Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2011, 22:05   #13531
BHPian

I made a fool of myself today... On my way from Bangalore to Coimbatore I spotted this dark blue Scorpio numbered TN09 xx 7956. It had an LCLC sticker with URL on the hatch.. So I flashed my lights and waved when I was passing the vehicle, hoping he would see my stickers and ack.. All I got was a blank stare.

Later on, when I was stuck behind a truck, the same guy passed me, so this time I smiled and also made the T sign.. Yet again a blank stare, which was threatening to turn hostile very soon. So I let it go...

I hope I did not offend the person in the car, and if you are a TBHP'ian, please identify and acknowledge... I felt like a real fool, waving to strangers :-)

Cheers,
R_S
Old 9th November 2011, 22:05   #13532
Senior - BHPian

re: Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car

1. KA 05 MG 91X4 red i10 at inner ring road in front of DELL at around 7 30 pm. It was sporting LTD, LCLC, Redlining and one more sticker (couldn't observe) at the back.

2. Black Esteem with IDS below the rear number plate and the transparent sticker on the number plate which was KL registered at Marathalli around 7 pm. You were taking reverse into the main road.
Old 10th November 2011, 03:43   #13533
BHPian

Spotted Spotted. Ultra fresh spotting, I am starting to see a few fellow Bhpians now in the NCR region. This must be my 4th spotting in as many number of weeks.

What: Silver Ford Fiesta [HR registered, if I am not mistaken] with the LTD sticker pasted on the rear windscreen bottom center.

When: I was driving back from office at around 03:15 Hrs tonight, Nov 10th

Where: Right at the red light on Gurgaon bypass at the crossing where one road goes to Faridabad, one to DLF1, Gurgaon and Delhi. You were driving towards Delhi, and so was I.

I did a thumbs up with a couple of horn beeps and overtook the Bhpian and then got the 'Light Flash' signal from him as well.

It was nice to see you at the wee hours of the morning. Who are you Bhpian?
Old 10th November 2011, 11:30   #13534
Senior - BHPian

Saw a Red Punto driving out of the business complex near D-Mart in Powai. Had 2 stickers, one on the license plate and another to its left on the bumper as far as I noticed. Didn't note the number down, sped away before I could do so.
Old 10th November 2011, 11:50   #13535
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_united View Post
I have spotted the same i10 before, but didnt get a reply here.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post2307004
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Spotted this i10 yesterday on the newly opened section of the outer ring road near Magadi road. It was around 3:15 in the afternoon
I flashed and then when I overtook you, I waved.
Attachment 555739
I think you also waved from inside...Identify yourself mate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
1. KA 05 MG 91X4 red i10 at inner ring road in front of DELL at around 7 30 pm. It was sporting LTD, LCLC, Redlining and one more sticker (couldn't observe) at the back.
@guyfrmblr
Yours is the third spotting of the same car...no reply yet
Old 10th November 2011, 12:44   #13536

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
FYI: There is such a thing as the Law.

Infrastructure may have improved, but if you notice I was speaking specifically of the ORR and ITPL road. I presume you do travel on these roads, so please explain where the infrastructure on the ORR is such that you can drive - Safely - at 80? And how about the ITPL road. It is one and a half lanes on each side.

If you are speaking of the middle of the night, then please check the Accidents in India thread. I have seen three accidents in just a week when I was returning from office at between 4 and 4:30 AM. These were all accidents caused by people presuming there is noone else on the road, so they can drive - safely - faster than the speed limit, and break other laws.

So please, think before encouraging people to drive over the speed limit - whatever the time of day.

Anyway, this is OT, so I'm out.
When did I say there is no law? I only said we have grossly outdated laws. I was not talking specifically about ORR or ITPL roads, I was talking about all city roads in India. I regularly use BETL and NICE and its a shame that speed limit is 80 on such well maintained roads.

Even if we are talking about ORR, the speed limit on it was 65 when I was using it regularly 5-6 years ago. And back then ORR (between silkboard and Marathahalli) used to be quite vacant, where you can easily get upto 100kmph. Only recently after all the flyover fiasco started, ORR became congested and almost unusable. Now as per you, even after ORR becomes a signal free zone, we should be driving on 65?

And where exactly in my previous message you found me encouraging speeding? I was only indicating how outdated our current speed limits are.
iikish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2011, 13:11   #13537
BHPian

Spotted Grey Punto >> with GB sticker on rear bumper>> today morning @ around 9.30 >> just after Eblur Signal, Sarjapur road.
Old 10th November 2011, 16:40   #13538
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFuel View Post
Spotted Spotted. Ultra fresh spotting, I am starting to see a few fellow Bhpians now in the NCR region. This must be my 4th spotting in as many number of weeks.

What: Silver Ford Fiesta [HR registered, if I am not mistaken] with the LTD sticker pasted on the rear windscreen bottom center.

When: I was driving back from office at around 03:15 Hrs tonight, Nov 10th

Where: Right at the red light on Gurgaon bypass at the crossing where one road goes to Faridabad, one to DLF1, Gurgaon and Delhi. You were driving towards Delhi, and so was I.

I did a thumbs up with a couple of horn beeps and overtook the Bhpian and then got the 'Light Flash' signal from him as well.

It was nice to see you at the wee hours of the morning. Who are you Bhpian?
That's me. Little correction here, it was a golden fiesta
I saw you too and gave a flash when i saw your LTD. As i was driving with my bro and had picked him up from office, i thought you were his friend but the moment i saw your LTD, then i realized and gave you a flash. Nice to see you.
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2011, 17:26   #13539
Senior - BHPian

I feel so good when a Delhi-NCR spotting get acknowledged. The Delhi-NCR spottings are low and subsequent acknowledgement are even lower.
Old 10th November 2011, 17:51   #13540
BHPian

That silver swift with LTD sticker belongs to my friend from ghaziabad . He is not a teambhpian . I bought stickers last year and distributed to my friends . . Now i have got 2 new unpacked sets of teambhp stickers .

Quote:
Images of the cars I had spotted over the last couple of weeks. People sure did not respond to the spotting posts I had made.

So now I have found the images, hope they will respond to the photos of their rides.
Safari_Beast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2011, 19:22   #13541
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iikish View Post
When did I say there is no law? I only said we have grossly outdated laws. I was not talking specifically about ORR or ITPL roads, I was talking about all city roads in India. I regularly use BETL and NICE and its a shame that speed limit is 80 on such well maintained roads.

Even if we are talking about ORR, the speed limit on it was 65 when I was using it regularly 5-6 years ago. And back then ORR (between silkboard and Marathahalli) used to be quite vacant, where you can easily get upto 100kmph. Only recently after all the flyover fiasco started, ORR became congested and almost unusable. Now as per you, even after ORR becomes a signal free zone, we should be driving on 65?

And where exactly in my previous message you found me encouraging speeding? I was only indicating how outdated our current speed limits are.
Well, I used to find the speed-limits in India, quite ridiculous too.

But only recently I've realized that even 80 may be a touch too much. You see, infrastructure might have improved, but has common sense become more common? Nope.

About 5 years ago, there were far fewer vehicles on city roads and highways. You had the odd two-wheeler cutting the corner while taking a right, instead of waiting for the vehicle to pass by. But with the number of vehicles being registered on our roads increasing by the day, it's only getting harder for commuters and the local traffic police to manage the crowd.

Bear in mind, this is India. This is not an European country.

You have people and animals with suicidal tendencies darting across the road without warning. You have bullock-carts on the GQ, pottering away on the extreme-right-hand-side of the road, unaware of the vehicle doing 80 km/h right behind. You have people riding two-wheelers on the highway, not wearing a helmet, forget the appropriate riding gear.

All these factors have been presumably taken into consideration before arriving at the appropriate speed-limit law. There is a reason why speed-limits exist.

Indian roads are not obstacle courses. They might appear to be. But at the end of the day, there are lives that are at risk.

Think about it. Would you really want to be caught doing 120 km/h when a farmer crosses the NICE Road in the middle of the night? And we do know that the NICE Corridor, despite being an engineering feat and a revelation in Bangalore, is located next to farm lands where there are farmers and animals who are used to the slow-pace of life?

Now I suggest we end this discussion before it attracts moderator attention.

In other news, I spotted this Figo parked off CMH Road, Indiranagar, a few days back. It was parked very close to the new Metro-Station. WHo are you, fellow BHPian?

Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-05112011063.jpg

Also spotted this well maintained black Fiat Palio on RV Road, right next to Vijaya College, parked inside the petrol-bunk. Spotted this car a few weeks back. Nice wheels mate! Who are you, Sir?

Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-24102011060.jpg

Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-24102011061.jpg

Last edited by suhaas307 : 10th November 2011 at 19:23.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2011, 19:34   #13542
Senior - BHPian

KA51 Z X758 Black Spark at Kropex service on Hosur road, who are you BHPian?
Old 10th November 2011, 21:29   #13543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
That's me. Little correction here, it was a golden fiesta
I saw you too and gave a flash when i saw your LTD. As i was driving with my bro and had picked him up from office, i thought you were his friend but the moment i saw your LTD, then i realized and gave you a flash. Nice to see you.
Hi Nitin, that's the 1st acknowledgement I have gotten in all my time on T-bhp. It was nice to see you too, thanks a lot. Oh yes, golden fiesta, my apologies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari_Beast View Post
That silver swift with LTD sticker belongs to my friend from ghaziabad . He is not a teambhpian . I bought stickers last year and distributed to my friends . . Now i have got 2 new unpacked sets of teambhp stickers .
Safari_Beast that works for me, no wonder he didn't acknowledge me and thank God I didn't get down and knock on his window. Thanks a lot for letting me know.

It sure feels good to finally get 2 people to acknowledge my sightings. Hope to see you guys around on the streets more often

I have to agree, NCR spottings are rare, but the last few weeks have been a good sign of things to come.
iFuel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2011, 22:14   #13544
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Nitin, that's the 1st acknowledgement I have gotten in all my time on T-bhp. It was nice to see you too, thanks a lot. Oh yes, golden fiesta, my apologies.
I have to agree, NCR spottings are rare, but the last few weeks have been a good sign of things to come.
You know the reason for this is that most of the people who have stickers, are not related to teambhp as they had borrowed those stickers from there friends. Thats the reason i try to restrain myself whenever i see a car with it, cause i don't know if that person really belongs to bhp or not.
Well hope to see you again.
Old 11th November 2011, 09:05   #13545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Today in the evening on the way to EC, spotteda Red Getz KA05MG3719 , with LTD and url stickers.
I was not sure if this was BHPIANS ride or not as i have seen this car earlier also and when i honked a couple of times, there was no response.
As i was in a hurry overtook the car and to my surprise immediately noticed flashing lights in the rear view mirror.
Slowed down and allowed the car to come near me.
Exchanged our handles ( sorry mate dont remmember you handle exactly ) and said bye.

Didnt click any pictures today, but here is picture of the same car which i clicked earlier

Hey mate!!!It was nice talking to you!!!I was in an animated conversation with my friend in the car so i didn't notice you honking or flashing!!!Glad that i flashed and you noticed!!!

Most Viewed