Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2011, 17:47   #1

A Honda Civic (complete) exhaust system for my project!!

Hi All,

I am in need of complete exhaust system(right from exhaust manifold to tail pipe) of HONDA CIVIC 2011/12 model for my project related work. As per my knowledge,i understand showrooms never give spare parts without fitting into the vehicle.

Looking for some sources where i can get a new spare assembly... please share if you know some sources...

Thank You in advance.

Regards,
Top Gear
Old 18th November 2011, 14:38   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: A Honda Civic (complete) exhaust system for my project!!

You probably don't want to hear this, but I had the OEM exhaust of my car lying in the garage for a couple of months, unused, until a BHPian picked it up for his Civic.

Don't even think of buying new, the prohibitive cost will you.

Go meet with some free-flow exhaust installers in Bangalore. The Civic is a popular car for mods, and you'll easily find an owner who upgraded to a performance exhaust, having no use for his OEM unit. Will require a lot of foot work & follow up though.
Old 18th November 2011, 15:41   #3
dot
Senior - BHPian

Top gear, write to Ace, he probably knows bazaars in Delhi area where one can source old parts.
A curiosity question; is it possible to tell us about your project that needs only a Civic's exhaust?
Old 18th November 2011, 15:45   #4

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this. Thanks

Oh no.... I agree with the cost (The company will sponsor for this work). hence budget is not an issue.

The team (who will work) needed a 2011 exhaust for doing work.

I tried in showrooms but new ones (spares) i am still to get a reliable source to get a spare ...

If anyone who can give me some contacts would be great...

I was also thinking on a option to get a CIVIC from someone replace with OEM exhaust n get the spare (all the cost will be given by the company) ...

Any other idea of getting the new exhaust systems is welcome ....

Regards,
Top gear

Last edited by GTO : 18th November 2011 at 17:49. Reason: Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this. Thanks
Old 18th November 2011, 16:05   #5
Team-BHP Support

If you're in B'lore as your location suggests, try JC Rd. You'd need to walk around the place to find the right chaps though.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2011, 16:09   #6

Hi dot, Thanks for info , but i am need of a 2011 exhaust.

Planning of installing a valve system (aimed at reducing the muffler volume) also planning for laser welding or brazing instead of usual MIG welding for weight reduction work.. Any sources in Blore would be great..

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Top gear, write to Ace, he probably knows bazaars in Delhi area where one can source old parts.
A curiosity question; is it possible to tell us about your project that needs only a Civic's exhaust?

Most Viewed