Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2011, 13:28   #10336
BHPian

re: Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Technically you can 'flash', but you may attract lots of attention
just kidding!

Paud road; somewhere on the mess of a road between Hotel Kinara and Rambaug colony. I also reported spotting you (as did mmxylorider)

Naah, I was in my left lane (to the your rear left). When I joined the road at Hotel Kinara you were already ahead of me. You decided to move to the left lane and I could have very well rear ended you right at the tbhp sticker on your bumper. Thankfully I was looking right at the sticker, so swerved on time
Sorry about that dude. Didn't mean to scare you but then it is one of the challenges driving in the city. I adhere to the principle when in Rome do as the Romans. So when in MH-14 land I drive the way the others do instead of standing out like an idiot following traffic rules . However when I enter areas like Paud Road and city interiors I try to humbly sync up with two wheelers who swerve left and right. If I drive in one lane I can imagine the umpteen times I would be cursed at , given looks and have to listen to the wonderful language of passing bikers and perhaps auto drivers.
Old 8th June 2011, 15:07   #10337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
Sorry about that dude. Didn't mean to scare you but then it is one of the challenges driving in the city. I adhere to the principle when in Rome do as the Romans. So when in MH-14 land I drive the way the others do instead of standing out like an idiot following traffic rules . However when I enter areas like Paud Road and city interiors I try to humbly sync up with two wheelers who swerve left and right. If I drive in one lane I can imagine the umpteen times I would be cursed at , given looks and have to listen to the wonderful language of passing bikers and perhaps auto drivers.
No worries dude, I cannot be scared on Pune roads; at least not any more than I already am!

I do the same, but I use my indicators a lot when changing lanes. Not that anybody notices them; but at least I have the satisfaction that the habit may help me when I drive elsewhere.
Old 8th June 2011, 15:21   #10338
Senior - BHPian

This is the second time I am spotting this car. Hope to get a response at least this time, especially since the post is accompanied with a pic.

Spotted this in my office parking just now.
Who are you mate? If not a BHPian, at least send me an email on the office id! We work for the same company. My name is the same as the BHP id. Would be good to catch up with you.

Oh BTW, nice car!
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-bhp.jpg  

Old 8th June 2011, 15:58   #10339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
SIMULTANEOUS SPOTTINGS:

Was on my way back home from mahim to hiranandani, powai. As soon as I turned right for the JVLR, I spotted a red Jetta with GOT BHP sticker. Managed to get besides him & exchanged thumbs up. (Mate, I know who you are but I am unable to recollect your handle, could you help me with that?)

We met again at the next signal & again exchanged smiles when, to my left, a blue civic honked & indicated my LTD sticker. Again we exchanged smiles... the signal turned green & I moved on. Dint spot the Civic after that... Who was it?

Sorry guys, I was in a rush... Had some work at my place. It was good to see you'll.
>>>

raj_5004,

That was me in the Red Baron.
Had returned the night before and had taken the car for a much needed spin after a fortnight's enforced rest.

By the way I saw, overtook and exchanged (non-verbal) greetings in Hiranandani yesterday 7th with a black Palio with an MH14 plate. The gentleman raised his arm in greeting as I turned left toward the hill. Do not recall the stickers but it had two of them at the rear.

ragingbull is not wrong in his assessment of my intended travel - however thanks to the consular powers that be, I travel to SA by the end of next week.

Two must do items on the agenda - a Johannesburg to Capetown to George drive and a meeting (hopefully) with Graeme Pollock!

Regards, drive safe
Old 8th June 2011, 16:03   #10340

Strangely, my car has not been spotted yet.....
Old 8th June 2011, 16:28   #10341
Senior - BHPian

Spotted in the morning today:

a) A maroon coloured Ascent parked with LTD sticker opposite New Horizon Gurukul behind Cisco campus with last number on the plate - MB 3881

b) Black Ritz with LTD parked in my office Multilevel car park - Pic attached

Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-ritz-2.jpg

Who art thou BHPians?
Old 8th June 2011, 16:28   #10342
BHPian

Saw a KA-09 regd Sierra on BETL this morning. Anyone here?

Couldn't wave or click as I was in a bus.
Old 8th June 2011, 16:36   #10343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Well the day is not far when people start speculating that rides having these stickers belong to some "crazy driving" community!

It absolutely hurts and saddens by the way people sporting these stickers drive so irresponsibly. MODS can there be some mechanism where in issuance of stickers can be regulated?

I have a couple of friends who make such loose statements that "oh your forum folks ride rashly on the road with out any respect to the law"
Well said Sumathindra. I too saw couple of cars - Swifts - with BHP stickers moving recklessly last week. I suspect whether these guys are members or would have got extra stickers from their friends?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prguru View Post
Today has been luckiest day so far, 6 spottings and caught up with 4 bhpians.
Spotted this scorpio parked in front of CCD gandhi bazaar at 12:30 PM.Attachment 555214

Hey Guru, Thanks for sotting my car. Aplogies for not responding immediately. Yes, i was in Gandhi Bazar on Saturday morning and was going to canara bank ATM to draw cash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
The black scorpio with the number 406 belongs to FAUJI. I have spotted him multiple times in and around Jayanagar, JP nagar and gandhi bazaar.
Yes sir. Thanks for spotting. How come we did not get a chance to say "Hi"

I just responded to Guru's post.

Last edited by .anshuman : 10th June 2011 at 13:51. Reason: Back to back posts within 20mins. Please use Multi-Quote option when Quoting more than a post at a time. Thanks
Old 8th June 2011, 18:00   #10344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by callvvijay View Post
Spotted a White Scorpio SLE with LTD sticker near Chennai Airport (towards Tambaram). I was following you (on and off) till Tambaram Sanatorium in my Alto. I also flashed my lights from just behind you 3-4 times near Chromepet which, I think you would have definitely noticed.

At last, some one has spotted me. Actually, i didn't notice you because i was in the front passenger seat. If you have waved in front of me, then maybe i might have noticed. I will save this picture
Old 8th June 2011, 18:29   #10345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
I spot amitwlele's car so many times, that I have lost the count. Most of the times though, I am on foot, so cant honk or flash () when on foot.
Oh man. I think now its time for T-BHP T-Shirts with very bold lettering so that i can spot you as well on the road.

Thanks for spotting me multiple times. I think we should exchange our numbers, so next time you spot you can buzz me and we can have a quick chai at the Tapri
Old 8th June 2011, 18:31   #10346
Team-BHP Support

Spotting no.1

Vehicle - Black Scorpio
Stickers - "Love cars, live cars" (red and black combo) on rear boot door, URL on number plate
Place - From Bellandur to Ecospace tech park
Time - today, around 5.15pm

Windows were fully up. You were humming some music and nodding your head completely immersed in it. I came beside you and waved but no response. Probably a Pseudo?

Spotting no.2

Car - Black Palio Stile multijet
Stickers - "got BHP?" sticker on the rear windshield and URL stickers on the mirror.
Time - around 5.45pm
Place - ORR, BTM layout - citibank to Udupi Garden signal stretch

I was on my black pulsar 220. Managed to catch up with you and shouted "Team-BHP". You smiled and replied something which I couldn't hear Wish I could stop for a quick Hi but the traffic was too heavy there. Who are you BHPian?

Last edited by KarthikK : 8th June 2011 at 18:32. Reason: typo
Old 8th June 2011, 19:55   #10347
Distinguished - BHPian

what : black outlander, reg 7181
Where: sikanderpur crossing, gurgaon
sporting: Got bhp, and LTD, i think, on both sides of rear logo

Who: A lady was driving, didnt look to be a member(late 50's), and also cos she didnt acknowledge.
spirited!
i literally had to cut around a lot of traffic to get ahead.
Old 8th June 2011, 20:02   #10348
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk
what : black outlander, reg 7181
Where: sikanderpur crossing, gurgaon
sporting: Got bhp, and LTD, i think, on both sides of rear logo

Who: A lady was driving, didnt look to be a member(late 50's), and also cos she didnt acknowledge.
spirited!
i literally had to cut around a lot of traffic to get ahead.
Must be Aloksriva's Outlander.
Old 8th June 2011, 20:07   #10349
BHPian

Car - Red Swift
Stickers - team-bhp sticker on the rear windshield and LCLC stickers on right rear fender.
Time - around 6.45pm
Place - Oasis mall, Koramangala to Domlur stretch.
Number: KA05MCXXXX

Who art thou bhpian?
Old 8th June 2011, 20:54   #10350

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
Spotted this Volo (MH plates) near the the Bangalore Golf club, then was able to catch up to it near the round about. The wife clicked the pic with her C3, i then saw it head straight to Windsor Manor i guess. Interesting thing it had the LCLC sticker on the side. So not sure if this in the supercar thread or here
Spotted the same one at Auroville parking(Pondy) on the 28th May. Nasty damage on the side as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks