Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2011, 14:44   #12001
Senior - BHPian

re: Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Spotted a black scorpio @ Udupi garden signal (BP) gas station yesterday night around 11PM. You filled diesel and drove towards jayadeva flyover. It had LTD and transparent sticker on rear.
And that was me (I was running on almost empty tank yesterday from Marathahalli and strangely not a single pump was open till I reach Advaith Bunk at Udupi Garden). Thanks for spotting, got spotted after a very long time.
Old 23rd August 2011, 15:17   #12002
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinboy View Post
Ya!! My wife helps me to spot TBHP cars too. But she says " why you men act like boys spotting stickers on cars?? did you not do that way back in school? !!!

My wife too now a days helping me out to spot Team-bhp cars. She is like stop stop.. take a pic
Old 23rd August 2011, 15:37   #12003
Senior - BHPian

My LTD sticker was stolen off the rear bumper of my swift so this time I decided that I'd rather put in on the rear windscreen, but from inside the glass (hopefully no one breaks the glass to get it this time).

I wanted some pointers on what would be the best method to paste the sticker, using the regular transparent tape or something else?
Old 23rd August 2011, 15:45   #12004
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
My LTD sticker was stolen off the rear bumper of my swift so this time I decided that I'd rather put in on the rear windscreen, but from inside the glass (hopefully no one breaks the glass to get it this time).

I wanted some pointers on what would be the best method to paste the sticker, using the regular transparent tape or something else?

there is something along the lines of clear double sided tape.
only hiccup may be that you would(not sure) have to order it from outside india, hence the wait.
you could look for it on ebay.
Old 23rd August 2011, 15:53   #12005
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
there is something along the lines of clear double sided tape.
only hiccup may be that you would(not sure) have to order it from outside india, hence the wait.
you could look for it on ebay.
Its not available on ebay.in at least, but one of my colleagues said that its available in some big stationary shops. However, its not really that clear/transparent and one can easily make out if a tape's been used. I'll still try it though, thanks for the info.

What's the world come to, I'm trying to figure out how to save a sticker from being ripped off my car again
Old 23rd August 2011, 15:55   #12006
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
And that was me (I was running on almost empty tank yesterday from Marathahalli and strangely not a single pump was open till I reach Advaith Bunk at Udupi Garden). Thanks for spotting, got spotted after a very long time.
Same here, my spark's low fuel warning started glowing on my way back from office (blame Shell - Bommanahalli outlet is closed for renovation). Second choice was IOC COCO outlet near Jayadeva flyover. Drove to this outlet around 11 and found it was closed; took a U-turn at jayadeva and came to BP, that is when I saw your Scorpio filling @ 3rd machine, I was @ 1st machine. After filling you moved and waited for green signal to join main road from gas station.

Last edited by Latheesh : 23rd August 2011 at 15:57.
Old 23rd August 2011, 16:27   #12007
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Same here, my spark's low fuel warning started glowing on my way back from office (blame Shell - Bommanahalli outlet is closed for renovation). Second choice was IOC COCO outlet near Jayadeva flyover. Drove to this outlet around 11 and found it was closed; took a U-turn at jayadeva and came to BP, that is when I saw your Scorpio filling @ 3rd machine, I was @ 1st machine. After filling you moved and waited for green signal to join main road from gas station.
You could've signaled me, would've been nice to meet a fellow TBHPian. And I also went to the IOC COCO and when I saw that it was closed took a U-turn at Jayadeva to come to this bunk. Dunno why all the bunks in Bangalore shuts down even before 11pm.
Old 23rd August 2011, 16:33   #12008
Distinguished - BHPian

recent spottings

Spotted these two cars recently - in the last one week

The Ikon at SonyWorld signal, opp Croma/Spar
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-atsonyworld.jpg

The Cruze was in JP nagar I think
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-injpngr.jpg
Old 23rd August 2011, 16:50   #12009
Senior - BHPian

spotted on August 20th near Shobha bazar, Kamanahalli:
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-_mg_1246.jpg

Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-_mg_1247.jpg

spotted this morning on the BETL:
Name:  _MG_1485.JPG
Views: 638
Size:  72.7 KB

Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-_mg_1486.jpg

i'm sure you had a good reason for speeding
Old 23rd August 2011, 16:51   #12010
BHPian

Saw this red Tata Nano on Mysore road under the flyover today (23-08-11) at 1.15PM. I was able to say hello to him and I think he was in a hurry. I came to know that he is a member and his id is Gunss666.
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-tbhp5.jpg  

Old 23rd August 2011, 17:29   #12011
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
You could've signaled me
I dont do that as I am not sure who is inside; especially in Bangalore where 99% TBHP stickered vehicles belongs to non-BHPians. But next time I see you will knock your window for sure.

I used to go and speak to the drivers of TBHP stickered vehicles in the past and 99% of the time it turned out to be non-TBHPian. Some of the reactions were funny/horrible/upseting.

Once I knocked passenger side window of Zen, smiled and asked the driver about TBHP. His reaction was as if I made some indecent proposal

@CONDOR - That Cruze was spotted multiple times by many BHPians including me. I do not think it belongs to a BHPian

Last edited by Latheesh : 23rd August 2011 at 17:48.
Old 23rd August 2011, 17:42   #12012
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
What's the world come to, I'm trying to figure out how to save a sticker from being ripped off my car again
It is for the very same reason I stuck the stickers on my car on the inner side of the rear glass.

Here people have a tendency to scratch at stickers. I was sure the stickers wouldn't have lasted a day on the streets if I had stuck it on the bumper or hatch door.
Here is how it looks.I stuck it using small strips of cello tape. Not really elegant, but does the job. If it hadn't been for the defogger lines, you won't even come to know that it has been stuck from the inside:

Last edited by skanchan95 : 23rd August 2011 at 17:45.
Old 23rd August 2011, 17:57   #12013
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
I stuck it using small strips of cello tape. Not really elegant, but does the job.
Which is what was bothering me Anyways, my sister suggested there is this invisble tape also, looks whitish but once pasted, looks better than cello tape, lets see if I'm able to get good results with it. Shall try it in a day or two and would post pics, thanks.
Old 23rd August 2011, 18:15   #12014
LNK
BHPian

^ Please be careful if you have any sun film installed.
Old 23rd August 2011, 20:58   #12015
Senior - BHPian

^^^ won't this affect the rear defogger?

Most Viewed