Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2013, 00:32   #26566
BHPian

re: Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car

I see the ideas expressed above but I'm questioning the viability. We have a set of stickers being delivered, if you include a new sticker for members to recognize each other, these might be used by non-members too since stickers are on sale for everyone.

Secondly, I have noticed one BHPian who has made a custom sticker of his handle and has put it on his car. We have so many members and I don't think it's easy to make custom stickers for even a 1000 folks forget the 2 other zeros you may want to add on it.

I for once don't bother about lights or honks. 95% of the time the car behind is flashing lights for the heck of it even in bumper to bumper traffic, you give way to acknowledge and they speed ahead. Turns out to be a non-member. Has happened too often.

Lots of cars in Delhi-NCR with stickers. I only bother with those I've seen in meets or those taking out their phones to click pictures. The rest I don't bother with. Lots of times my wave has gone ignored and I feel silly by the end of it.

My suggestion like a member has done previously get your custom made sticker with your handle and stick it where it's visible. I personally won't do it cause I get spotted maybe once every 2-3 months.
Old 17th September 2013, 00:58   #26567
BHPian

Handle on the sticker, is a thought discussed numerous times in this thread and in tbhp meets. It does not seem like a doable option.

One thought that came closest to being termed as doable was, provide a tick/check field Editable to Members Only on the sticker purchase form. This when ticked adds the username to a sticker and shipped.

Second thought on similar lines, provide a sticker template with a check/tick option( visible and editable to members only), which automatically adds the username to the template. Member downloads and gets the sticker printed. Quality of sticker would be a question here.

In the end, no perfect solution though. Till then, two quick flashes, no response fine, else the day is made. Cheers.

MaSh
Old 17th September 2013, 01:16   #26568
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekB86 View Post
I see the ideas expressed above but I'm questioning the viability. We have a set of stickers being delivered, if you include a new sticker for members to recognize each other, these might be used by non-members too since stickers are on sale for everyone.

Secondly, I have noticed one BHPian who has made a custom sticker of his handle and has put it on his car. We have so many members and I don't think it's easy to make custom stickers for even a 1000 folks forget the 2 other zeros you may want to add on it.

I for once don't bother about lights or honks. 95% of the time the car behind is flashing lights for the heck of it even in bumper to bumper traffic, you give way to acknowledge and they speed ahead. Turns out to be a non-member. Has happened too often.

Lots of cars in Delhi-NCR with stickers. I only bother with those I've seen in meets or those taking out their phones to click pictures. The rest I don't bother with. Lots of times my wave has gone ignored and I feel silly by the end of it.

My suggestion like a member has done previously get your custom made sticker with your handle and stick it where it's visible. I personally won't do it cause I get spotted maybe once every 2-3 months.

Why not just have a set of stickers which are exclusive to members only?
Old 17th September 2013, 09:01   #26569
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

What car? Grey ford figo with ltd and I drive safe stickers. MH 12 HZ XXXX ( I guess 1207)
Where? On the new flyover in warje.
When? 8.40am
I was on the service road on my bike going to college. Bhpian?
Old 17th September 2013, 10:49   #26570
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asit.kulkarni93 View Post
Saw a white vento with ltd sticker on the rear bumper with its angel eyes on in bavdhan at around 1.30pm. Noopster I guess ?
Acknowledged!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid1509 View Post
Spotting of a different kind. Yours truly's birthday today. Couple of my friends got me this cake..pic from our recently concluded Leh trip. True "Live to drive" mates. TeamBHP is awesome.

P.S.- mods, pls move/delete this post if inappropriate/does not belong to this thread.
Beautiful! Of course it belongs here

Spotted a white Swift generously stickered, LTD on rear bumper, URL sticker on hatch etc. at Santa Cruz SV Road yesterday evening. Honked and waved, made eye contact with the driver but not sure he registered the spotting. Young couple in the car. I was in a white Vento, Pune regd. Who this?
Old 17th September 2013, 11:28   #26571
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzone View Post
So your ride has got a twin.
when was it if you remember? I have never seen this in Mira Road.

Also, was anyone with a Brown Manza with MH02 CN registration visiting Akurli Industrial estate today morning? A LCLC sticker on the rear windsheild at around 10AM to noon.
it was on 1st Sept, around 13.00 hours. even you could have spotted it !
Old 17th September 2013, 11:38   #26572
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhilash95 View Post
Spotted a

Car :civic
Reg KA 46/41 xx1001
Date 23/03/13
Where : Padmanabhanagar near NU trust
With URL sticker but looks fake .
The car was in great shape with a chrome exhaust muffler and a K&N sticker .
That's my car.
Hmmm a late acknowledgement
Pic attached for reference.
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-dsc_0355.jpg
Old 17th September 2013, 11:41   #26573
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Got my stickers. I have put them on my bike and will put them on dad's car once he is here.
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-image3941765962.jpg  

Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-image223853784.jpg  

Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-image521834324.jpg  

Old 17th September 2013, 12:30   #26574
BHPian

What : Swift Dzire Deep Blue ( Previous Generation) with Got BHP on the bumper.
Where : sector 14 ,Gurgaon. Headed towards Bata Chowk.
Time : 45 mins ago.

Any takers?

Last edited by sinharishi : 17th September 2013 at 12:31.
Old 17th September 2013, 14:12   #26575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaurabhSaran View Post
What I feel is when we follow another
In most of the cases, till we move ahead of the car next to us the driver of car is completely unaware about the sticker on our car. I myself have experienced this.

There are solutions for this like kdp95 suggested to have a common protocol or Mods can come up with new sticker (like bright Yellow LTD one, may be 2"X2" or which looks good) which can be pasted on the front wind screen (preferably from inside) or we can put any of the existing sticker but what attention yellow will get I think other stickers will miss. It can be of similar size to the sticker which we usually put on our cars for our society/parking entry.

As this sticker can be seen in rear view mirror so the possibility of get acknowledgement from BHPian ahead will increase.

Like this:
Attachment 1139410

What others say about this?

-
SS
Yup, especially at night. I have mistaken people flashing their lights (at night on the ORR - Bangalore) to be team-b members. Then realise it is just another person.

If they come-up with a 2X2 sticker, would they sell that alone?
Old 17th September 2013, 15:08   #26576
BHPian

Car: Fiat Punto
When: 17th August
Where:Some road in Bengaluru
Time: Evening
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-teambhp_stickerspottingresized.jpg  

Last edited by pranxter : 17th September 2013 at 15:17. Reason: Image size was beyond limit!
Old 17th September 2013, 16:20   #26577
Senior - BHPian

Good afternoon team, saw these 3 cars on maharani bagh-dnd stretch while coming to noida just now. Only 1 acknowledgment that too by a non bhpian (beige getz).

thanks

AD
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-photo0291_001.jpg  

Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-photo0293.jpg  

Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-photo0294_001.jpg  

Old 17th September 2013, 17:17   #26578
BHPian

Spotted Badboyscad's Alto with 'Got BHP' sticker near ICICI Bank ATM Tambaram Sanatorium on Friday 13-Sep around 2.30pm.
Old 17th September 2013, 19:23   #26579
BHPian

Kollam:
Silver SX4 parked opposite to the speed camera at Paripally today around 1PM, had LCLC sticker in the rear bumper. Couldn't take a pic as I was driving and couldn't note the number too.
Any takers?
Old 17th September 2013, 19:59   #26580
SDP
Team-BHP Support

A unique sight: 5 stickered cars (in fact 6 including mine) one after another.

Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-dsc_0950.jpg

Clicked on Sunday 15th Sep when a few Mumbai BHPians were headed for Kaas.

Last edited by SDP : 17th September 2013 at 20:00.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks