Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2011, 10:37   #13321
Senior - BHPian

re: Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car

I think i spotted "bigvishnu" today and his Vista.

He was right next to me , i honked a couple of times, no response, went ahead of him and then let me go past me and then flashed lights , still no reponse .

Not sure if it was vishu or someone else driving the car, had a co passenger so didnt disturb anymore.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-dsc04802-custom.jpg  

Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-dsc04804-custom.jpg  

Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-dsc04805-custom.jpg  

Old 28th October 2011, 10:49   #13322
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick
Saw a grey Indica V2 Dlx yesterday while getting out of EGL Campus, wore good looking alloys, could not click a pick. I did flick the lights but i guess the guy did not notice.

Do we have any signal mechanism like flashing 4 times continous.
Did the car have a transparent sticker on the rear glass? If yes, I saw the car go into EGL in the morning.
Old 28th October 2011, 11:03   #13323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalyst_delhi View Post
yes i have seen the blue beat near the transport bay lg parking sometimes. i am in acn btw.
COOL!!! I'm in ACN too, workstation 286-BAY-5, do drop in sometime. Nice to see a fellow BHPIAN in same office. My shift timing is 11:30 to 9.
Old 28th October 2011, 11:07   #13324
BHPian

Re: Is this how we spot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
Shocking incident happened today when I was returning from office.

Just after crossing the Ambience mall toll at Gurgaon towards Delhi I see a flashing of beams 2-3 cars behind me and see a Maroon Santro closing in fast on my IRVM flashing headlights like crazy. Now I was in the third lane from right on this 4-lane highway and had cars on both the sides.

The driver of this santro continues to flash headlights tailgating me closely at a speed of about 60-70 kmph. I brake a little suddenly (drive-brake-drive procedure within 0.5 seconds) and then continue driving to educate this guy my way on how dangerous tailgating is. But he isn't one who's gonna take it lying down. This guy looking angry as ever in the IRVM sweves hard to the left most lane (you know the 5th lane which is not even a lane) and obviously wants to get ahead of me.

I'm still in third lane and while he tries to catch up I accelerate further in my own lane to tell him that he hasn't got an AMG. Within moments I'm decently ahead of this guy but having experienced my share of road rage in Delhi I'm back at 60-70 kmph not wanting to take it any further.

Now comes the best part, this guy is again catching up on me and I'm almost certain that he's gonna cut me and brake just ahead of me. So I strategically place myself on the third lane behind an SX4 (in the 2nd lane) so that when he cuts me I just move to the 2nd lane.

Not disappointing me any further he overtakes me from left and then cuts me while braking but as anticipated I just move to the 2nd lane and this guy cannot go any beyond because of the SX4 just ahead of me in the 2nd lane.
While on the expressway or on NH-1, I often get trapped into this sort of tit-a-tat with one odd car that overtakes me. I play catch up and the game then goes on till either of us part ways.

Later I realise how foolish I was being distracted by an errant driver and ending up doing the same thing that irritated me in the first place. I lose concentration, keep track of one car on the highway instead of crucially being aware of all vehicles immediately around me.

The fact that I haven't had an accident amidst all this speeding is more to do with prudence than my skills.

Well, my advice is to refrain from educating errant drivers on the fly, thats not what we are on the road for. We enjoy the drive more if we spot a dangerous maneuver and steer clear of it.

Anyway that's only an advice; if you are able to follow it, tell me how
rajcs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2011, 11:22   #13325
Senior - BHPian

Re: Is this how we spot?

Earlier even I used to race with strangers on the expressway a lot but with more time behind the wheels and at t-bhp, things changed for good. However, I never thought about it the way you've mentioned below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajcs View Post
Later I realise how foolish I was being distracted by an errant driver and ending up doing the same thing that irritated me in the first place.
Quote:
Well, my advice is to refrain from educating errant drivers on the fly, thats not what we are on the road for.
As an educated guy myself, what you say makes perfect sense, need to tame the damn adrenaline to the T.

Quote:
Anyway that's only an advice; if you are able to follow it, tell me how
I usually steer away 9 times out of 10 from such situations, just that every once in a while these idiots get the better off me. Good music and thinking about where I'm going on the next road trip certainly help though.

There was even a thread that talked about how easily you get provoked and all. It was that thread that got me thinking and I mend my ways for good.
fine69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2011, 12:00   #13326
Senior - BHPian

Spotted a golden coloured Zen (the facelifted model), Thane registered, ending with triple twos, right outside my home this morning. It sported a yellow TBHP sticker, I could just make out the word DRIVE in a big font, and the letter I in the beginning. Dunno if it's a Dombivli-kar or someone visiting the place for Diwali.
Old 28th October 2011, 12:14   #13327
BHPian

Spotted this Scorp near a friend's place. I have no idea why 'Team-BHP' is missing from the 'Got BHP' sticker.
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-img00138201103141735.jpg  

Old 28th October 2011, 12:22   #13328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
Did the car have a transparent sticker on the rear glass? If yes, I saw the car go into EGL in the morning.
Yes it had the transparent tbhp web address sticker on the rear glass, i think we are talking of the same, so you also work in EGL?
Old 28th October 2011, 12:53   #13329
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Yes it had the transparent tbhp web address sticker on the rear glass, i think we are talking of the same, so you also work in EGL?
nah, i'm based out of EC. was passing the EGL campus entrance when i spotted the Indica at my 10 o'clock turning in; too late to take a picture.
Old 28th October 2011, 18:47   #13330
BHPian

Spotted a black swift with got bhp? on the rear bottom left at about 4:15 PM today at Ramanagara on Mysore Road going towards Bangalore. Who are you mate?
Old 28th October 2011, 19:41   #13331
BHPian

Fresh Fresh Fresh

Just spotted a white Ford Figo with LTD on the left quarter of the rear hatch door.

Spotted it on the road between American Express building and the DLF Pinnacle Towers at around 19:30. You were driving towards the red light that meets the DLF Gold Course road.

Sorry could not click a picture as I was talking to a friend. I just noticed it in a flash. I work in Amex.

Who are you BHPian?
Old 28th October 2011, 20:04   #13332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowaby View Post
Aree yaar! What should I say about this legendary boy. He is a tyrant.

My son too had this kinda "issues" esp. when I type in TBHP; he was always ready to play with the smileys that appear on the right side. Fed up, I finally decided to put up HIS picture as my avtar; after that he will wait for me to complete the typing and then I allow him to submit the post.

Old 28th October 2011, 20:16   #13333
BHPian

Saw this xylo sporting a team-BHP sticker, he was caught by the cops.

Name:  image2388991276.png
Views: 937
Size:  809.8 KB

This was about a week ago on ECR.
xtremeshock is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2011, 20:53   #13334
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw this Indica this evening at tippasandra cross. Who are you BHPian?
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-dsc00312.jpg  

Old 28th October 2011, 21:33   #13335
BHPian

Spotted Black Scorpio (KA xx xx 406) today evening around 18.30 near Velankani/EC, it had LTD and IDS on rear door. Captain, was that your drive ? I guess yes..

Most Viewed