditation session on Monday.
5. Bingeing on junk food is on the rise again. Need to put in some controls and weekly-limits.

#2 Reading
1. Went through 7 habits again this week, with the intention of teaching. I am referring to multiple versions of the 7 habits audio books and the print version and the classroom workbook version. Learning is easy, teaching is tedious.
2. Finished the audiobook version of 'Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus'. It was just 1 hour 10 minutes or something. My daily to-and-fro travel time between home and office is significantly more than that. So easily finished it in a day. The print version of that book is with me for 10 years now. After reading 7 habits, I found 'Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus' too superficial.

#3 Planned 'core' work
1. Continued with one hour of planned work every working-day during last week.

How was your week?

Weight Control:
- Did 30 min on the recumbent cycle on all 7 days
- Food plan yet not in place, I perhaps need to read through this thread to get some tips.

Reading:
- Audio books are fun I am on the last leg of Tale of Two Cities

Not a good week for me.
Exercised just two days during the last week, that too the second day tried a little heavy weight and as a result , had my right shoulder muscled pulled. The whole week went by recovering from it:D.

No food/diet plans in place. Neither am I planning for it. I'll just try and exercise hard.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajitkumarlb (Post 2679337)
Weight Control:
- Did 30 min on the recumbent cycle on all 7 days
- Food plan yet not in place, I perhaps need to read through this thread to get some tips.

Please check out http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ss-thread.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fordmanchau (Post 2679349)
Not a good week for me.
Exercised just two days during the last week, that too the second day tried a little heavy weight and as a result , had my right shoulder muscled pulled. The whole week went by recovering from it:D.

No food/diet plans in place. Neither am I planning for it. I'll just try and exercise hard.

Fordmanchau, If you are trying to lose weight, you should seriously consider a food plan.
I have tried to lose weight AND gain muscle at the same time in the past. Without a diet plan, I managed to gain little bit muscle but did not lose any weight and fat.
You may want to revisit your approach.

Update for last week:
#1 Weight-Control
1. Went for brisk-walk on 6 days in the last week.
2. Walked up to the 10th floor 12 times during the week.
3. Attended a one hour meditation session on Monday.

#2 Reading
1. Repeating 7 habits for better understanding and to be able to teach. Looks like I would be on the book for next 4-5 weeks.

#3 Planned 'core' work
1. Continued with one hour of planned work on 4 working-day during last week. A upcoming customer visit is playing havoc with planned work.

PS: Next week is going to be tricky. Would be out of town for 2 days for the customer visit.

How was your week?

Weight Management:
1. 30 min on recumbent cycle on 6 days

2. Cut down tea (with milk & sugar) to 1 a day || if it becomes tough to handle (the addiction :)) have the black tea as backup.

3. Started eating light snack around 7PM and what used to be my usual dinner time (10PM) previously only eating only fruits & vegetables (sabzi)

4. Nothing worked out for Breakfast yet as I need to align it with wife & kid & lunch was easy, I anyway used to eat 2 to 4 chapatis...

There are a lot of tips, suggestions, ideas being provided... water therapy was one... need to research some. So more reading this week.

Reading & Photography:
1. Tale of two cities done - need to start on a new one, I was thinking of my childhood favorite 20 thousand leagues under the sea.

2. Also I have decided that one Sunday of the month - I will go out in to near by wilderness and shoot the nature. I used to actively participate in bird watching here in Bangalore during college days want to get back in touch with that group as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajitkumarlb (Post 2687413)
2. Also I have decided that one Sunday of the month - I will go out in to near by wilderness and shoot the nature. I used to actively participate in bird watching here in Bangalore during college days want to get back in touch with that group as well.

Birding and photography! We share common hobbies!
I am planning to do something similar and have some dedicated time for my hobbies as well. Thanks !!

SDP, that's nice, I had seen you had posted your interest in photography, but birding as well!

On all four Sundays there are birding events here, mainly the 3rd Sunday, wanted to start yesterday but missed it due to my erratic sleep timings. But have decided to make up for it next Sunday and be regular from next month on wards for the 3rd Sunday's.
Bangalore Birding

Here is my online gallery, it's got to go a long way in terms of quality: Ajit's Nature Photography

Update for last week:
#1 Weight-Control
1. Went for briskWalk-cum-jog on 5 days in the last week. Flew to Bangalore early morning on Tuesday and came back late night Wednesday. No walk on either of the days. Compensated for the 2 days by including one more 0.5 km round for next 3 days and utilizing Sunday.
2. Walked up to the 10th floor 6 times during the week.
3. Missed the one hour meditation session on Monday because of a last minute meeting.

#2 Reading
1. Multiple iterations of 7 habits continue. Because of the traffic situation easing up, the 'reading' time has reduced from 2+ hours everyday to around 1-1.25 hours.

#3 Planned 'core' work
1. Continued with one hour of planned work on only 2 working-days during last week. With the customer visit behind me, planning to get back in groove from next week.

How was your week?

Ford, Manoj, MC,
Haven't heard from you for a week or more! How are you guys doing?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDP (Post 2694985)
Ford, Manoj, MC,
Haven't heard from you for a week or more! How are you guys doing?

:DWas avoiding this thread.
Haven't done anything worthwhile in two weeks now. No running , no gymming. Only been taking stairs to the 9th floor in my office.

My alarm still rings at 6 in the morning, and I get up, switch off and think what should I do next. After sometime , I get back to bed. Even tried keeping the alarm a fair distance away outside the room , onto the dining table. I still come back to bed:Frustrati
Wifey is annoyed big time and am being daily warned to put off this useless alarm for good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fordmanchau (Post 2695208)
:DWas avoiding this thread.
Haven't done anything worthwhile in two weeks now. No running , no gymming. Only been taking stairs to the 9th floor in my office.

My alarm still rings at 6 in the morning, and I get up, switch off and think what should I do next. After sometime , I get back to bed. Even tried keeping the alarm a fair distance away outside the room , onto the dining table. I still come back to bed:Frustrati
Wifey is annoyed big time and am being daily warned to put off this useless alarm for good.

Not good.
I wish, I had parents/partners who would have seen the 'long-term' and help me overcome the short-term temptations. I remember, the alarm used to go off, I would wake up .. but the body is sore from yesterday's exercise, it is still dark outside and the warmth of the blanket is just too much to resist. I would curl up again, my dad would ask "aren't you going to the gym?" and I would offer some excuse "my shoulder hurts". I am not trying to blame my parents for "my" lack of will, but I really wish that they would have called my bluff once in a while rather than 'babying' me.

I started this thread to get that support from you guys AND to offer the same support to you guys during that moment/period of weakness.

So buddy, please get out of the bed tomorrow and hit the gym.
The winter is over, I am pretty sure Hybd has started warming up already. May be you are not hitting the sack at a decent hour and that is causing the lethargy in the morning. Please see if you can go to bed early today.

All the best!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajitkumarlb (Post 2687677)
Here is my online gallery, it's got to go a long way in terms of quality: Ajit's Nature Photography

Hey Ajit, those are some really nice snaps! Thanks for sharing.

Its been a crazy year thus far - my entire team is perhaps running at 150% allocation or more, I hope it gets better in March...

Finally made it to the site today!

Weight Management:
1. Did 30 min on the cycle for 6 days.
2. Did about 2 hours of slow hike on the 7th day.
3. Food entire week good control
- milk & sugar tea has become lemon/black tea
- no extra sugar any where (only the ones who eat sugar know what I mean by this)

4. Food timings yet need work - considering my work day this will be hard.

Missed the cycle yesterday & today - thanks to my boss and his boss visiting us from the US. Need to start off tomorrow.

Hearing & Photography:
1. I cant call it reading any more - its hearing - 20000 league's under the sea going on.
2. Saturday went to Nandi hill for a photshoot, started late so did not get may birds so only about 3 good photos. Now I need to process them and post it on the site - perhaps by end of this week.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fordmanchau (Post 2695208)
:DWas avoiding this thread...

Ford, don't let this happen to you - I am certainly not the right person to advise here as I am starting on what I knew beyond doubt I should have done for over 6 years but did nothing but give excuses to my self, to my parents, to my wife, to my family doctor...

You need to figure out what motivates you - is it building the body, is it looking good, is it fear - what ever it is.

For me today it is - FEAR.

I am 34, 20 Kgs overweight with slipped disc & hypo thyroid. I just didn't want to add any thing new to that list and the fear of it is presently driving me. Thanks to SDP, we are having some sharing & support in the process on this thread.

I am quite sure once you figure out what motivates you, and you have that in front of you every moment and you will see the difference.

All the best!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDP (Post 2695615)
...I wish, I had parents/partners who would have seen the 'long-term' and help me overcome the short-term temptations.

...I am not trying to blame my parents for "my" lack of will, but I really wish that they would have called my bluff once in a while rather than 'babying' me.

I started this thread to get that support from you guys AND to offer the same support to you guys during that moment/period of weakness.

SDP, your posts have started scaring me now, the coincidence/similarity is too much :)

And my food timing is not really an issue with my work timing - its actually issue with "my" lack of will (discipline).