Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2006, 22:41   #16
BHPian

I'm using Flashget for years now.
Never had any issue with it till now and gave the best speeds for Rapidshare Downloads than any other Download Manager.
Old 11th March 2006, 22:48   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Vampire
I'm using Flashget for years now.
Never had any issue with it till now and gave the best speeds for Rapidshare Downloads than any other Download Manager.
I thought Rapidshare, Megaupload types didn't allow download managers, unless you use the paid account. You guys actually pay for these services?

Been using Getright for years now. Currently on some not so new version, too lazy to check.
Old 11th March 2006, 22:51   #18
BHPian

i use DAP too..used to use getright earlier..but its like obsolete..well not exactly but it hardly exists anymore...!
Old 12th March 2006, 01:09   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar24
I find in the download managers like DAP, etc the downloads are faster than the default download manager in browsers. These managers split the file in to parts and download, so i think the downloads are faster.
yeah if connection is time based or for dial up connection segment downloading might be faster

Quote:
I thought Rapidshare, Megaupload types didn't allow download managers, unless you use the paid account. You guys actually pay for these services?
on google you can find almost anything
even cracks
Old 12th March 2006, 10:08   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ported_head
Yes, I'm a premium member. In my opinion, paying for RapidShare is worth it if you are a heavy downloader. I sometimes download some 1-2 GB of Movies and Ebooks per day from RS!!! This is much much better than P2P if you get the correct links.

As Adya33 quoted, there are bypass programs(mostly cookie and proxy based tricks) to use Rapidshare even without a premium account , but RS service keeps improving to combat such uses and you have to try a lot of things to get a working solution and that too for not long.

Even without any tricks, you can use Flashget with just one thread on Rapidshare and Megaupload. But it cant resume though. This sometimes is better than using the browser download.

Last edited by Digital Vampire : 12th March 2006 at 10:09.
Old 12th March 2006, 10:27   #21
BHPian

using the latest version of internet download manager
Old 13th March 2006, 17:47   #22
BHPian

Vampire, wats ur bandwith if u download so much?? i got a 256 kilobit connection so cant download more than 2. some gb a day(tats only if i get full usage of bandwith) and i guess only torrents and some p2ps give tat.. i have links to all this in http but power failure! sad thing to spoil downloads...

Btw, i use dap 7 n flashget
Old 13th March 2006, 18:10   #23
BHPian

@ Barbar

I'm having a 2Mbps connection @ home in Hyderabad. Translates to 256 Kilo Bytes per second speeds. But during night times, I've seen speeds hover around 3Mbps as well.

The best speeds I've got so far is from Rapidshare servers. It maxes out my connection. While i was in Germany, I've got more than 1 mega bytes per second from Rapidshare servers over an optical line.

The speeds on Torrents as you know will largely depend on seeding and the seeder's upload bandwidth and is no consistent.
Old 13th March 2006, 18:33   #24
BHPian

@ Vamp
Man thats an awesome connection! how much u paying for it?? here in banglaore i havent heard of 512 kilobit+ connection (tats also frm some zee some company near airport rd). Yeah in speed bursts i'v got 1.5 mBps!! dunno how... got lik 10MB in less than 10 seconds.

I agree with u that rapidshare by far has the best servers compared to any hosting site cuz i get my full dwl speed on it.

Hey in torrents we dont solely have to depend on seeders. leechers do good too.. cuz last week i was downloadin something which was 6 gB n it had NO seeders, health 87% etc etc... N i was gettin Great speeds... i can show u a screenshot..

Last edited by barbar : 13th March 2006 at 18:37.
Old 13th March 2006, 19:18   #25
BHPian

Its is not much for such high speeds. Its costing me 750 INR for a 2 Mbit Night unlimited package. The day time limit is 2GB though. Please visit www.aksh.in for more details and various packages.

Yes, Leechers do contribute as long as they have pieces of the file that others dont have. My mistake in mentioning just seeders ;-)
Old 13th March 2006, 23:13   #26
BHPian

@vamp hey u got an awesome package.. or i dunno. i pay 999 a month n get unlimited all through but my speed is constant. ur speed becomes 8 times mine at nights! neat.. wish they increase bandwith here...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks