Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2009, 21:33   #2416
Senior - BHPian

Hi Man,

Being a fellow BHPian some one gave nice suggestion. You missed it. The guy sent Pm to you did a perfect job and suggested you. If you were clever you could have asked his phone number through PM and asked for his suggestion at the time of air bubble in one sticker. No harm we do learn by errors. Did you paste in both cars or one left for the final touch.
Old 19th December 2009, 23:18   #2417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
I echo to what @navan49 says, its being more sensible on the road.

Stickers might be a show-off thing for some, but they are a sense of pride for others.

Once someone sees a car with Team-BHP sticker, the person should be assured that this is a no nonsense car, driven by a person who knows the basic rules of the road. It should be a sense of pride and a sense of appreciation for everyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
Seems the Guys who are using Team BHP Stickers, are not knowing what it is. If some one have some ideas about the code of Ethics for using it will be better to put it in this thread. In my case the day I stuck the stickers. I am more cautious and always buckle up the belt. No rash overtaking. If we the members with stickers don't follow the self discipline who will follow. Let us keep the decorum every where, wherever we are with cars with stickers.
Quote:
I would like to suggest that when the stickers are mailed, along with the stickers the code of conduct or the decorum of the use of stickers also to be sent. I would like to include the following points, others can include some more.
1. The person on the wheel should be buckled up. (I mean wear seat belt)
2. Obey the signals.
3. Use Proper indicators.
4. Respect the fellow drivers who ever it may be.
5. Help others on road if they need any help. (Beware of the miscreants too)
6. Don't use mobiles on drive.
7. Keep your car (Let it be new or old) clean and do periodic maintenance.

Thanks for the opportunity to put it up here and let us see how it develops.
Plus 1!
I have seen a few cars with t-bhp stickers being driven recklessly and/or driven without wearing seatbelts,
Whenever my car is dirty, I say to myself that the car needs a wash, what if a t-bhp member spots my car with the t-bhp sticker.
Old 20th December 2009, 00:43   #2418
Senior - BHPian

regarding this code of conduct how many of you all completely obey all of them?
Basic ethics and rules like not jumping signals / mobiles etc are to be followed but.
Asking a person to drive slowly or asking him not to rip is not acceptable to some people (including me)
Safety is a priority i agree as long as im not endangering any other living beings life including mine then according to me im driving safe.
Im giving my point of view because who knows tomorrow one of you guys might spot me ripping past you then people come and make threads like "is this how a bhpian is supposed to behave etc"
Then you might as well bring in a new T-BHP Hippie Sticker and pass on a complementary bag of weed along with it .
Old 20th December 2009, 04:15   #2419
Senior - BHPian

Hi Vinay,

These are all proposed ones. Like you any one cam add or suggest for deletion. Finally the Mods should do some thing on this. If one cannot follow some basic rules, then what kind of respect we give for ourselves.
Old 20th December 2009, 06:22   #2420
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Vinay,

These are all proposed ones. Like you any one cam add or suggest for deletion. Finally the Mods should do some thing on this. If one cannot follow some basic rules, then what kind of respect we give for ourselves.
Yes i agree there are a few basic conducts which one has to agree like following signals and cellphone usage(sometimes i do it also ) and also stuff like if you are driving slow dont hog up the faster lanes etc have to be stressed upon.
But when people start giving attention to stuff like "This T-Bhp member has Dark tints on" how irresponsible can he be " etc this crosses the line and the people doing so are nothing but attention seekers.

Apart from all this
IMO
Along with the stickers there should be "The Ten Commandments" on How to drive this can be sent along with stickers with the most important aspects of driving stressed upon
Old 20th December 2009, 07:35   #2421
Senior - BHPian

My 2 cents.

Our Government of India have put clear instruction through Motor Vehicle Act for everything under discussion here. How many of us following?

Ok, lets keep it more easier. The act also says the font and letter size for the Number plate / license plate. How many stick to it?

Dont bounce on me saying you have it right. People who feel it is right, unknowingly you may also have the small red stickers like auto dealers names etc, which are also suppose to be not there. I know these are not the ones owner put, but put by dealers.

Ok, let me logoff before it goes too much OT.
Old 20th December 2009, 12:41   #2422
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Man,

Being a fellow BHPian some one gave nice suggestion. You missed it. The guy sent Pm to you did a perfect job and suggested you. If you were clever you could have asked his phone number through PM and asked for his suggestion at the time of air bubble in one sticker. No harm we do learn by errors. Did you paste in both cars or one left for the final touch.
Agreed. Should have got back for help! Anyways, stuck them on both cars.
Old 20th December 2009, 17:13   #2423
Senior - BHPian

Hi Jothi,

Honestly agreed. I did put the Teambhp stickers on the number plates. Of course we are human beings bound for errors and some violations. The matter here is that let us try to limit our lines.
Old 20th December 2009, 18:13   #2424
BHPian

in case you ever spot a guy on a silver kine/kinetic in bangalore with the plates KA XX XX 1947 that would be me. i dont bite only saying hi
Old 20th December 2009, 21:38   #2425
Senior - BHPian

Looks like I am the one who is spotting most t-bhp cars in Pune recently .

My latest spotting is a neatly maintained red Matiz PB-08-xxxx with LTD on the boot at Pashan-Sus road. I was on my usual Sunday ride around noon time. The owner/driver wasn't inside. The car was parked on main road just at the corner of the junction with a lane leading into a housing society.

Bhpian () please identify yourself and just a friendly tip- don't park at the corner/junction of two roads as it blocks the vision + cause inconvenience to the driver while taking a turn.

-BJ
Old 20th December 2009, 22:20   #2426
Senior - BHPian

Spotted !!!
Silver i20 with a LTD sticker in Orchid Central inside manipal centre.
My black innova was parked in reverse so T-BHP sticker was not visible.
Yea i was in the coffee shop .
Reveal yourself
Old 21st December 2009, 08:13   #2427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by punterccrx8s View Post
Saw a silver sx4 with a got-bhp sticker in 4th block today near Barista.Also spotted a black ikon the other day with a *00* number plate!

That was my silver SX4 in 4th block that you had seen. I would generally visit that area during weekends.
Old 21st December 2009, 09:57   #2428
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

yesterday around 1140am I saw a Silver Swift parked on the left near Sony World in Koramangala - had a yellow LTD Sticker on it.
It looked like the cops had stopped the owner and were quizzing him a bit. Unfortunately I was accelerating at the time I noticed this so couldnt stop to see what was up!
Sorry buddy whoever you are. But tell us why that cop stopped you because those particular cops are decent guys - they only stop one if there has actually been a violation of some kind -an usually the most common violation there is that people take a happy left turn from the ring road at that signal thinking it is a free left whereas in fact it is not.
Old 21st December 2009, 10:46   #2429
Senior - BHPian

Spotted Harish's alto once again today morning on Shankar Road. We stopped for a brief chit chat as he was on his way to get his Alto serviced. He also spotted my marina at the same time (coincidence, eh?). Finally his curiosity has been settled.
Old 21st December 2009, 11:21   #2430
BHPian

Spotted a Silver Baleno on Lloyds Road, Cooke Town today at 9.30 am - Car had FFE and a sweet exhaust note - number KA**-M*-*27 - there was a 'GOT BHP' sticker at the rear centre. Who was this??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks