Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2010, 22:42   #7141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by para_7k View Post
I spotted a Black Figo near Ambur on the NH46 (beyond krishnagiri) and I waved. It was a KA 03 MM XXXX. I was in a grey i10.

Was that you by any chance ?

Hey Para,

Yes I did see you! I was about to take out the camera take a picture but by the time you zoomed off! It was raining very heavily too.
thanks for waving in spite of the mad-mad rain, sorry I couldn't wave back at you or stop.
Old 9th November 2010, 23:27   #7142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post
Last evening on the way home from work at around 8.30 pm, the stretch between Dhaula Kuan and Naraina was less congested than usual and I managed to hit a good speed by the time I had crossed the Dhaula Kuan grade separator (a rare event under normal circumstances). I have been using the Ikon for the last few days and was seeing how much energy granny (she's nearly 8) could muster up. I could see in my rearview mirror a car had been flashing lights for close to 3 mins. when I slowed down and moved to the left to let it pass. On the contrary, this car swerved completely to the left and brakes screeching, slowed down right next to me. I was terrified as hell and immediately activated the central locking as I came to a slow halt. My windows were rolled halfway down and before I could roll them up, the driver walked up. I nearly froze. But he said a polite hi and asked if I was a BHPian. I replied in the affirmative and he said that so was he. I turned to look at his car, a well maintained black OHC with plenty of stickers of all kinds all over the car. As he introduced himself, I only recollect his name as Ajay. I was probably too numb to register much of the 5 minute long conversation, except that you appreciated my car (thanks) and the VIP number (8 years ago it was easy to get a number of one's choice).

Well, nice meeting you; though you gave me the fright of my life. But later on I was wondering, how did you know I was a BHPian. None of my cars supports a TBHP sticker of any kind. Only my employer's parking sticker is present on my car. Also, my daily drive is a Fiesta. Have been inactive on the forum for the last month or two on account of work commitments, but wanted to share the experience of being spotted by a black OHC with TBHP stickers (among others).

Finally Who are you ?? It was too dark to see your reg. no. as you drove off. How do you identify yourself on the forum? I would like to tell you that I was planning to dial 100 as you were approaching my car.

This was one of the scariest incidents of my life.

Cheers
Sugeeta
Many would consider you lucky if not for the way you were stopped. Have never been spotted once despite sporting the stickers for close to 5 months now, and you get spotted without a sticker.

On a serious note, that is scary.
Old 9th November 2010, 23:46   #7143
BHPian

TBHP Sticker on my Xylo

Hi all,
here goes my share of the pics. I had got the stickers quite a while back, but took time to stick them on my Xylo and got these pics very recently.
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-100_7738.jpg  

Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-100_7739.jpg  

Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-100_7740.jpg  

Old 10th November 2010, 00:34   #7144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
Hi all,
here goes my share of the pics. I had got the stickers quite a while back, but took time to stick them on my Xylo and got these pics very recently.
A unique position for that L2D sticker So which route would we be spotting your car often?
Old 10th November 2010, 09:04   #7145
Senior - BHPian

I liked the position of the LTD sticker! Also, i see a 'sound factor' sticker too, i would like to see your ICE setup!
Old 10th November 2010, 09:07   #7146
@ri
BHPian

Dark grey Hyundai i10 with LTD sticker at the back. We exchanged glances as you were entering the Parking Lot @ Salarpuria Touchstone. BHPian Identify yourself.
Old 10th November 2010, 09:16   #7147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent007 View Post
Hey.. that was me, didnt you try and get my attention? What car were you in?
Don't remember who I was talking to on the phone but must have been an important call you know (read unavoidable) :P

Btw.. I frequent the churchgate -lamington stretch, hoping to catch you very soon again..

Cheers!
Now that you have identified yourself like a good boy , let me show others your well maintained ride.

I was in my friends car. Since your car had dark tints in the rear and I presume there was someone in the rear, I did not want to distract much. My office is at marinelines and I do not take this route back home. The day I spotted you, I had a meeting at lowerparel and was travelling the same direction.
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-esteem-bhp.jpg  

Old 10th November 2010, 09:50   #7148
BHPian

Car :- Black Santro
Number :- MH-31 CR XXXX
Spotted At :- My office parking (AR -3 parking.) PSL Pune

LTD sticker on Right side fender.
Old 10th November 2010, 09:53   #7149
Senior - BHPian

1. Nov 9th - Corsa 1.6 with Got Bhp? sticker on the ORR after Bellandur.

2. Nov 10th - Golden Ford Fiesta TCDi with LTD sticker and transparent stickers all round, at the railway crossing after ISRO gate off the ORR.
Old 10th November 2010, 10:10   #7150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_mouli View Post
OT but can't resist! Rocky, you spotted that ANHC with one of the smaller stickers which is not THAT visible, and you did that while driving!! Man, you must be having eagle-vision.
Anyway i hope this didn't distract your concentration.
I was not driving i was in the passenger seat taking photographs of our trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
hehe.. the sticker or the lady?
I already had the lady of my life in the back seat so had not intension of looking at any other ladies.plus if my lady saw me staring at any other lady i would have a hell lot to pay for.
Old 10th November 2010, 10:12   #7151
BHPian

I had blue spots today!<B> Blue safari 4x4 with I drive safe (7041) </B> At inner ring road turning into the EGL buildings.

<B> Blue Punto emotion 1158 with Got BHP? </B> at fabindia signal you took a left towards silk board I went right.

I was the guy on the silver kine in jacket, aviators and gloves. Waved to both of you'll but neither acknowledged.
Old 10th November 2010, 10:51   #7152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post
Last evening on the way home from work at around 8.30 pm, the stretch between Dhaula Kuan and Naraina was less congested than usual and I managed to hit a good speed by the time I had crossed the Dhaula Kuan grade separator (a rare event under normal circumstances). I have been using the Ikon for the last few days and was seeing how much energy granny (she's nearly 8) could muster up. I could see in my rearview mirror a car had been flashing lights for close to 3 mins. when I slowed down and moved to the left to let it pass. On the contrary, this car swerved completely to the left and brakes screeching, slowed down right next to me. I was terrified as hell and immediately activated the central locking as I came to a slow halt. My windows were rolled halfway down and before I could roll them up, the driver walked up. I nearly froze. But he said a polite hi and asked if I was a BHPian. I replied in the affirmative and he said that so was he. I turned to look at his car, a well maintained black OHC with plenty of stickers of all kinds all over the car. As he introduced himself, I only recollect his name as Ajay. I was probably too numb to register much of the 5 minute long conversation, except that you appreciated my car (thanks) and the VIP number (8 years ago it was easy to get a number of one's choice).

Well, nice meeting you; though you gave me the fright of my life. But later on I was wondering, how did you know I was a BHPian. None of my cars supports a TBHP sticker of any kind. Only my employer's parking sticker is present on my car. Also, my daily drive is a Fiesta. Have been inactive on the forum for the last month or two on account of work commitments, but wanted to share the experience of being spotted by a black OHC with TBHP stickers (among others).

Finally Who are you ?? It was too dark to see your reg. no. as you drove off. How do you identify yourself on the forum? I would like to tell you that I was planning to dial 100 as you were approaching my car.

This was one of the scariest incidents of my life.

Cheers
Sugeeta

Guys,

It's understandable to get excited when you spot a TBHP stickered car.
But if the driver fails to acknowledge, let go. We never know whether a member is driving or some family member / friend and what's their state of mind.

Don't get too aggressive and scare people like this. Let the spotting be a Pleasant experience - not a scary one.
Old 10th November 2010, 11:19   #7153

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvishwanathan View Post
Now that you have identified yourself like a good boy , let me show others your well maintained ride.

I was in my friends car. Since your car had dark tints in the rear and I presume there was someone in the rear, I did not want to distract much. My office is at marinelines and I do not take this route back home. The day I spotted you, I had a meeting at lowerparel and was travelling the same direction.

Thanks!

I don't quite figure out where exactly this snap is taken, but I am damn sure it must be her highness on the rear seat. The dark rear tints find their way so that her highness is not spotted by her family, given the fact that I drop her almost everyday to Lamington road.

But, the next time you see me, do 'ping', would love to catchup with a bhpian.
Old 10th November 2010, 11:19   #7154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhallen.282 View Post
Spotted a red van/omni with LTD on boot. Marenhalli main road. Ka 01 me 54x headed towards jayadeva hospital. Was walking on the road.

Also a black wagonR with LCLC near teri in domlur. Nobody seems to respond off-late!
Hey Valhallen, I put my hands up for the Black Wagon-R ( if the reg no.matches to 7953) !! Thanks for spotting me mate. Was it parked or was it on the move ??

As regards the above Omni, i keep seeing this vehicle near VV Puram almost once a week and also had posted a sighting, but no response.

Last edited by Rajesh K R : 10th November 2010 at 11:21.
Old 10th November 2010, 11:26   #7155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhallen.282 View Post
<B> Blue Punto emotion 1158 with Got BHP? </B> at fabindia signal you took a left towards silk board I went right.

I was the guy on the silver kine in jacket, aviators and gloves. Waved to both of you'll but neither acknowledged.
Thats me! Did you have your headlight on for a bit? I did notice a Kinetic flashing from behind around the fabmall turning. Didn't see your wave though, was engrossed in a very animated discussion with my co-passenger

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks