Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2011, 17:13   #11941
BHPian

re: Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauji View Post
hi Alok,

No sir. The point to note here is he was behind me and had seen my Scoprio which has LTD and IDS stickers boldly on the rear side. I would have loved if he had waved or stopped over to say "Hi" since he saw the stickers first. It was not possible on that day to overtake on this road as the there was huge jam on Outer ring road and traffic had spilled over to this road which is generally empty. There was no ego clash here but just the car could not cope up.

When i saw him crossing me and i saw the sticker, i caught up with him when the road widens for a small distance of 500 meteres but he was not bothered. I am not sure whether there was any genuine reason as he overtook me over the hump. i could see him enjoying the song and driving.
Sure, point well taken. Could be this scenario too.. we never know. However, I find a couple of contradictions - heavy traffic viz a viz the car not being able to cope up. But I guess its best to leave them alone and give both gentlemen the benefit of doubt

Having said that, following holds true while out there -
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSriva View Post
Irrespective of the fact whether he was a member or not, if someone is trying to overtake, he might or might not have a genuine reason to do so. Nonetheless, its always a good idea to give way presuming s/he has an emergency to attend - always better to err on the side of caution.
EDIT - on second thoughts, a person jumping speed breakers outside a school might not be that gentle

Last edited by AlokSriva : 19th August 2011 at 17:16.
Old 19th August 2011, 21:37   #11942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauji View Post
Same old story
Story No 1 - I leave office on ORR around 5 PM on Wednesday.
Saw you around 1:40pm today on ORR, and you were closely following @shishir_bn ... not sure if you guys met. I was on opposite lane, first saw him pass by, and then you within a span of less than a minute.
Old 19th August 2011, 22:07   #11943
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kousik View Post
Saw you around 1:40pm today on ORR, and you were closely following @shishir_bn ... not sure if you guys met. I was on opposite lane, first saw him pass by, and then you within a span of less than a minute.
Hi Kousik,

Yeah, we were going to Biryani Zone for lunch with team. Sorry i did not notice Shishir. Let us catch up for a coffee in the office aftre long weekend
Old 19th August 2011, 22:55   #11944
Senior - BHPian

h4wk attack!!

yesterday

heading out to work; spotted coomarg (i think)
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-_mg_1151.jpg

leaf green Santro in our company's EC2 parking. the brown and black LCLC cut up!
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-img_20110818_153953.jpg

M800 with the carbon fibre Driven By just before NIMHANS
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-_mg_1165.jpg

Xryder!
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-_mg_1166.jpg
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-_mg_1168.jpg

today

spotted this red A-Star on the OMR and was in front of or behind me till the Domlur flyover. then lost him in the crowd.

Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-_mg_1191.jpg
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-_mg_1193.jpg
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-_mg_1194.jpg
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-_mg_1195.jpg

saw this white Scorpio entering the lane where Trident Hyundai is (opposite Dell). i followed you in, but stopped at Trident.
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-_mg_1197.jpg
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-_mg_1196.jpg

noticed this i20 after it passed me on the IRR, before the Ejipura signal. if you were trying to butt into my lane to show your sticker, i forgive you your trespass (trying to get yourself acknowledged can get the better of you); but if it was a blatant attempt at getting ahead - believe you me, next time around it will not be a pleasant experience.
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-_mg_1202.jpg

coming back home (and down the Silkboard flyover), saw this white Swift join the Hosur road from the side lane. it had a LTD on its hatch. the picture got shaky as i hit a bump when i clicked.
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-_mg_1232.jpg
btw, how did you get that big dent on your bumper?

Last edited by IronH4WK : 19th August 2011 at 22:59.
IronH4WK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2011, 12:41   #11945
BHPian

Spotted a white Tata Manza early morning today on the NH45 between Chennai - Tinidivanam. You passed me twice and flashed on both occasions! i did too!
I was in my Red Chevy Beat
It was great spotting you !!!

Sorry for the extremely poor pic that i managed to click
who are you bhpian? Awesome driving i must say!

EDIT: You had LTD on the left side of your rear bumper!
Reg No? TN 07 / 01 / 22 ?! Not sure!
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-img2011082000307.jpg  

Last edited by Auto freak : 20th August 2011 at 12:46.
Old 20th August 2011, 13:37   #11946
BHPian

Spotted the following cars:

RED i10 KA 01 XX 4816 with I drive safe sticker yesterday in Narayana Hrudayalaya.

All new white verna KL 07 xx 4431 parked at Bangalore central on 14th August.

Black alto KA 03 xx 834 with "love cars live cars" parked at Bangalore central on 15th august.
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-i10.jpg  

Old 20th August 2011, 16:48   #11947
BHPian

Spotted:
White Swift 7587
LTD sticker on hatch
On Comm street at around 4:15 today

You were trying some tricky parking maneuver in front of one of the shops. I gave you a couple of short honks, but by then a lot of people were honking, so I guess you couldn't have noticed..

Who are you, BHP'ian?

Cheers,
R_S
Old 20th August 2011, 18:22   #11948
Senior - BHPian

I followed a black Fortuner with number 'KA 51 MA xxxx' from Dommasandra till it took a left at Kodathi village on Sarjapur road. It had 'got bhp?' on the right of rear bumper.
I also saw a goldy-bronzy coloured KA04 old City parked at Doddakannelli, with 'got bhp?' on the left of rear bumper.
Old 20th August 2011, 19:35   #11949
BHPian

Spotted in the Parking Lot of My Home Jewel, Madinaguda, near Chandanagar, near Miyapur, Hyderabad on 20-Aug-2011 at 14:38 :

Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-20110820_1438.jpg

Who is this BhPian?
Old 20th August 2011, 20:06   #11950
BHPian

Finally after 5 months of lookout for a bhpian in NFH (Nitesh Forest Hills) today i Spotted one Red coloured Hyundai i10 with LCLC on rear bumper LHS with plate number KA-51-P-X771. Not yet sure whether a real bhpian or the stickers being bought it from USA

Who are you Bhpian ?

Are you staying in NFH ?
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-i10.jpg  

Old 20th August 2011, 21:45   #11951
BHPian

Saw this red swift with LTD sticker in the EA mall basement parking.

Who are you Bhpian?
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-20082011950.jpg  

vishnu.csk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2011, 22:18   #11952
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
I followed a black Fortuner with number 'KA 51 MA xxxx' from Dommasandra till it took a left at Kodathi village on Sarjapur road. It had 'got bhp?' on the right of rear bumper.
That was me Rohan :-)

Around 5 pm today, I followed a silver I10 with TBHP stickers on Sarjapur Road before overtaking (after Decathlon) and waving. The waving was to acknowledge a fellow BHPian...my wife said that she has seen the same vehicle earlier...probably someone who lives close by.

PS: I was forced to overtake from the left since we were in a hurry, and I had flashed my lights a few times with no response. Perhaps you didn't notice....
Old 20th August 2011, 22:27   #11953
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
That was me Rohan :-)

Around 5 pm today, I followed a silver I10 with TBHP stickers on Sarjapur Road before overtaking (after Decathlon) and waving. The waving was to acknowledge a fellow BHPian...my wife said that she has seen the same vehicle earlier...probably someone who lives close by.
Cool!
Do you live nearby?
And do you remember the number of that i10? I have been driving on that stretch daily for almost 3 years, but have not noticed it..
Old 20th August 2011, 22:36   #11954
Senior - BHPian

I live near the Wipro office. Don't remember the number...I think there was a couple sitting in front. And I think the guy was too busy talking to the gal to notice - which is understandable.
Old 20th August 2011, 23:02   #11955
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

3 sightings....one of them today. Who are you folks ?
1. Bagmane Tech Park open parking outside Bagmane Parin building on 9 Aug around 10:40am. Silver Coloured Alto with I Drive safe and TBHP url stickers on rear windshield, LTD on rear bumper. Registration KA 05 MG xxxx
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-btp-9-aug-1.jpg

2. Bagmane Tech Park MLC parking on 9 Aug around 10:50am. Red coloured Indica Vista with DBTBHP sticker on rear windshield and LTD on hatch door. Registration TN 22 BW xxxx. Who are you mate ? We may be colleagues
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-btp-9-aug-2.jpg

3. Red Coloured Swift parked near the small park in New Thippasandra on 20 Aug around 7.15 pm with LTD sticker on rear windshield. Registration KA 03 MH xxxx
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-new-thippasandra-20-aug.jpg

Most Viewed