Old 9th November 2011, 12:34   #13516
BHPian

re: Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
I agree 100%.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempelhof View Post
My speed depends on a number of factors (visibility, time of the day, traffic, concentration, how well I know the road, pedestrians, etc. etc.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
Hope you realize that all of the speeds you have admitted to driving at except the last are illegal, and automatically qualify you as a rash driver.
I fully respect your views - but my speed depends on the factors that I have listed above - specifically, the time of the day, among others !! - but I think we are getting to OT !!
Old 9th November 2011, 12:45   #13517
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempelhof

I fully respect your views - but my speed depends on the factors that I have listed above - specifically, the time of the day, among others !! - but I think we are getting to OT !!
Well, the point is related to the topic. The point being that if I came across someone driving at 80 on the ORR, with TBHP stickers on the vehicle, I would also think that it is drivers like these that will bring a bad name to us TBHP members. I had posted about a white Safari a while back, being driven fast on the ORR and weaving, on this thread because it had a TBHP sticker on the back.

Ps. Those speeds are illegal, whatever the time of day.
Old 9th November 2011, 13:44   #13518
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post

In short Rash driving is very subjective and situation dependent.
Totally agree!!!

It is all about perceptions. We all have different perceptions about rash driving. IMHO, there is a fine line between going fast and being rash. A bystander, just because he saw a car go fast cannot term it as rash. It is totally unfair on that driver. Again, driving slowly and driving sedately are perceived differently by different persons. You are not sedate just by driving slow. A lot of factors determine whether you are driving sedately or driving fast.

I have seen plenty of fast drivers, rash drivers, sedate drivers and slow drivers. So, it all depends on how you judge it.

Just because a guy puts on team-bhp stickers, it doesn't mean that he has to go slow/sedate everytime. As Templehof has said, it is all about the circumstances you are in.

It is easy to accuse anyone on an open forum. So, my humble request to the 'spotters', please do not comment on such things unless you are pretty sure of what they are doing.

Disclaimer: I definitely am not condoning speeding over the speed limits or breaking of traffic rules (in any form), and I am not a fast driver by any means

Last edited by addyhemmige : 9th November 2011 at 13:48.
addyhemmige is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2011, 13:52   #13519
BHPian

Quote:
You have every right to have your views, and I fully respect that !!
Old 9th November 2011, 13:56   #13520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
I agree 100%. The forum must stop selling stickers to non members to preventing people from making statements "oh this community is known for rash driving and owning the roads". I have seen multiple instances where the drivers though sport the TBHP stickers act like nut cases and I am 100% sure they are not members!
Fully disagree with you on this. As long as T-BHP membership is not provided based on your driving skills, your comment is not valid. And there is always a 99% probability that there might be non members, but better drivers out on the road. Please don't make such strong comments, there are lot of non-members reading this forum (I was one for a very long time), you might just be putting them off!! and there is no way they can express that here.

Last edited by singleton : 9th November 2011 at 13:57.
singleton is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2011, 14:18   #13521
BHPian

Spotted: DarkBlue D'zire (number unseen, you were too fast for me)
Where: BETL Road, just before the Ph.1 turnoff.
When: Around 1.30 this afternoon.

You saw me and waved after overtaking, just as I was flashing my lights. Thanks for the ack, but who are you, BHP' ian? You seemed to be in a hurry..

Btw, I was in the MH12 registered Red Swift.

Cheers,
R_S
Old 9th November 2011, 14:19   #13522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by singleton View Post
As long as T-BHP membership is not provided based on your driving skills, your comment is not valid.
Very much true. Driving skills vary as much as there are variations in Indian roads (width, surface finish, visibility, medians, potholes, etc.) - as much as there are variations in the types of vehicles (size, power, etc.) and traffic patterns we have in India.

For every "bad" driver who sports our sticker, there are many, many more responsible and safe drivers who display our stickers.
Old 9th November 2011, 14:42   #13523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by singleton View Post
Fully disagree with you on this. As long as T-BHP membership is not provided based on your driving skills, your comment is not valid. And there is always a 99% probability that there might be non members, but better drivers out on the road. Please don't make such strong comments, there are lot of non-members reading this forum (I was one for a very long time), you might just be putting them off!! and there is no way they can express that here.
Yes there are many non members who are good and at times better drivers than members however this forum is meant for discussing auto related interests. Stickers are means of associating yourself to the forum and probably some revenue add. By possessing them it only reinforces the point to drive safely at least to interested members. If the stickers are to be stuck only for "show" whats the point? Rather non members must be encouraged to enroll
Old 9th November 2011, 15:56   #13524
BHPian

Images of the cars I had spotted over the last couple of weeks. People sure did not respond to the spotting posts I had made.

So now I have found the images, hope they will respond to the photos of their rides.
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-img_0529.jpg  

Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-img_0703.jpg  

Old 9th November 2011, 16:13   #13525
Senior - BHPian

Saw a Maruti 800 sporting the live to drive stickers at 7 45 near okalipuram signal yesterday. I couldn't click a pic as the car went ahead and there were many cars in between.

Its only the 2nd time i'm seeing cars with team-bhp stickers this side of bangalore.

Who are you t-bhpian ?
Old 9th November 2011, 18:09   #13526

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
For Sedate driving others have commented, hence i don't see sedate driving as a problem.

On Rash driving, lot of us equate driving fast with rash driving which is not the case. You could be driving fast and safe at the same time depending on conditions. As a driver only you can tell if you believe you are still in command of the car and its speed. I have seen many who drive slow but are a risk to the fellow road users.

Another one on Rash driving i have seen some of folks known to me equate speed (like a number) with rash driving, for example if you are driving at 80 you are a rash driver which is not the case.

In short Rash driving is very subjective and situation dependent.
Well said! Speed !=Rash

But for most of the people, anyone driving at lesser speed than them are losers who cant drive and anyone driving at higher speeds than them are maniac rash drivers

Quote:
Well, the point is related to the topic. The point being that if I came across someone driving at 80 on the ORR, with TBHP stickers on the vehicle, I would also think that it is drivers like these that will bring a bad name to us TBHP members. I had posted about a white Safari a while back, being driven fast on the ORR and weaving, on this thread because it had a TBHP sticker on the back.

Well... if you still keep baba alam times speed limits, even though the infrastructure has improved leaps and bounds.. you are bound to find more and more people crossing the speed limits.

Last edited by .anshuman : 10th November 2011 at 12:03. Reason: Back to Back post within 30mins, Please use Multi-quote button when quoting more than one post. Thanks
Old 9th November 2011, 18:58   #13527
Senior - BHPian

Spotted : Red Ford Figo with "live to drive" on rear bumper(RHS)
Where : Cenotaph Road, Chennai
When: 5:35 PM, Today (09-nov-2011)
Old 9th November 2011, 19:13   #13528
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iikish View Post
Well... if you still keep baba alam times speed limits, even though the infrastructure has improved leaps and bounds.. you are bound to find more and more people crossing the speed limits.
FYI: There is such a thing as the Law.

Infrastructure may have improved, but if you notice I was speaking specifically of the ORR and ITPL road. I presume you do travel on these roads, so please explain where the infrastructure on the ORR is such that you can drive - Safely - at 80? And how about the ITPL road. It is one and a half lanes on each side.

If you are speaking of the middle of the night, then please check the Accidents in India thread. I have seen three accidents in just a week when I was returning from office at between 4 and 4:30 AM. These were all accidents caused by people presuming there is noone else on the road, so they can drive - safely - faster than the speed limit, and break other laws.

So please, think before encouraging people to drive over the speed limit - whatever the time of day.

Anyway, this is OT, so I'm out.
VeluM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2011, 20:28   #13529
BHPian

Today's spottings
  • KA 51 MA 3628 grey Polo LTD sticker entering Brigade Metropolis on KR Puram road around noon
  • KA 51 MB 3881 maroon Verna LTD sticker in HP parking on KR Puram road noon onwards
  • KA 04 ME 2555 silver Swift LTD sticker and url sticker on number plate on Hormavu main road at 8PM (pic)
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-image1747.jpg  

Old 9th November 2011, 21:53   #13530
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally i got spotted!! I was waiting at a traffic light on FBD Road, and i see a huge vehicle next to me and someone waving at me. It was Roy_Libran in his Gurkha. A rare thing on Gurgaon roads.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks