Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2014, 13:16   #30331
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tons of non-members with Team-BHP stickers! Remedy?

Identical stickers are sold even in roadside auto sticker shops! People buy and stick them even without knowing what TBHP is! I have seen even cabs sporting them.

I say don't bother about it.
Old 10th August 2014, 13:17   #30332
Senior - BHPian

No amount of restrictions by Team-Bhp can help a sick-mind driver to stop showing his stupidity on roads and endangering lives of passengers and fellow motorists alike. Making a new set of stickers won't help in any ways even if they come with a hologram as there is an evil called "Photoshop".

I would also like to state that prior to coming up of our forum in February 2004, reckless driving was pretty much evident and accidents also happened at that time. So, the only way to overcome the grief, sadness and hurt (of seeing a tbhp sticker-ed car being driven in a reckless way) is to simply steer clear of their path.

I am re-quoting my post on responsible driving discussed at length by us:

Quote:
We as members of this respected and reputed community have been doing our bit to improve the driving and traffic scenario around us by driving within speed limits and following other traffic norms like seat belts and non-usage of mobiles. However, by implementing this initiative in our regular driving pattern we can surely stand out from the herds of inconsiderate drivers we come across daily.

Often there are instances of cars with tbhp stickers being driven in a bad way and causing problems for the traffic, (issue highlighted in tbhp spotting thread) so this issue can be addressed as well to a great extent by keeping in mind a responsible attitude towards fellow motorists and actually adhere to tbhp stickers tag-line i.e

We "LIVE TO DRIVE" patiently and shall remain calm. Also, proudly say "I DRIVE SAFE" when asked by an impatient motorist. With our patient and sensible driving skills on the roads we can make fellow motorists feel proud of us and show them how it's "DRIVEN BY TEAM BHP".

Lastly, We love cars so while driving we shall be more alert for it's safety.
Link: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...-avoid-19.html

Team Bhp and all it's members hold very close to me. Those who don't know the ethics, they can be taught about them in a decent manner. After all, TEAM BHP advocates safe driving!

Thanks.

Last edited by ad3952n : 10th August 2014 at 13:20. Reason: edit
Old 10th August 2014, 13:39   #30333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
If there is a separate sticker for members, won't that be copied as well?
Sure it will be, but I think providing a single common badge (rather expensive) for all the BHPians, something with a hologram can reduce the duplicating issue by a considerable margin. No just that, acknowledgements and sightings would be much more trouble-free in this case. What do you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Stuff like that happens - one just has to get used to it. Do realized that the team behind the scenes has only so much time - stickers aren't worth spending so much energy on IMHO.
You're right, but don't you think that stickers are one of the major means by which still a large number of new users come to know about this site? Should we leave such an issue unattended?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik View Post
Being a member on this forum just means that you are most probably passionate about automobiles. It doesn't mean that you are a safe driver/rider. The community cannot vouch for its thousands of members and I presume that the site won't be liable for your acts - sticker or no sticker.
Well its not about the community vouching for our acts buddy, its more like we BHPians acting (driving, to be precise) in a mature and responsible manner to uphold the community's reputation. You're right, being a member of this forum doesn't mean we're safe drivers, but once we are active members of this forum, aren't we supposed to become one?

Even the Team-BHP store page says

"You are representing the entire community by putting a Team-BHP sticker on your car.
PLEASE DRIVE RESPONSIBLY.
"

So IMHO it won't hurt to spend a little time and energy to find a proper solution for this issue rather than giving up so easily, right?
Old 10th August 2014, 14:15   #30334
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiGOD View Post
You're right, but don't you think that stickers are one of the major means by which still a large number of new users come to know about this site? Should we leave such an issue unattended?
Disagree.

A LOT of traffic (in my understanding) comes from search engines, social media sharing as well as word of mouth. Stickers would be sizeable but I'm not sure. The most popular stickers (LTD and got BHP - your exp could be different) don't have the team-bhp URL very visible. The pure URL sticker is actually the identification of a die-hard fan - very few folks put them.

regarding your question in bold (emphasis mine) - here's a counter perspective. if it was actually a big problem, it would have been solved by now. We have to place our faith in the wisdom of Rush and others helping him run TBHP as well as the mods, right? You can be rest assured that they have their finger on the pulse of such issues. That's my take.
Old 10th August 2014, 14:15   #30335
Senior - BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Dear Mods, With regards to the concerns highlighted by our member in context to unsafe driving by many non-members with tbhp stickers on their cars in his thread (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post3501906), I would like to put forward a humble suggestion,

1) Add a forum handle watermark on the present sticker set by using a tick box asking for forum handle when ticked. For older members I know it won't be easy but we can have a small radium sticker of our handle just like the one below:

Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-img_0640.jpg

2) Limit the choice of stickers for non-members to only URLs that we have. This can apply to even those non-members who "Like" our face-book page.

3) A caption can be put on the store page of our forum: "Team-Bhp does not use any other external media for it's stickers except for the registered one". It can be on similar lines of the caption "We do not have any branches"

I hope it shall help in addressing the issues of duplication of our stickers and further strengthen our reputation.

Thanks

Last edited by ad3952n : 10th August 2014 at 14:38. Reason: Point added.
Old 10th August 2014, 14:19   #30336
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
1) Add a forum handle watermark on the present sticker set by using a tick box asking for forum handle when ticked. For older members I know it won't be easy but we can have a small radium sticker of our handle just like the one below
Nice idea but difficult to implement and cumbersome now.

There would be changes needed to the software system also. Not impossible but needs some thought.

Anurag.
Old 10th August 2014, 14:25   #30337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Nice idea but difficult to implement and cumbersome now. There would be changes needed to the software system also. Not impossible but needs some thought.
Bhai when we can plan and get our forum migrated to a better server in a short span of time to improve our services then in comparison to that this does not look that big a task to me. The radium stickers can be done by the members themselves since it's not possible for GTO and team to re-do the same for the existing members. We may incur a small expense but in the long run it will be just for the love and respect of our forum.

As my philosophical self says "It's never too late to implement a good thing/ habit"

Thanks

Last edited by ad3952n : 10th August 2014 at 14:47.
Old 10th August 2014, 15:21   #30338
Distinguished - BHPian

I for one would not like my handle on the stickers.
For me, there is way too much information available under various threads and posts for somebody to dig up.
Instance, someone may have a road rage incident with me, and in a bit he can find out my registration, my other cars, my commute, what not.
Old 10th August 2014, 15:50   #30339
BHPian

I had just seen a cab driver ( etios ) with team-bhp stickers here in blore. To post the same I logged in and found this thread. It's a bit annoying to find stickers on cabs.
Old 10th August 2014, 15:54   #30340
BHPian

I am one of the rare team-bhpian's whose car doesnot carry a team-bhp sticker on it.

Reason- I feel still I am not fit to follow all the rules and practices a team-bhpian should follow. And If I am not fit for it I should not bring any bad name to this community.

Although I always try to drive safe and try to follow traffic rules wherever I can, but there are some very rare instances where I was forced to not follow traffic rules by some bullying vehicle.

One more reason I do not put team-bhp stickers is that I assume all cars which carry those stickers should be clean and in immaculate condition.
I do maintain the internals and mechanicals of my car very seriously but I am lazy to wash it every day/week and sometimes I do drive a not so clean car.
I am lazy.

One of my friend who is neither a team-bhpian nor a avid team-bhp follower asked me to get a set of team-bhp stickers for him.

Off-course I politely denied his request. He was not happy with me. I told him to earn it.
Old 10th August 2014, 15:56   #30341
BHPian

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Agreed. Having the ID displayed may not be acceptable to many for privacy reasons.

When people put up snaps of other cars with the tag "rash driving", I often wonder, what if the guy clicking had been involved in a road rage or a race with him? Imagine the fellow who is being victimized having his ID displayed too.

Now coming to 'How do you spot bad drivers' thread, There are situations sometimes that some rash driver has irritated you enough with tailgating and instigating that you just lose it and drive off frustrated to get away from the sickness. Safer bet is to not get instigated I agree but we are humans and there is a limit to tolerance. So finally when the guy does a drastic maneuver to end the situation or get out of it, what if the culprit (or say anyone for that matter) clicks the victim and shows the world stating something of his choice putting the blame on him. You can't help it right. I'm just saying, there is a probability and it could be happening so that innocent people including BHPians could be getting victimized in that thread. Same time I do see a lot of deserving candidates for that thread displaying their reckless talents on the road but while driving you don't get the opportunity to click so fast. Guys with car DVRs can get them taped though.
Old 10th August 2014, 15:58   #30342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarendranath View Post
I had just seen a cab driver ( etios ) with team-bhp stickers here in blore. It's a bit annoying to find stickers on cabs.
Amarendra, I feel, to show one's enthusiasm about an automotive entity or any good thing for that matter is not wrong. However, the worst part is that when those "enthusiasts" do not believe in the actual spirit of the team-bhp sticker and drive in a wrong way. Thus, creating unpleasantness for the other motorists and for the entity too.

Thanks
Old 10th August 2014, 16:52   #30343
BHPian

re: Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car

My spottings:

1. Grey Toyota Etios with yellow board, KA 03 AB 242 towards St Joseph Signal (Residency Road junction) on Friday (8 Aug) around 9PM. Driven by a cab driver so might not be a BHPian. Had LTD sticker on the left rear.

2. Red Ford Figo, KA 03 MP 7713 with LTD sticker at around 5:15PM in the BTM Lake Road yesterday (9 Aug). Was just behind you. Anyone?
Old 10th August 2014, 19:05   #30344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarendranath View Post
I had just seen a cab driver ( etios ) with team-bhp stickers here in blore. To post the same I logged in and found this thread. It's a bit annoying to find stickers on cabs.
How can you be so sure that the cab owner/driver is not a TBHPian? There are a lot of cab drivers who drive their own cabs, are reasonably well educated and have passion for the cars just like us. At least in Kerala, there are many such cab drivers. We don't have any restriction that we will not give membership to someone who is a cab driver.

For instance, the driver of the cab I took a few months back to Trivandrum airport (Indigo) was mentioning about how his iPad got stolen from the check-in baggage when he was returning from middle-east when we were speaking about the international terminal. I wouldn't be totally surprised if he might be reading this post.
Old 10th August 2014, 19:41   #30345
Team-BHP Support

My qualities as a road user and respect for the ones I share it with, define my character as a 'driver'. The stickers are a symbol of my pride in this forum and what it stands for, not my tag of 'exclusivity'. I know at least one cab driver who is a budding entrepreneur in the transport business, drives one of his own cabs because it makes him extra money to invest in his business, and is well-educated (had a diploma in an automobile-related stream the last we spoke).

It doesn't matter who you are an what stickers your ride has. It's how you behave behind the wheel that defines whether you deserve the 'T-BHPian' badge.

Most Viewed