Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2011, 17:37   #1
BHPian

SabariMala advance online Q Booking - open

Swamiye Saranam ! All devotee going to Sabarimala can avail advance online Q for Darshan at the below link http://www.sabarimala.keralapolice.gov.in/.

Bookings has started . Wishing Safe journey and wonderful darshan .
rm_arjuna is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th November 2011, 11:51   #2
BHPian

Re: SabariMala advance online Q Booking - open

Good initiative by Kerala Police and Thanks for sharing the information/link.

From the site:

By booking this, you are not assured with Darshan at Sabarimala. However this entitles you to join the queue at "Nadapanthal". After verifying your credentials you will be put through the queue for darshan eventually along with those who are waiting in the queue. This is a free service offered by Kerala Police for the purpose of crowd management at Sabarimala. You are not required to make any payment in this connection.
BheemBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2011, 09:04   #3
BHPian

Back from Sabari dharshan , had a super quick darshan due to prior online booking .Online Booking is a good initiative by Kerala Police & Devasom Board . Coupon holders are allowed direct entry to 18 steps without any waiting .Ayyappa's visting in coming days pls do avail this facility.

Swamiye Saranam.
rm_arjuna is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2011, 10:26   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
Coupon holders are allowed direct entry to 18 steps without any waiting .Ayyappa's visting in coming days pls do avail this facility.

Swamiye Saranam.

Can you explain a little bit more about this?

Last time there was kilometers long queue to the steps. If that is the case how does one bypass this queue and reach the 18steps directly? Is there a separate queue for coupon holders? Where do they check the coupons?

Thanks in advance.
Old 29th November 2011, 11:21   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaykk View Post
Can you explain a little bit more about this?

Last time there was kilometers long queue to the steps. If that is the case how does one bypass this queue and reach the 18steps directly? Is there a separate queue for coupon holders? Where do they check the coupons?

Thanks in advance.
After sabari peedam , at the foot over bridge the coupons are checked for identity and entry allowed thru return passage below ( you will skip the q of 3 kms and save about 3-4 hrs) ,once you reach the end there is another check point where devotees are allowed to the nada pandal .At Nada pandal proceed directly to the scaning point just before homakundam.After another round of checking / frisking you will join the Q for 18 steps .from here it should hardly take 10-20 mins for darshan depending on the rush.

There are signage placed at every location to guide pilgrims.
rm_arjuna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2011, 14:05   #6
BHPian

Dear rm_arjuna - Great info and thanks for sharing.

I am sure this facility would save the queue time to an extend. I guess this online booking option was launched only from this year.

Shabaramala Management should also plan on cleanliness during this season. I feel they should follow few Plans and Procedures from Tirumala.

Shabaramala is just seasonal and for Tirumala there is no season, still I fell the queue management and cleanliness is maintained in a pretty decent manner.
Old 23rd October 2012, 11:37   #7
BHPian

SabariMala advance online Q Booking - open for Season '12

All devotees visiting Sabarimala can avail the online Q booking for Darshan , the same has been started for the upcoming season and booking are now open till 15th Dec'12 .

Booking can be made thru .http://www.sabarimalaq.com/

Wishing Safe pilgrimage.
Old 4th December 2012, 12:29   #8
BHPian

I checked the website on Monday for availability on 6 Jan 2013 but it showed as 'blocked' till 8th of Jan 2013 but yesterday evening I found the whole of Jan is available for Darshan. Is this a technical glitch ? I was able to book darshan for 6th Jan this morning though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks