Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2013, 19:38   #26161
BHPian

Bangalore spotting:

Spotted this safari near bashyam circle, sadashivnagar.

Name:  ForumRunner_20130820_193545.png
Views: 549
Size:  696.5 KB

Approached the guy driving and yes, he was a bhpian. He seemed least interested so I rode off.
Old 20th August 2013, 20:02   #26162
BHPian

re: Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car

Sorry for delayed posting - 13th Aug morning 9, a very nice looking Gypsy was entering Bagmane World Technology Center ... anyone here?
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-20130813_085924.jpg  

Old 20th August 2013, 20:19   #26163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suraj25 View Post
Approached the guy driving and yes, he was a bhpian. He seemed least interested so I rode off.
I see many Team-BHP stickered cars on the road and I always either wave / look or flash my hazard lights.

But alas, no one responds back

Once near the Koti Lingeshwara Temple, while driving I saw a car with the Team-BHP sticker parked on the side. I thought they might be in some trouble - so parked my car, got down and went to that car and inquired if they needed any help. I pointed to the sticker - but they had no clue about what I was talking....

Last edited by Tempelhof : 20th August 2013 at 20:32.
Old 20th August 2013, 20:20   #26164
BHPian

Bangalore spotting:

Spotted this maroon Verna on 8th cross, malleshwaram. Had 'got bhp?' on the rear bumper and LCLC on the boot.

Name:  ForumRunner_20130820_201735.png
Views: 1087
Size:  684.5 KB

KA 04 ME 6283
Bhpian?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempelhof View Post

I see many Team-BHP stickered cars on the road and I always either wave / look or flash my hazard lights.

But alas, no one responds back...
I totally understand Tempelhof. Hate it when this happens. So embarrassing. Ill think twice before approaching any random car with a team-bhp sticker.

Last edited by Eddy : 20th August 2013 at 21:22. Reason: Merged
Old 20th August 2013, 22:08   #26165
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Spotted 3 stickered cars during my 15th Aug drive from Mumbai to Goa (via Belgaum -> Chorla ghat).

1. White swift Mumbai registered on NH4 somewhere after Satara. Flashed my lights and overtook the car. He flashed his lights, so I guess he did see the stickers on my car. Then the swift got stuck in traffic while I moved on. Clicked couple of photos, but lost them somehow.

2. Red Swift after Belgaum. Flashed my lights, but I doubt he saw me. Seemed lost at one turn (I guess towards Pirangwadi) where we took the right road. I stopped later at a peaceful stretch when the red swift zoomed past us.
MH 12 HV 9217
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-jpeg-image-65814.jpg

3. White Swift. UP 80 CL 9800. Spotted in Chorla ghat. A UP registered car in Karnataka!
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-jpeg-image-73487.jpg

4. Not really a sticker spotting, but an amazing experience.
We had stopped just before Belgaum exit and were enjoying the scenery. After 4-5 minutes, a black XUV crossed us and then stopped some 50-60 meters ahead of us. A tall guy came out and walked all the way back to us. I was wondering if I cut him off or something, earlier. The guy came over and asked me "Are you Sanjay?". When I answered yes, he mentioned that he reads my blogs on team-bhp. He recognized my car and stopped to say hello.
He introduced himself as Rakesh and told us that he is from Bangalore. He was returning after doing Ganapatipule and Mahabaleshwar. I told him that I am headed for Goa and he surprised me by saying that he knew that! He does follow my XUV updates. He owns a black W6. I asked him if he is a member and he said that he gave up after a couple of tries.

(While I was amused and humbled, my wife was mighty impressed. )

We took lunch-place recommendation from him and he gladly obliged.
Here's a pic of Rakesh, his family and their black XUV500 W6.
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-jpeg-image-63697.jpg

It was nice meeting you Rakesh!

Last edited by SDP : 20th August 2013 at 22:11.
Old 20th August 2013, 23:31   #26166
BHPian

Spotted a black Getz with "I Drive Safe" sticker parked in front of the Cuppa café at the Kalyan Nagar / Outer Ring road crossing. This was around 9 pm today (20 Aug) evening. Was it IronH4wk?
Old 21st August 2013, 03:39   #26167

Met Shoaib tonight at Kubera Garden, NIBM Road, Pune. Nice meeting you bro.. Said that he was a fan of Team BHP and not a registered member, but he wanted to be one... Suggested to sign right up and meet some kool people here in Pune and in Mumbai. After all we are one big happy family..
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-swift-dezire-20082013.jpg  

Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-swifr-dezire-20082013.jpg  

Old 21st August 2013, 07:31   #26168
Team-BHP Support

Had spotted this bhpian couple of weeks back in Pune. One of your brake lights isn't working buddy:

Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-img_1800.jpg

Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-img_1801.jpg
Old 21st August 2013, 08:55   #26169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post

The guy came over and asked me "Are you Sanjay?". When I answered yes, he mentioned that he reads my blogs on team-bhp. He recognized my car and stopped to say hello.
He introduced himself as Rakesh and told us that he is from Bangalore. He was returning after doing Ganapatipule and Mahabaleshwar. I told him that I am headed for Goa and he surprised me by saying that he knew that! He does follow my XUV updates. He owns a black W6. I asked him if he is a member and he said that he gave up after a couple of tries.

(While I was amused and humbled, my wife was mighty impressed. )

It was nice meeting you Rakesh!
Thats a really awesome experience there Sanjay!! Shows the reach of our forum and all the more motivation for you to keep going on!

Must have felt like a celebrity!
Old 21st August 2013, 11:03   #26170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeev1 View Post
Spotted a black Getz with "I Drive Safe" sticker parked in front of the Cuppa café at the Kalyan Nagar / Outer Ring road crossing. This was around 9 pm today (20 Aug) evening. Was it IronH4wk?
Unfortunately, no. Hawkmobile does not sport a IDS.
Old 21st August 2013, 14:14   #26171
BHPian

When starting for office, saw a taxi with LTD in our apartment complex which came for a pickup. From the font and color, it seems the sticker is fake:

Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-20130821_092857.jpg

And just before reaching office saw this Linea (with a Superman logo) on ORR signal, which has a "team-bhp" (just the lettering) cut out from a sticker (probably LTD?) and pasted in odd place. Unless you look sharply, it is very easy to miss:

Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-20130821_094002.jpg
Old 21st August 2013, 15:47   #26172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kousik View Post
When starting for office, saw a taxi with LTD in our apartment complex which came for a pickup. From the font and color, it seems the sticker is fake:

Attachment 1127531
True, seems to be fake! based on my below observation.

Letter O in LIVE TO ends near letter V of DRIVE where as in original sticker letter O of LIVE TO ends just where letter V starts in DRIVE

-
SS

Last edited by Rehaan : 21st August 2013 at 20:17. Reason: Fixing quote
Old 21st August 2013, 16:04   #26173

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post

Did you spot a TN 37 registered white Fiesta classic parked one car adjacent to you? It did not sport any team-bhp stickers.

If my intuition serves me right, were you with your family(wife and a kid)? If so, then i believe we did interact!
Got it, yes there was white Fiesta parked and you are correct, I am with my wife and son, are you also on a road trip (TN car in KL territory?) am in kochi today on wards to Munnar tomorrow
Old 21st August 2013, 16:06   #26174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kousik View Post
When starting for office, saw a taxi with LTD in our apartment complex
OT - Hi Kousik, Is that Purva Fountain Square? If yes, I have seen couple of Team-BHP stickered cars in the parking lot.
Old 21st August 2013, 17:35   #26175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
OT - Hi Kousik, Is that Purva Fountain Square? If yes, I have seen couple of Team-BHP stickered cars in the parking lot.
Yeah - good observation. Well there are sure a handful of them. A month ago I gave away my spare stickers to a few residents which should increase the count a few more. But last time we tried a mini-meet, there wasn't much response.

Sorry for being (if you want to continue the discussion let's switch to PM).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks