Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2011, 22:12   #14416
BHPian

re: Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsoneja View Post
Exchanged a wave with the Silver Fiesta driver at Sarai Kalekhan Flyover today morning. had the LTD and LCLC stickers on it.

Attachment 859482
That would be me . Both times that my car has been spotted its always been by Bhpians driving Fiesta's themselves .
Old 22nd December 2011, 22:20   #14417
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
May be - But I don't understand the logic behind - blanking out the number plate in the pic but blatantly typing out the complete registration number in the post. :-)
I put the number in text so that it is searchable. I also search for the number I am about to post, to see past spottings (even in this case).

I blank the number plate so as to avoid allegations of any nature. I am not aware of the legal implications of posting someone else's vehicle pictures online, so this is to keep out of any trouble that anyone hostile can conjure up.
Old 22nd December 2011, 22:24   #14418
BHPian

A white Manza registered in Chennai with the LTD on TV Swamy Road West, RS Puram - Coimbatore!

A cherry red Alto on the Mettupalayam Road with the team-bhp's 'redlining the Indian automotive scene' , turned left somewhere near VKL nagar.

Anyone? I'm so lost here
Old 22nd December 2011, 22:49   #14419
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
I put the number in text so that it is searchable. I also search for the number I am about to post, to see past spottings (even in this case).

I blank the number plate so as to avoid allegations of any nature. I am not aware of the legal implications of posting someone else's vehicle pictures online, so this is to keep out of any trouble that anyone hostile can conjure up.
Sir - your intention is unquestionable. But time and again it has been confirmed by the mods and others that it is perfectly ok to post regn numbers unblanked unless it's of an exotic or any private information is concerned. Faces may be blanked.

Coming to legal implications - do you think it would be considered legal to post the number if showing the number on a pic is illegal?

Regn numbers are public - everybody can see it This will take the discussion in a different direction. So I rest my case. Happy spotting all! Apologies for pulling this thread in a different direction but MY reservation on clicking while driving (in motion) stays!
Shubz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2011, 23:08   #14420
BHPian

Spotted a silver Swift VDi MH 12 EX 91** with the 'Driven by Team-BHP' sticker. Followed you from Jehangir till RTO where you stopped to tank up. Flash flash honk honk did not evoke a response. I was in a white Santro.

Who are you BHPian?
Old 22nd December 2011, 23:27   #14421
Senior - BHPian

Few spottings this week.

Tuesday morning: Followed a Grey, Green Scorpio SLE (MH 12 GR XxXx) having LTD sticker from Wakdewadi signal till Bund garden bridge via Sangamwadi road. Scorpio took right turn towards bund garden bridge. Who is this BHPian?

Tuesday evening: Drove along TN 10 registered maroon Ford Fiesta from Shivajinagar till University flyover. This fiesta has multiple TBHP stickers, but owner/driver neither noticed LCLC sticker on my santro nor responded to 2 headlight flashings.

Wednesday morning: Saw 'selfdrive' going towards Chandani chowk in his Jazz while I was waiting for office bus on paud road.
Old 22nd December 2011, 23:28   #14422
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sir - your intention is unquestionable. But time and again it has been confirmed by the mods and others that it is perfectly ok to post regn numbers unblanked unless it's of an exotic or any private information is concerned. Faces may be blanked.
I am quite sure that (a) the mods are not offering legal advice, and (b) they did not intend it to apply to parked vehicles, especially on private premises.

Quote:
Coming to legal implications - do you think it would be considered legal to post the number if showing the number on a pic is illegal?
In my view, correct. But I am not a lawyer (yet) to explain it to you. Suffice to say that without the identifying registration number there is very little that distinguishes one blue swift from another, and that changes a lot of things.

Maybe you should PM me or something to take this forward. Absolutely OT here.
Old 22nd December 2011, 23:36   #14423
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
I am quite sure that (a) the mods are not offering legal advice, and (b) they did not intend it to apply to parked vehicles, especially on private premises.

In my view, correct. But I am not a lawyer (yet) to explain it to you. Suffice to say that without the identifying registration number there is very little that distinguishes one blue swift from another, and that changes a lot of things.

Maybe you should PM me or something to take this forward. Absolutely OT here.
Not totally OT [slightly may be] but it is still about sightings and postings. Pardon me for my bad English, but I don't think I ever said Mods were offering legal advise but they sure are the one who know what goes in here and what does not. I was only emphasizing on the point that it is perfectly okay to let the regn numbers show up. I did rest my case in my last post. I would rest it again. I do not see a need to PM. Was only trying to save folks the effort of blanking the number plates and then type it all out again (redundant you know) Thanks.
Old 23rd December 2011, 10:07   #14424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
1) Spotted LobsterB's Aria in Sherwood School. I waited for 5 minutes, but couldn't find you around.
Came towards the end of 8:30am to 9:00am allotted to us. Saw your vehicle while going in and we were done post 9:00 only...
Old 23rd December 2011, 10:45   #14425
BHPian

Spotted a black Optra Royale near Sector 22, Gurgaon today with Got BHP sticker. Was hoping to get along side you but could only do it finally at the Old Gurgaon road turning and I turned left. I was in a Silver XUV with LTD sticker at the back.
Old 23rd December 2011, 10:52   #14426
Senior - BHPian

Spotted the Jazz on 17th afternoon, that came out of Hypercity near Kundanahalli. My fiancee clicked the photo. It had one sticker on each of the 4 sides. (Edit: just noticed that the sticker on the leftmost corner of the front bumper, almost below the fender, is blurred in the photo. Sadly, it has been a week and I don't remember what sticker it was).

Spotted the Petra (or Siena?) parked in Decathlon on Sunday.
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-17122011424001.jpg  

Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-18122011428001.jpg  

Last edited by rohanjf : 23rd December 2011 at 11:06.
Old 23rd December 2011, 12:31   #14427
BHPian

3 Spottings at Cognizant MEPZ campus.

1. Brown Alto with transparent BHP stickers (saw you from a distance 2-3 days back when you took out the vehicle from under the SDB1-Canteen bridge and drove off)
2. Kerala Registered Silver Accent CRDI with LTD sticker (My accent was parked just 2 cars away from yours yesterday, on 5th floor SDB4)
3. TN registered Black Swift with LCLC on the front side (Again in SDB4 on tuesday)
Old 23rd December 2011, 13:21   #14428
BHPian

Spotted a MH12 ** 3668 registered silver Hyundai getz on pokhran road 2, Thane about an hour back. Had a LTD sticker on the rear. Anyone?

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 23rd December 2011 at 14:44. Reason: spelling
Old 23rd December 2011, 15:23   #14429
BHPian

Spotted a Silver Indigo TN18XXX727 with LTD on the right side of rear bumper.
Whoever you are BHPian, I am sorry to say that you were impatient.
You were behind me near the Kilpauk cemetery when I had stopped behind a truck which had abruptly stopped to take a right turn without any indication.
I was waiting just like you to move to the left or forward when the truck moves.
But you kept crazily honking from the back like I had slept off on the wheel.
After that again you showed impatience by aggressively overtaking me from the left and sped off and may be turned left to the new avadi road.
If not for the BHP stickers you would have been one of the morons whom we see everyday on the road, but wearing the BHP tag, you need to care for other road users in a better way.
Although this is not the rule of the forum but the maturity to be displayed by members of a respectable forum.
Hope you take it in the right spirit.
Habanero City is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2011, 17:16   #14430
Distinguished - BHPian

1) Spotted a red i10 with number ending 8525 near Farico, Bannerghatta Road around 4:00 PM today . It had a "got bhp" in the back bumper.

2) Spotted this Premier Padmini in Meenakshi Mall parking today.
Who are you Bhpians?
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-premier_dec23rd.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks