Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2014, 22:49   #30346
Senior - BHPian

re: Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car

Spotted 'Superutp' near Doddenekundi signal, Outer ring road. Acknowledged with a flash of headlamps and a thumbs up!
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-img20140810wa0004.jpg
Photo taken by my wife.
Old 11th August 2014, 08:38   #30347
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tons of non-members with Team-BHP stickers! Remedy?

It is a known fact that selling T-BHP stickers is one of the means of income to run the forum and by no means that can be stopped unless we have some kind of crowdfunding means. True the sticker represent the realtionship to the forum and in a way solemnizing the outlook towards traffic and following rules. If there are representations of rash driving by vehicles sporting T-BHP stickers then I would suggest Mods to relook at the situation and come with a strong fool proof means of selling the stickers

One option is to print the handle names when registered members buy them & for others it can be the usual sticker set. Also some kind of disclaimer needs to be accepted by all buyers to protect T-BHP's reputation.
Old 11th August 2014, 08:53   #30348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
If there are representations of rash driving by vehicles sporting T-BHP stickers then I would suggest Mods to relook at the situation and come with a strong fool proof means of selling the stickers.
That's exactly what I'm talking about. Stopping the 'guest sales' completely won't do any good, not only because it'll affect the income but also due to the fact that so many of the sticker sets are out already and the damage has been done. So my opinion too is to provide separate sticker/badge for the registered members and the current sticker set for guests.
Old 11th August 2014, 09:37   #30349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiGOD View Post
That's exactly what I'm talking about. Stopping the 'guest sales' completely won't do any good, not only because it'll affect the income but also due to the fact that so many of the sticker sets are out already and the damage has been done. So my opinion too is to provide separate sticker/badge for the registered members and the current sticker set for guests.
It would be just a matter of time before the new sticker set is duplicated at a roadside DTP shop and pasted on the non-member cars. Same applies with badges too. If they are good enough to be worth sticking on your car, it is highly likely that they would get duplicated too, with a non-existent id or even worse - with an ID that belongs to someone else.

In case a scenario of fake badges occur, I guess GTO might top the list having 100s of cars bearing his handle running on the road.

I would say just leave it as it is, since anything we do will be duplicated in a few months, unless it is not so eye-catchy to be worth duplicating in which case even the members might not put it.
Old 11th August 2014, 10:28   #30350
Senior - BHPian

Tbhp is a tribe, a tribe of people who love cars, bikes and other modes of transport. As per the theory of "diffusion of innovation"

Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-diffusionofinnovationadoptioncurve.jpg

there will be early adopters, like many people who joined tbhp in early days and then the early majority like most who joined in the last 5-6 years, it’s at this stage when the stickers were created to identify the tribe from other commoners, these stickers attracted more commoners to this tribe and due to excellent moderation, an outburst of members was controlled (enough of history lessons for now)

Regarding the stickers, If you don’t sell them the stickers they will make them and they will keep on adding them on their vehicles so that the power delivery and performance of their vehicles improve by 5-10 BHP( now who doesn’t want that just by adding couple of stickers for a $)

Hooligans, with stickers or without stickers are hooligans, period! moral responsibilities of keeping the roads strictly for sane and considerate driving lies within each of us, whether a bhpian or not, having said that I have seen good old bhpians posting videos of their hill runs and extremely rash driving in busy roads on other social media sites, to be honest each one has done some wrong at some point of time even when we knew it was illegal and might inconvenience other, and a discussion to rant about this is going to increase anger against stickered vehicles and in some cases hate crimes. I have seen people drive like maniacs just to show the stickers on their cars and exchange a

This discussion is not going to do any good and will promote moral policing and vigilante justice. Let’s ensure we all stay away from risking others while clicking images for this thread.

Pramod

Last edited by pramodkumar : 11th August 2014 at 10:30.
Old 11th August 2014, 10:34   #30351
Senior - BHPian

Pune spottings:

1. Ford Figo, Silver - MH06 registered, LTD sticker. In Millennium school parking lot Karve nagar. Saturday morning around 10 am

2. Mahindra Scorpio, White - MH12 JZ xxxx. At Dahanukar colony signal heading towards Warje. Saturday night around 9pm

3. Mahindra XUV - MH14 xx 3999. Parked on FC road today around 815 am

Who are you?
Old 11th August 2014, 10:39   #30352
Senior - BHPian

Why not think of introducing a specific "Member - Team Bhp" sticker exclusively for members and the present stickers can continue to be available for individuals, who prefer to buy and sport them in their rides.
Old 11th August 2014, 11:07   #30353
BHPian

Nice topic. I had taken the stickers months before I got membership. Normally I don't put any stickers on my car. I have only one sticker now on the back of my car and that says "I drive safe". Just acts as a reminder to the people who are behind me, when they try to put the traffic rules to thin air. The message is there to let them know that safety is a primary subject on the road. We cannot stop people from using these stickers .Even they counterfeit the stickers. At the same time these stickers acts as identifiers in case of an emergency. I definitely give priority to people with TBHP stickers on their car.I support a separate "Member Team BHP " sticker for identification . This need to be done in such a way that it is identifiable to keen observers .We have to keep it in mind that its not flashy .
Old 11th August 2014, 11:34   #30354
Senior - BHPian

Having gone through the entire thread, and seen the kind of drivers who put these stickers on and masquerade as TBHPians on the road , I would agree with the posts that say :
1) Registered members to get a different kind of sticker.
2) Make such stickers available to those who want to buy with with some sort of differentiating feature that's not easy to reproduce.

The technology is available to make this happen, and yes it will cost more money - but at least there will always be something distinctive about this.

I also feel the primary purpose of the TBHP sticker is to help random TBHPians connect in real-life outside the forum. What a joy it is, to suddenly come up with yet another friend who shares your interests!

I was thinking of the following option:
1) Give registered members a sticker - that also carries their handle. Too often I have come across non-TBHPians in and around the city, sporting a sticker, and when one walks up to them to ask their handle - they look at you as if you are talking latin and greek. Having the sticker personalized for each registered member - will also make it very difficult for accessory shops to get these mass printed. Even if they do , invariably it will be with the one or two common handle names - and anyone who spots these will know - it's just a fake.

2) Maybe the sticker can carry a hologram, or even a QR code that contains the contact details of the member/emergency contact. Useful in emergencies - as one can scan the code to figure out the details - and connect with near and dear ones. And the contact details are anyway there , for one to connect with the member in case the person is out doing some shopping , while the car is parked.

Of course, I don't know how much it will cost - and whether there will be many takers - but just a thought for everyone's considerations.
Old 11th August 2014, 11:48   #30355
BHPian

Last Saturday after the mass at Infant Jesus church Bikarnakatta
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-photo0583.jpg  

Old 11th August 2014, 11:55   #30356
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik View Post
On a recent drive I was terrorized by a very aggressive Innova with the team-bhp stickers. The thing is, what is the guarantee that the guy wasn't a team-bhpian himself. -------

Being a member on this forum just means that you are most probably passionate about automobiles. It doesn't mean that you are a safe driver/rider. The community cannot vouch for its thousands of members and I presume that the site won't be liable for your acts - sticker or no sticker.
Its upto each and every individual to learn from the treasure trove of information on the site and become better drivers/riders.
These lines reflect my thoughts exactly. And TBHPian or not, to drive safe is the only right way of doing it.

We surely cannot construe that all TBHPians are safe drivers and all those who are not TBHPians, are unsafe drivers. And IMO, we should stop worrying too much about stickers as there is no feasible way to keep them confined to BHPian's cars. They can always be distributed to your friends & family who may or may not be that responsible on roads.
Old 11th August 2014, 12:10   #30357
BHPian

Maybe we should have a separate sticker for members available in the forum area or it should be made available to us only if we log in using our forum ID in the store! Something like a medium sized windscreen sticker will be perfect.
Old 11th August 2014, 12:29   #30358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiGOD View Post
Even the Team-BHP store page says

"You are representing the entire community by putting a Team-BHP sticker on your car.
PLEASE DRIVE RESPONSIBLY.
"

IMO, Since most of the Non members may not be going through the page i believe this line should also be printed in Small letters at the bottom of each sticker to make people aware the theme behind these stickers.

ofcourse copiers also will start keeping this line.
Old 11th August 2014, 12:40   #30359
BHPian

We all are followers of a forum, which stands by some rules, regulation & responsibility towards the traffic conditions & practices these days.
Though a driver driving like a headless chicken, with a forum's sticker on it can be either a non-member, may be in a grate hurry. May be lose motions & does not wants to spoil his car . STOP anticipating any response from him/her. HE can be a part of "accidents in India" thread someday.

However, if you see a stickered vehicle (and for that matter non-stickered) following all rules & regulation of the road: BINGO purpose solved. After all road safety/attiquettes is what intended to be shown, specially from members of this forum.

WE still cannot control fakes/NOn-members using the T-BHP stickers. It pains to see a headleass chicken on the raod with Forum's stickers on it.

FYI, I purchased two sets at least a year ago, both were still in the cup-board unused & I have no expalination for that, untill yesterday. One set came out & is now flashing proudly on both my cars.

Regards,
Saurabh
Old 11th August 2014, 12:43   #30360
BHPian

Hyderabad Spotting

What: White Verna KA 53 MB 1595 with a LTD sticker
When: 10-Aug-2014 around 6:30 PM
Where: Near Minister Road Junction in S P Road going towards Paradise
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-img_20140810_175610.jpg  

Most Viewed