Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2011, 14:10   #13306
Senior - BHPian

re: Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
You can select a place in your car where ever you want to stick.Wipe it out nicely. Then spray some detergent liquid like Colin or brite etc. Once you did that peel out the safety paper on the sticking side and put it on the wet detergent area. After that align it and catch it one side and rub it over with a scale or a plastic and take out the liquid in between the sticker and the surface. Now it is done
This is an awesome idea to paste the sticker exactly where one wants it.

However, doesn't the adhesion strength of the sticker get affected by this? Have you tried this personally?
Old 27th October 2011, 15:41   #13307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
However, doesn't the adhesion strength of the sticker get affected by this? Have you tried this personally?
I did it twice once team BHP sticker and the second the graphics of the left side of the car after accident. I did not use a scale or plastic but use the class cleaning external wiper as shown in the picture. I used it because the rubbing or pressing surface is flexible and smooth. There is no effect on the adhesive on the wet surface and I did not feel the problem with the graphic sticker as well as team bhp sticker.
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-img_0543.jpg  

Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-img_0544.jpg  

Old 27th October 2011, 16:05   #13308
BHPian

Spotted this silver swift in indranagar yesterday evening.
Registration was MH-xx-FU-xxxx. Had the LTD sticker.

Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-image0989.jpg

Also spotted this black Ikon in mysore near DC office today noon.

Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-image0991.jpg

Who are you?
Old 27th October 2011, 18:46   #13309
Senior - BHPian

Is this how we spot?

Shocking incident happened today when I was returning from office.

Just after crossing the Ambience mall toll at Gurgaon towards Delhi I see a flashing of beams 2-3 cars behind me and see a Maroon Santro closing in fast on my IRVM flashing headlights like crazy. Now I was in the third lane from right on this 4-lane highway and had cars on both the sides.

The driver of this santro continues to flash headlights tailgating me closely at a speed of about 60-70 kmph. I brake a little suddenly (drive-brake-drive procedure within 0.5 seconds) and then continue driving to educate this guy my way on how dangerous tailgating is. But he isn't one who's gonna take it lying down. This guy looking angry as ever in the IRVM sweves hard to the left most lane (you know the 5th lane which is not even a lane) and obviously wants to get ahead of me.

I'm still in third lane and while he tries to catch up I accelerate further in my own lane to tell him that he hasn't got an AMG. Within moments I'm decently ahead of this guy but having experienced my share of road rage in Delhi I'm back at 60-70 kmph not wanting to take it any further.

Now comes the best part, this guy is again catching up on me and I'm almost certain that he's gonna cut me and brake just ahead of me. So I strategically place myself on the third lane behind an SX4 (in the 2nd lane) so that when he cuts me I just move to the 2nd lane.

Not disappointing me any further he overtakes me from left and then cuts me while braking but as anticipated I just move to the 2nd lane and this guy cannot go any beyond because of the SX4 just ahead of me in the 2nd lane.

I give the guy a chance to heal his crushed ego so that we both go our separate ways but not before I see this DL registered Maroon Santro (5408 was the reg no. if I'm not wrong) sporting an LTD sticker on the rear windscreen.

Now this gets me thinking. Its rare in Delhi that a non-bhpian would sport an LTD sticker so was this guy trying to say hello on the expressway by tailgating me dangerously? But if he is a bhpian then how does one explain what all happened afterwards?

Dude with Maroon Santro, if you are reading this please think about your actions on the road today, it was dangerous and simple plain stupid.

Please do not jeopardize yours and others safety on the road with the kind of heroics that you performed today. If you were indeed trying to spot a fellow bhpian then please think of another way rather than tailgating them like you did today.

I'm sorry if my sudden braking procedure upset you (I'm not proud of it but sometimes people tailgating me, like you were, just gets on my nerves) but everything that followed after was just not bhpian style.

Hope you reached home safely as I did see you going zig-zag all over the expressway after our encounter.

EDIT: Posting the braveheart's pic below

Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-image000.jpg

Last edited by fine69 : 27th October 2011 at 18:47.
Old 27th October 2011, 19:14   #13310
Senior - BHPian

I'm convinced that some of these guys actually believe that the T-bhp stickers actually add on 15-20 bhp & a whole lot of additional stability to their machines

I'd really be interested in hearing what Braveheart has to say, not that I'm expecting him to pop up on this thread . I just hate this way of driving!
Old 27th October 2011, 19:27   #13311
BHPian

Today I Saw a Black Fiat Linea with Dark Filming all over on the cement stretch of the Mumbai-Pune Highway.

Spotted it first near the Nigdi area and followed it all the way till the Pimpri Finolex Chowk where it took a U-turn. Was with my friend on his bike when it overtook us.

The first thing I saw was a K and N air-Filter Decal.and Immediately I saw the team-BHP.com sticker on the rear Number plate. Its only sticker.

I asked my friend to ride fast and follow it. The car was quite ahead already. Took this quick on-the-move pic with my Nokia.

the Car regd. was MH-14-BR-8855

(*tried peeping inside but couldnt see due to the dark filming. Moreover both of us were almost at 90kmph following you!*)

Who are you PCMC registered BHP-ian??
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-27102011317-large.jpg  

Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-27102011318-large.jpg  

Old 27th October 2011, 19:29   #13312
BHPian

Hello

I have just noticed a Santro with the Team BHP sticker in hyderabad.
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-teambhpsticker.jpg  

Old 27th October 2011, 19:45   #13313
BHPian

Uh, This is off-topic for sure. But since I have been tracking this thread and posting pics her I would like to share this with people who are regular here.
Mods may move if required!

Spotted this kid jumping on the roof of this car, somebody's Swift, just below my balcony..! Couldn't resist clicking a pic of the same. Shouted at him. Had to. He ran away!!
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-img_4393-large.jpg  

Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-img_4394-large.jpg  

Old 27th October 2011, 22:18   #13314
Senior - BHPian

Oh my God!! The car has already taken the brunt of that kid's stupidity. You can see bumps of the roof (top left, over driver's seat) and the antenna also seems to be missing.
Old 28th October 2011, 01:22   #13315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalyst_delhi View Post
Seen more than 4 cars at Green boulavard at noida sector 62 . Waiting for my stickers so that I can flaunt TEAM BHP too.
BY any chance have you seen a blue Beat? IF yes, that's me. My office is there.
Old 28th October 2011, 01:53   #13316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Oh my God!! The car has already taken the brunt of that kid's stupidity. You can see bumps of the roof (top left, over driver's seat) and the antenna also seems to be missing.
Aree yaar! What should I say about this legendary boy. He is a tyrant. He has done this many times before and everytime i yell at him from my Second floor Flat. And sadly it has always been that Poor Swift that has been a victim to his treacherous and lethal attacks.

He Once even locked my house from outside. Imagine! Rings the bell and runs away... And What not!

Once i saw him stand on the safety railing of his first floor Flat balcony! As usual I Yelled at him! Fellow is Hardly around 4 yrs old. Now a days when he passes in front of my main door and notices me he gives me that innocent look, rings my bell and runs away!

Good thing he doesnt know my car..
Old 28th October 2011, 02:58   #13317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowaby View Post
Aree yaar! What should I say about this legendary boy. He is a tyrant. He has done this many times before and everytime i yell at him from my Second floor Flat. And sadly it has always been that Poor Swift that has been a victim to his treacherous and lethal attacks.
I hope it's his dad's Swift and not someone else's. I absolutely hate when anyone touches my car (be it a kid or adult) and I'm sure that many here feels the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowaby View Post
He Once even locked my house from outside. Imagine! Rings the bell and runs away... And What not!

Once i saw him stand on the safety railing of his first floor Flat balcony! As usual I Yelled at him! Fellow is Hardly around 4 yrs old. Now a days when he passes in front of my main door and notices me he gives me that innocent look, rings my bell and runs away!
He he that is funny though . That's harmless fun ( I mean ringing the bell), and it's ok I guess. We all did similar when we were kid I guess. But at the same time kids should also realize what is harmless and what is not and that's basically the job of their parents. Parents should teach the kids to respect others and other people's property and not to violate them. They definitely can understand if taught correctly.
Anyway, we are going wayyy off-topic here. May be these posts can be moved to some other proper thread.
Old 28th October 2011, 09:27   #13318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raviacc2825 View Post
BY any chance have you seen a blue Beat? IF yes, that's me. My office is there.
yes i have seen the blue beat near the transport bay lg parking sometimes. i am in acn btw.
Old 28th October 2011, 09:40   #13319
Senior - BHPian

Saw a grey Indica V2 Dlx yesterday while getting out of EGL Campus, wore good looking alloys, could not click a pick. I did flick the lights but i guess the guy did not notice.

Do we have any signal mechanism like flashing 4 times continous.
Old 28th October 2011, 09:56   #13320
Senior - BHPian

Saw this clean Safari yesterday night @ MK Retail in Sarjpur Road Opposite Salarpuria Apartments. Has LCLC on the Bull Bar. My car was parked next to yours who are you mate? Apologies for Image being sideways, not sure how to straighten it on MAC (New MAC user) . I displays correctly on the laptop though.
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-28-oct-2011-spotting.jpg  

Last edited by mayankjha1806 : 28th October 2011 at 09:59.

Most Viewed