Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2011, 21:50   #13501
Senior - BHPian

re: Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car

Today in the evening on the way to EC, spotteda Red Getz KA05MG3719 , with LTD and url stickers.
I was not sure if this was BHPIANS ride or not as i have seen this car earlier also and when i honked a couple of times, there was no response.
As i was in a hurry overtook the car and to my surprise immediately noticed flashing lights in the rear view mirror.
Slowed down and allowed the car to come near me.
Exchanged our handles ( sorry mate dont remmember you handle exactly ) and said bye.

Didnt click any pictures today, but here is picture of the same car which i clicked earlier
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-050820111271.jpg  

Schoudhury is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2011, 23:33   #13502
BHPian

Spotted a UP registered Silver Swift today at around 18:15 at the red light on the DLF Golf Course crossing in Gurgaon, Haryana.

It had the LTD sticker on bottom center of the rear wind screen. I honked and flashed a couple of times when I was driving behind him, but to no avail. So I overtook the car and stopped ahead of him so that he could see the LTD sticker on my car's rear wind screen(Sky Blue Hyundai Accent) and flash/honk as an approval, but nothing happened. Maybe he did not notice me.

Who are you Bhpian, if you are a Bhpian?

@ guyfrmblr, I think that sedate means the person was driving very decent and at a nice pace and not rash at all. That would count as dignified to me, so you are right. I do not know where anonymous got the word wrong. Maybe he meant to write some other word instead.
Old 9th November 2011, 01:24   #13503
BHPian

Today at noon, White Swift KA 04 MG 9186 on the ORR towards Whitefield. Drive Safe blue sticker below the 3rd brake light. You were too fast for me to catch up
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-image1736.jpg  

Old 9th November 2011, 09:54   #13504
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post

The gentleman who was driving the alto was driving in a very dignified manner. I thought of using the word sedately here to indicate his dignified driving style. Please correct me if I my usage of the word sedate to indicate his dignified driving is incorrect.
Your usage is absolutely correct. Only in India would sedate driving be construed as bad driving

The only case in which this is true is if the driver is driving much under the speed limit in the fast lane but there is nothing in your post to suggest that.
Old 9th November 2011, 09:58   #13505
Team-BHP Support

Vehicle : well maintained Black SX4 ZXi
Sticker(s) : LTD on centre of rear bumper
Registration no : KA 51 XX XXXX
Date : today 9.15am
Place : Bellandur ORR, near ecospace
Additional info: driven by a young lady

who owns this vehicle? Could you please identify yourself BHPian?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
No offence to anyone but people must understand that by showing off Team BHP Stickers, they are re presenting the whole communiting. So please avoid sedate/rash driving. If you can't do it, please remove the stickers and do it.
Pardon me for going slightly OT here, but I can't understand - what is the problem with sedate driving?? We are supposed to follow and respect that, not condemn it

Last edited by KarthikK : 9th November 2011 at 10:00.
Old 9th November 2011, 10:34   #13506
Senior - BHPian

"Sedate" means:
- calm, quiet, or composed; undisturbed by passion or excitement
- habitually calm and composed in manner; serene
(courtesy Dictionary.com | Find the Meanings and Definitions of Words at Dictionary.com)

Sedate driving is a good very thing. I have seen the same maroon Alto couple of times around 4th Block Jayanagar. Always driven sedately, driving style much appreciated.
Old 9th November 2011, 10:52   #13507
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
No offence to anyone but people must understand that by showing off Team BHP Stickers, they are re presenting the whole communiting. So please avoid sedate/rash driving. If you can't do it, please remove the stickers and do it.
For Sedate driving others have commented, hence i don't see sedate driving as a problem.

On Rash driving, lot of us equate driving fast with rash driving which is not the case. You could be driving fast and safe at the same time depending on conditions. As a driver only you can tell if you believe you are still in command of the car and its speed. I have seen many who drive slow but are a risk to the fellow road users.

Another one on Rash driving i have seen some of folks known to me equate speed (like a number) with rash driving, for example if you are driving at 80 you are a rash driver which is not the case.

In short Rash driving is very subjective and situation dependent.
mayankjha1806 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th November 2011, 11:14   #13508
Senior - BHPian

I think I saw neoonwheels, today morning at about 9.20 AM on Paud road. Black Punto with GotBHP? On the C-pillar RHS, and Team-Fiat sticker on the bootlid. I was behind you in the traffic in the right most lane, not sure if you noticed my car while passing. I flashed a couple of times too.
Old 9th November 2011, 11:27   #13509
BHPian

Itching to have a thread with a headline T-BHP stickers & rash driving, you find so many of them on the BETL road to E.C., since the stickers are easy to buy, I've seen so many blokes who think they own the road far too often, intimidating with flashing lights, blowing horns so hard that you should leave the lane right there and then, cutting lanes just for that extra bit to over take and go ahead with their pants on fire. Thats not rash its just snatching life from death.

Your moving over a ton of mass at over 100kmph and even if your car reads Titanium its still made of a lesser metal

/end rant
/end scarcasm

kartikk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th November 2011, 11:29   #13510
BHPian

Sightings across last week. Who are you bhpians?

The Ritz spotted at Madhavan Park Jayanagar
The grey Indica spotted near 4th T Block Jayanagar
The black Santro near Benison super market Jayanagar 4th Block
The grey Figo in HSR layout sector 1
The Maruti van in LIC Colony Jayanagar, the Palio in front of it also has a LTD sticker
The red palio in the mirror spotted on east end road.
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-dsc00653.jpg  

Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-dsc00675.jpg  

Old 9th November 2011, 11:34   #13511
Senior - BHPian

Spotted LobsterB's Tata ARIA in front of Salarpuria Infozone in Electronics City
Time: yesterday evening around 7.45
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2011, 11:45   #13512
BHPian

The pictures did not attach earlier as it had exceeded the size limits of 1mb :-(
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-dsc00654.jpg  

Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-dsc00655.jpg  

Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-dsc00661.jpg  

Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-dsc00671.jpg  

Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-dsc00675.jpg  

Old 9th November 2011, 11:48   #13513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
In short Rash driving is very subjective and situation dependent.
100% agreed.

I sport T-BHP stickers, I'm proud of them, I fully belong to this community - but I normally drive from very, very fast to very very slow (~ 150 kmph on NH7 ; ~ 110 on BLR-MYS; ~80 on ORR; ~70 on ITPL road; ~20 inside my office).

My speed depends on a number of factors (visibility, time of the day, traffic, concentration, how well I know the road, pedestrians, etc. etc.)

I'd define rash driving as one where (a) at any given point of time you lose control over the vehicle, even momentarily, even at 20 kmph; and/or, (b) after one completes the driving, if one cannot re-collect every move that was made at every instant while driving.
Tempelhof is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2011, 12:07   #13514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartikk View Post

Itching to have a thread with a headline T-BHP stickers & rash driving, you find so many of them on the BETL road to E.C., since the stickers are easy to buy, I've seen so many blokes who think they own the road far too often, intimidating with flashing lights, blowing horns so hard that you should leave the lane right there and then, cutting lanes just for that extra bit to over take and go ahead with their pants on fire. Thats not rash its just snatching life from death.

Your moving over a ton of mass at over 100kmph and even if your car reads Titanium its still made of a lesser metal

/end rant
/end scarcasm

I agree 100%. The forum must stop selling stickers to non members to preventing people from making statements "oh this community is known for rash driving and owning the roads". I have seen multiple instances where the drivers though sport the TBHP stickers act like nut cases and I am 100% sure they are not members!
Old 9th November 2011, 12:22   #13515
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempelhof

100% agreed.

I sport T-BHP stickers, I'm proud of them, I fully belong to this community - but I normally drive from very, very fast to very very slow (~ 150 kmph on NH7 ; ~ 110 on BLR-MYS; ~80 on ORR; ~70 on ITPL road; ~20 inside my office).

My speed depends on a number of factors (visibility, time of the day, traffic, concentration, how well I know the road, pedestrians, etc. etc.)

I'd define rash driving as one where (a) at any given point of time you lose control over the vehicle, even momentarily, even at 20 kmph; and/or, (b) after one completes the driving, if one cannot re-collect every move that was made at every instant while driving.
Hope you realize that all of the speeds you have admitted to driving at except the last are illegal, and automatically qualify you as a rash driver. ESPECIALLY doing 70 on the ITPL road and 80 on the ORR?? I've had the misfortune of seeing a person after s/he was run over on the ORR. There is a lot of sand and mud on the road, several places were company offices are bang on the road, with people crossing haphazardly, and there are working signals at only a few places. The speed limit is 60, which in my opinion is practical.

Most Viewed