Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2009, 19:07   #1906
BHPian

Saw a Maroon Ford Fusion yesterday evening around 7 at Marathhalli Ring road with LTD sticker.

I honked and slowed down in front of you but I guess you did not realize. Who is it?
Old 2nd November 2009, 19:26   #1907
BHPian

Spotted a Tata Safari today at 7:00 pm at Sarjapur signal. Had Love Cars Live Cars on the tailgate glass.

Who was it?
Old 2nd November 2009, 20:31   #1908
BHPian

i think all skoda owners in india should have these stickers on their cars, so next time it goes for service to *** no one will mess with you
Old 2nd November 2009, 20:49   #1909
BHPian

Sorry forgot to post the details. It was Silver Safari with registration TN xx xx 4905 with Love Cars Live Cars sticker.
Old 2nd November 2009, 22:54   #1910
Senior - BHPian

my car now gets a 'got bhp?' sticker on it!!
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-img_6400.jpg  

Old 3rd November 2009, 10:52   #1911
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
I saw a cream (?) coloured Fiesta with Live to Drive Sticker at the left rear bumper just before the entrance to Baghmane Tech Park. I crossed it on my bike. Unable to stop and chat as I had to reach office early. The person was wearing spectacles

Who is it? Working in BTP? Im also there
Sorry for the delay but I just got approved for joining this esteemed community. That would be me. Hoping to run into you again sometime soon.
Old 3rd November 2009, 11:48   #1912
BHPian

Waiting for a right turn to New BEL road on CV Raman road, i saw a black ??verna?? at 9am turn right from New BEL rd. There was a sticker with some red color inbetween white letters on the rear windscreen bottom. Guess it must have been the team-bhp sticker. How many bhpians use the New BEL road (and at what time)? I stay near RBK.
Old 3rd November 2009, 13:43   #1913
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berj79 View Post
i think all skoda owners in india should have these stickers on their cars, so next time it goes for service to A.S.S no one will mess with you
Very true, They can even let them go for free after a service.
Old 3rd November 2009, 13:43   #1914
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Spotted a blue/black esteem at 12:30am at CCD maddur parking lot. Number was KA-03 Z-53 .
Since the owner of the above mentioned car hasn't responded here goes what transpired on Saturday night on Mysore Road. Was a disgusting experience to say the least.

My bro-in-law and a few friends were home on saturday we decided to drive to Maddur CCD in my scorp and a zen.Just about 75kms from home sweet home , we took off. En-route somewhere after chennapatna I spot this esteem with about 4 tbhp- stickers driving on the left lane.

Car never looked familiar and I decided to drive on. I was doing a good 130+ coz traffic was literally nil. I overtake the esteem and then reach this place where a bridge is under construction and the road merges to a single lane for 2-way traffic.

I slow down, let oncoming traffic pass and chug along. The esteem catches up and over takes me. Now for sure he has noticed the LTD sticker on my scorp' and drives on.
No pleasantries exchanged since the esteem driver never looked interested when I checked from my-side of the Window. Ok continue driving and then here is what happens next.

Am on the right lane now flash my lights to overtake.The esteem driver suddenly decides to swerve right in front of me simply to cut me off. I back off coz I really dunno if these chaps are drunk. Once again he does the same thing of going right and left right in front of me. Ok i have had enough I simply floor it and leave the esteem behind.

Now we are back cruising again and I see the esteem madly flashing the lights in the RVM. Move to the left lane and give him way only to be completely taken by surprise.Though he had the complete right lane at his disposal, over takes so close that he almost side swiped the scorp'.

During this overtaking fiasco the imbeciles in the car(about 3 of them) are howling and hooting at us. Bang came the next question from my better half and friends " Is this what your online forum is all about ? reckless driving and then a disgusting act of hooting at a fellow bhp'ian " .

Well I couldn't say much or even react coz yes thats what we just experienced now with a car full of stickers from team-bhp. I let the whole incident pass and dint want to spoil our drive.

As for the driver of this car ,

1 - Dude imagine if I had cut you off while overtaking what would have happened ? You straight would have gone into the divider.I never did it coz if I did , there wouldn't be a difference between you and me.Sanity prevailed and I decided to let go.

2 - Your traffic manners are truly bad coz you have no regret or concern for fellow drivers on the road.

3 - Just coz your car has a loud exhaust doesn't make you or your car invincible. Surprises are always up in the flash of a second.Listen up pal, I used to drive a 1.6 and then graduated to a SUV. Have had oodles up torque and power at my disposal but never drove like you at any instance.

4 - Last but not the least, was really sad to see your esteem eat dust that was kicked up by the Santro who literally licked you up. Yeah a santro(came out of nowhere) and the esteem did drag for a few kms.

With power comes responsibility,sporting stickers of this forum and stooping to such levels only brings a bad name to this forum and its members. If you aren't a member here please remove those stickers and don't put this place at the risk of getting a bad name.

Food for thought Its easy to run your puny esteem off the road by a 2 tonner. Grow up !!

PS : Folks if any of you chaps know this car kindly ask him to remove those stickers off the car. Simply brings a bad name to this place.

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 3rd November 2009 at 13:44.
Old 3rd November 2009, 13:50   #1915
Senior - BHPian

Sad to hear of the unfortunate experience you had rj.

Surprising to see what happened even after the driver noticed the t-bhp stickers. The only thing I can think of is that the car was given to a non-bhp'ian who had no idea of t-bhp.
Old 3rd November 2009, 14:01   #1916
BHPian

Thats a real .bad experience rj. Pretty sure the T-Bhp stickers were gifted by a friend or they ordered it from here. Seeing your sticker, they decided to play around like a bunch of silly school kids.
Old 3rd November 2009, 14:03   #1917
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Sad business to hear. Hopeless behaviour and road manners. If the Esteem chap is a member and is man enough, it would be greatly appreciated if he would get on the forum and make a public apology.

And maybe going forward -TBHP should run a Road Manners test quiz as a screening activity which one needs to qualify with a certain number of marks, before admitting new members. And there should be only three attempts permitted for such qualification.

Also - just to give the benefit of doubt, it could be that this car was earlier owned by a member of the Forum and has subsequently been sold to some non-member who is also no respecter of other road users. Just that the car continues to carry the forum stickers.

This raises another thing - when one sells off an used car down the value chain, how many of us actually take the pain to remove any and all stickers from it before selling?

Of course under ideal circumstances one should certainly remove any and all stickers which grant the vehicle access to Office Buildings, Apartment/ Residential Enclaves, Clubs and other such which are specific to the first owner/ member. In the same way, it would be best to remove all TBHP stickers from a car that one is selling off - especially if the buyer is not a fellow member.

Quote:
Since the owner of the above mentioned car hasn't responded here goes what transpired on Saturday night on Mysore Road. Was a disgusting experience to say the least.

PS : Folks if any of you chaps know this car kindly ask him to remove those stickers off the car. Simply brings a bad name to this place.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 3rd November 2009 at 14:17.
Old 3rd November 2009, 14:05   #1918
BHPian

Quote:
Spotted a blue/black esteem at 12:30am at CCD maddur parking lot. Number was KA-03 Z-53
Rj, Were you able to catch with the esteem driver and ask him for a reason for his rash driving and wheather he was a member of the forum????

Will the real owner of the esteem please stand up....

Last edited by sajands : 3rd November 2009 at 14:06. Reason: had to add the proper tags
Old 3rd November 2009, 14:06   #1919
BHPian

@ rjstyles69:

Its really saddening to read your exp. such incidents may give wrong impression of T-BHP and above all what they wanna prove risking there own and others life on roads.
Old 3rd November 2009, 14:07   #1920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post

And maybe going forward -TBHP should run a Road Manners test quiz as a screening activity which one needs to qualify with a certain number of marks, before admitting new members. And there should be only three attempts permitted for such qualification.
I did think about this when I made a few attempts to register here. They should put a good questionnaire and I would have passed with flying colours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post

Of course under ideal circumstances one should certainly remove any and all stickers which grant the vehicle access to Office Buildings, Apartment/ Residential Enclaves, Clubs and other such which are specific to the first owner/ member. In the same way, it would be best to remove all TBHP stickers from a car that one is selling off - especially if the buyer is not a fellow member.

Im going to exchange my Old Zen and it is plastered with stickers. Im planning to remove all of them before the exchange.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks