Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2013, 11:28   #22561
Senior - BHPian

re: Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
Well, I won't take full credit because I have a sinking suspicion that he spotted me first. I noticed him when he was hovering in my outside rear view mirror for a while and then I noticed the number and knew it was him.
Its like a game of Catch and Caught.
He clicked you, then overtook you and gave you the opportunity of clicking him. Clever fella.
Nevertheless, your post came first. So you Win !!

PS: I don't think there exists a game "Catch and Caught". Just made it up in my mind.
Old 31st January 2013, 11:42   #22562
BHPian

What: Red Swift KL02-AC-307 sporting LTD on the hatch door.
Where: Palarivattom, NH47 north bound
When: Today morning, 11ish
I did: Was behind you, and flashed couple of times, and short bursts of horn. Waved at you when I passed.
You did: Turned left into a restaurant/office a little after the bus stop; don't think you noticed me.
Old 31st January 2013, 11:46   #22563
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
Well, I won't take full credit because I have a sinking suspicion that he spotted me first.
you suspect right!

Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-_mg_9978.jpg

Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-_mg_9980.jpg

Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-_mg_9982.jpg

Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-_mg_9983.jpg

Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-_mg_9984.jpg

Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-_mg_9985.jpg

Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-_mg_9987.jpg

Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-_mg_9990.jpg

KA-05-ME-432 - tagged and bagged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Its like a game of Catch and Caught.
He clicked you, then overtook you and gave you the opportunity of clicking him. Clever fella.
Nevertheless, your post came first. So you Win !!
yo yo yo yo yo! don't matter who post first, it matters who drew the first blood (so to speak)

Last edited by IronH4WK : 31st January 2013 at 11:52.
Old 31st January 2013, 11:55   #22564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post

you suspect right

yo yo yo yo yo! don't matter who post first, it matters who drew the first blood (so to speak)
The pic of him clicking your ride is a classic. You are raising the standards on this thread!

But again, baffles me how you guys manage to click while driving. Am a bit nervous about doing that.
Old 31st January 2013, 11:58   #22565
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
you suspect right!
KA-05-ME-432 - tagged and bagged
Mother of God !!! You seem to have shot an entire video. Well, you definitely drew the first blood right from the Madiwala junction.
On a diff note, that ride didn't have a BHP badging.

The last click with Vikram's Mondeo in the ORVM, looks naaaice.
Old 31st January 2013, 12:08   #22566
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binzone View Post
The pic of him clicking your ride is a classic. You are raising the standards on this thread!

But again, baffles me how you guys manage to click while driving. Am a bit nervous about doing that.
Well I have a WP8 phone and it's really easy to take photographs on it. It has a dedicated hardware camera button. Even when the phone is off/standby mode, all you have to do to take a photo is to press and hold the camera button, the phone wakes up directly to the camera and takes a photograph of where ever you are pointing the camera.

And hats off to the H4WK, today I saw his photography skills in action. he uses a DSLR and just at the right moment he takes the photo in less than a second.

Quote:
Mother of God !!! You seem to have shot an entire video. Well, you definitely drew the first blood right from the Madiwala junction.

I have to agree and I have to concede that he noticed me long before I noticed him.

Last edited by vikram_d : 31st January 2013 at 12:12.
Old 31st January 2013, 12:09   #22567
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i think he was trying to not get spotted, but now that he has, me thinks a big LTD on the bumper is due!

Quote:
thanks! could have taken a tighter shot, but unfortunately i've been carrying the 50mm lately instead of the usual 55-250mm.
Old 31st January 2013, 12:16   #22568
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i think he was trying to not get spotted, but now that he has, me thinks a big LTD on the bumper is due!
To be honest it is long overdue. My car needs a lot of TLC in the looks department. Just haven't been able to get anything done due to work load at office. Once the complete repaint is done, she will surely have some stickers around. I have had the TBHP stickers ever since they first came out.
Old 31st January 2013, 12:50   #22569
BHPian

Please lend me your ears.

What has happened with me on a number of occasions is that when ever i spot a car with a team-bhp sticker's, i honk/flash from behind but as the car in front of me cannot make out who i am, as there are no stickers on the front side of my car, he usually speeds of or avoids my intentional honking/flashing. To be honest I might have also done the same to another member..

Hence can we have a standard honking/flashing procedure so that the person in front can fathom that the guy behind might be a bhpian. Something like maybe 3 flashes and then a honk or what ever suits everyone best. And maybe a PM can be sent out to all the members of the new standard so that they follow the same as well as pay attention to the same .

After all its great to meet a fellow bhpian on the road.

Last edited by Enigmatic : 31st January 2013 at 12:53.
Old 31st January 2013, 12:56   #22570
Senior - BHPian

So Who was the person in a silver Octavia with TBHP stickers that waved/gestured at me on NH 24 near Pilakhua last evening? I was in the blue Elantra with GBHP and LTD stickers.
Old 31st January 2013, 14:14   #22571
BHPian

Ride: Silver Contessa with sparkling nice wheels
Place: Jayanagar 4th Block
When: Today 31st Jan at 9am
Sticker: GBHP sticker just behind the rear right door side.
Reg: KA 01 N XXXX (forgot the number)

Who are you mate? This looked really nice and had an uncanny resemblance of the GT mustang!

Last edited by sumathindra : 31st January 2013 at 14:19. Reason: edits
Old 31st January 2013, 14:44   #22572
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvb8530 View Post
Was this the one with all the stickers all over it?
All I saw was a LTD on the LHS on the rear bumper. No idea if it had the other stickers, since I was searching for a parking slot.
Old 31st January 2013, 14:48   #22573
BHPian

Spotted just now black endevour with LTD on the right top corner of the rear door. I just caught a glimpse of you turning left into the petrol pump just after the Noida RTO.
Old 31st January 2013, 14:55   #22574
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
Hence can we have a standard honking/flashing procedure so that the person in front can fathom that the guy behind might be a bhpian. Something like maybe 3 flashes and then a honk or what ever suits everyone best. And maybe a PM can be sent out to all the members of the new standard so that they follow the same as well as pay attention to the same .
On a funny note, if I try to do that in Bangalore, my or the other BHPian's honks will get drowned out amongst the 20 other impatient honks of adjacent indicabs, sumos and tempo travellers .
Old 31st January 2013, 15:18   #22575
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
More than 24 hours and no spotting reported by IronH4WK?
You OK, buddy?
present saar; very lazy these days. i think i'll move to weekly postings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binzone View Post

thanks mate! what i do and how i pull it off comes with years of practice - driving + photography. folks out there who think this is easy - trust me, it ain't. so don't try this on public roads if you're not good at it (ok to try it at home)

in other news:

Jan 28th:
KA-05-ME-7587 white Swift in front of Levis store (i think) on Indiranagar 100ft road:
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-_mg_9947.jpg

KA-51-MB-7132 gray i20 on Indiranagar 100ft. this one has got bhp? on the front bumper:
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-_mg_9948.jpg

KA-05-MK-2229 beige Xylo at ECity ph1 toll gate. not expecting an ack:
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-_mg_9955.jpg

Jan 30th:
that white i20 has a LTD at the back; couldn't get a good look at the plates:
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-_mg_9965.jpg

KA-03-MP-2712 blue i20 just off Indiranagar 100ft road (i think beside Crossword):
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-_mg_9970.jpg

Jan 31st:
KA-04-MD-5055 blue Swift at Sony World signal, Koramangala:
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-_mg_9974.jpg

KA-05-MJ-2965 white Swift in our DP parking:
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-_mg_9992.jpg

Last edited by IronH4WK : 31st January 2013 at 15:46.

Most Viewed