Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2009, 00:09   #76
Team-BHP Support

Just for the convenience of those members who do not have a credit card but have an HDFC bank account you do have another way to pay for these stickers.

HDFC banking site has an option to register yourself for something called Netsafe cards. You can then create virtual credit cards through your HDFC bank account and use the same to pay for the merchandise. These virtual cards are meant to pay for Net based shopping and come with all the details that a regular card has. When the merchant bills the card it gets utilized and the money is deducted from your account.
Old 17th February 2009, 01:16   #77
BHPian

Just ordered mine! From TBHP headquarters to Delhi to London!
Old 17th February 2009, 08:40   #78
BHPian

Waiting for mine
Old 17th February 2009, 10:42   #79
BHPian

I had seen it a few cars but thot it was for "special" dudes only !!
ordered it and waiting to put it on my baleno and zen !!!!
Old 17th February 2009, 18:01   #80
BHPian

WOW! Just ordered mine can hardly wait to get them.

Cheers!
Old 17th February 2009, 19:08   #81
Senior - BHPian

Ordered my set today....
Old 17th February 2009, 19:24   #82
BHPian

me too waiting desperately..
Old 17th February 2009, 20:05   #83
BHPian

Got a couple of stickers during the Blind Man's Rally, thanks to GTO and put those up in a hurry. Will order a couple of sets right away for myself and anyone in Pune who'd like some.

EDIT: Ordered 2 sets

Last edited by vikram18 : 17th February 2009 at 20:22.
Old 17th February 2009, 21:01   #84
BHPian

Ordered my set today, waiting anxiously!
Old 17th February 2009, 22:15   #85
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram18 View Post
Got a couple of stickers during the Blind Man's Rally, thanks to GTO and put those up in a hurry. Will order a couple of sets right away for myself and anyone in Pune who'd like some.

EDIT: Ordered 2 sets
Thanks for ordering one set for me.
Old 18th February 2009, 01:51   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Just for the convenience of those members who do not have a credit card but have an HDFC bank account you do have another way to pay for these stickers.

HDFC banking site has an option to register yourself for something called Netsafe cards. You can then create virtual credit cards through your HDFC bank account and use the same to pay for the merchandise. These virtual cards are meant to pay for Net based shopping and come with all the details that a regular card has. When the merchant bills the card it gets utilized and the money is deducted from your account.
Thanks Zappo followed your instructions and placed my order. Now waiting for the stickers to arrive.
Old 18th February 2009, 02:07   #87
Team-BHP Support

An alternate payment mechanism

An alternate payment mechanism
Note from the backend team

So you do not have a credit card and of course no Paypal account either. Now thats a little problem. The store says that it accepts payments either through credit cards or else via Paypal accounts only.

Now these two modes cover most people. However we do understand that some of you find yourselves out in the cold with either of these methods. So we did some research and found another method of payment. This method of payment requires you to have an HDFC account. We describe the method below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netsafe-How_To
1. You login to the Netsafe cards section (available from the HDFC bank site). If you are not already registered for Netsafe then do so now. Its a free service and needs a one time registration.

2. Once logged in, you mention the exact amount for which the virtual credit card is needed. The UI is fairly straight forward and only needs you to enter the amount for which a virtual card is needed and press the GO button.
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-demo1.jpg

3. Based on this a virtual credit card is generated on the fly. This virtual card has a valid Credit Card number, an expiry date and a CVV number as well.
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-demo2.jpg

4. You use these details to pay for your stickers.
You need to remember a few things
Quote:
Originally Posted by Points-To-Note
1. This service is offered by HDFC Bank to all its customers who have the Netbanking facility.

2. The virtual card so generated is valid for the next 24 hours or so. If the card is not used within that time it expires and the money returns back to your account.

3. Every virtual card is a 1 time usage card. In other words you can not generate a big value card and then hope to keep using it for the next few days in parts for your shoppings.

4. We suggest that before you generate your card use the Paypal site to reach till the payment stage. Here the site will show you the exact amount inclusive of the exchange rate (remember the payment is in dollars) that it intends to charge your card. Note down this value and then generate your Netsafe card for the exact amount. The exchange rate varies everyday. So the exact Rupee value that Paypal shows today may not remain the same tomorrow. Check just before you generate the card.

Regarding the last point it is possible that you do not have a real card in hand to reach the review and confirm stage where Paypal shows you the amount it intends to charge. Unfortunately there is no getting around this obstacle. You do need to provide the card details before you reach that final screen where it shows the exact rupee figure.

If you have a real card which you do not intend to use for the transaction then you can use that cards detail to reach the final screen and then once you know the figure you can click the button to make some changes. This will mean Paypal won't charge the card and return you back to the previous screen. Now you can input the Netsafe card details which you would have generated based on the rupee figure in the last screen.

On the other hand if you do not have a real card handy we suggest that you make a Netsafe card of around Rs.252 This will be approximately what Paypal will charge you, a few loose changes less maybe...
The Netsafe method is also useful for those who intend to borrow the credit card of their uncle, cousin, friend etc to do the transaction. If they have an HDFC account ask them instead to generate a Netsafe card for you online and use that card. They will be more comfortable this way as it will be a one time usage card which can not compromise them in any ways.

Happy shopping.

Last edited by Zappo : 18th February 2009 at 02:16.
Old 18th February 2009, 02:28   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Thanks for ordering one set for me.
Anytime Buddy You know what to get in exchange
Old 18th February 2009, 07:33   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
HDFC banking site has an option to register yourself for something called Netsafe cards. You can then create virtual credit cards through your HDFC bank account and use the same to pay for the merchandise.
Similar feature is available in ICICI net banking too. One can create virtual credit card for online transactions, it is under ICICI Net banking->Credit Cards->Virtual Credit Cards.
Old 18th February 2009, 09:22   #90
BHPian

In kotak bank also. Someone in the forum asked Kotak does not work. Use Zappo solution

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks