Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2012, 00:28   #14641

re: Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car

Spotted this while going to Madikeri on 31st, overtook me so I blinked my headlamps twice to say 'Hi' and he turned the parking lights on for a few secs in response(i guess), i also noticed that the person in the passenger seat was holding a camera so I hope u snapped a photo of my car with the sticker at the rear too
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-dsc02492-copy.jpg  

Old 5th January 2012, 09:24   #14642
BHPian

To the MANIAC in the Black Scorpio with an LTD on the rear, outside On-Mobile Office near Delmiya Circle / Kalyani Magnum.

You came for a head-on collision with my car in my lane while you were trying to overtake 4 vehicles at speeds well above 90KMPH, today outside the On-Mobile office near Delmiya Circle at 8.50AM. You knew there was no way in hell you would have overtook those 4 vehicles. The only reason I am alive here is because I stood up on the brakes and also thanks to the i10 driver in your lane who slowed down to let you back into the lane seeing the impending fiasco. I would like to meet you personally to give you a piece of my mind and if possible threaten your family/co-passengers with a near death experience so you would know how it feels. People like you are the bane of this forum and the cause of early demise of probably everyone in your vehicle and other innocent people on the roads.

Do us all a favor and remove the damn LTD sticker from your Scorpio mate. I was shocked when I saw the LTD in my rear view while I was trying to get a glimpse of your number plate. Driving a bigger vehicle does not mean you can bully others on the road into submission. Sincerely hope you go head-on with a Tipper/Lorry/Wall and learn your lesson the hard way.
Xryder is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 5th January 2012, 09:31   #14643
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

It is a pitiable state of affairs if we members here have creatures of this kind amongst us.

We should have a list of all the fellows who have been sent the TBHP stickers from our forum shop/ mods - something like they have at the various clubs.

In case of gross behavioural violations of this nature that are noted, we need a grievance thread about stickered vehicles and basis the complaints posted there, we need to blackball such members and possibly tar and feather them publicly (electronically speaking of course).

As it is Bangalore traffic is mad without having to bear with idiots of this type!

Every morning, it is only the happy jazz playing in the car that helps me remain peaceful with the clodhoppers on the road cutting lanes, honking and generally driving all over the place!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xryder View Post
To the MANIAC in the Black Scorpio with an LTD on the rear, outside On-Mobile Office near Delmiya Circle / Kalyani Magnum.

Do us all a favor and remove the damn LTD sticker from your Scorpio mate. I was shocked when I saw the LTD in my rear view while I was trying to get a glimpse of your number plate. Driving a bigger vehicle does not mean you can bully others on the road into submission. Sincerely hope you go head-on with a Tipper/Lorry/Wall and learn your lesson the hard way.
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2012, 09:52   #14644
Senior - BHPian

Hey Xryder, I can almost feel your anger bro and hope you dont get to meet such drivers again let alone Bhpians.

One thing I have realized ever since I have been a Bhpian is that :

"NOT EVERY1 WHO SPORTS A BHP STICKER IS A BHPIAN...AND...ALL BHPIANS DONT SPORT A STICKER".
But one thing a True BHPIAN will always do is DRIVE SAFE.

Anyways Guys,

What began as "Spotting a TBHP Sticker" turned into a quick Mini-meet.

First it was Porschefire(Abhishek) in his Firey Red Getzy with LTD whom I bumped into near VTV on Sarjapur Road while heading back home.

Then, I thought I'll check with Speed Kills(Prashanth) if he could join us for which he Obliged!!

Pics are not great but a small "Hatch Meet" nevertheless!!
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-20120104-17.31.18.jpg  

Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-20120104-17.31.36.jpg  

Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-20120104-17.32.09.jpg  

Last edited by Vik0728 : 5th January 2012 at 09:57.
Vik0728 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th January 2012, 10:03   #14645
BHPian

Quote:
Did you manage to get the reg num of this scorpio ? I have seen few Scorpios with t-bhp stickers and driving like maniacs. One such example is here.

There's another black Scorpio owner (with t-bhp sticker) whom I often noticed in Kalyan Nagar, this gentleman whenever I see him, will have parked his car on the wrong side of the road. I'll try to get this vehicle reg num next time i see him.

Its really sad to see such people.
Old 5th January 2012, 10:36   #14646
BHPian

Spotted Red Palio 1.6 Sport near the entrance to BETL towards e-city at 10 ish today. Had "LTD & Redlining" sticker at the back and "LCLC & Red Rooster Performance" stickers on the front right. Reg Number - KA ** ME 6717
Old 5th January 2012, 10:45   #14647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
It is a pitiable state of affairs if we members here have creatures of this kind amongst us.

We should have a list of all the fellows who have been sent the TBHP stickers from our forum shop/ mods - something like they have at the various clubs.

In case of gross behavioural violations of this nature that are noted, we need a grievance thread about stickered vehicles and basis the complaints posted there, we need to blackball such members and possibly tar and feather them publicly (electronically speaking of course).

As it is Bangalore traffic is mad without having to bear with idiots of this type!

Every morning, it is only the happy jazz playing in the car that helps me remain peaceful with the clodhoppers on the road cutting lanes, honking and generally driving all over the place!
The day started off for me on a good note, but this incident on the way to office has really spoiled it for me. I went ahead, parked the car by the side as my hands were shivering on the wheel. For the last week, I have been driving from Ulsoor till Arereke to my office. I start at 7.30am from home to avoid the traffic where everybody is rushing to get to work. On the way I pickup a colleague. On many occasions he has seen other TBHP stickered vehicles on the road and he clicks the snaps. Today when I did spot the LTD on the Scorpio, I told him it had a LTD sticker and he says "You guys have those threads talking about bad drivers on the road and I think this one deserves to be on it for sure. Have not seen snaps of any TBHP stickered cars on those threads. Anyway, thank God for ABS and Air Bags. I wont buy a car without it for sure. I am not safe in the NH's nor in the city roads."
Not all members carry stickers and not all TBHP stickered vehicles are owned by members. I have another colleague in my office who has a LTD, but is not a member. Blackballing such people electronically on the forum wont do any good unless he/she realizes that their error in judgement and their rash driving will end one day with grave and tragic consequences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Hey Xryder, I can almost feel your anger bro and hope you dont get to meet such drivers again let alone Bhpians.

One thing I have realized ever since I have been a Bhpian is that :

"NOT EVERY1 WHO SPORTS A BHP STICKER IS A BHPIAN...AND...ALL BHPIANS DONT SPORT A STICKER".
But one thing a True BHPIAN will always do is DRIVE SAFE.
True that, but I could not care less if he is a BHPian or Not. Had I not glanced in the rear view to check the number plate and also to see if the Indica Cab behind me would rear end me, I would never have noticed the LTD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
Did you manage to get the reg num of this scorpio ? I have seen few Scorpios with t-bhp stickers and driving like maniacs. One such example is here.

There's another black Scorpio owner (with t-bhp sticker) whom I often noticed in Kalyan Nagar, this gentleman whenever I see him, will have parked his car on the wrong side of the road. I'll try to get this vehicle reg num next time i see him.

Its really sad to see such people.
Nope, at that moment when I looked in the rear view, first thing i noticed was the LTD and he was far off by then. I saw the Indica cab guy braking hard. There is a huge pothole on the left lane outside On-Mobile and I was sure the Indica would not steer to the left into the pothole. I dont see any point in getting the number plate, for the guy would most likely drive the exact same way or claim that it was not him. Either way, I am just happy that I have to drive this route in the mornings for only one more day. Come Monday, I am on a one-week sabbatical and thereafter, I will be commuting to work in one of those Yamraj-Vahans plying on the roads of Bangalore - the Indica Cab.
Old 5th January 2012, 10:53   #14648
BANNED

Yes this is true. But unless these stickers are fake, how do they get access to buy them?
Perhaps there should be a strict rule about preventing members giving these stickers away to non members too.
PS: Just FYI - my pal to whom I sold my Scorpio is a "lurker" BHP member which is why I did not remove the stickers before selling it on!

Quote:
Not all members carry stickers and not all TBHP stickered vehicles are owned by members. I have another colleague in my office who has a LTD, but is not a member. Blackballing such people electronically on the forum wont do any good unless he/she realizes that their error in judgement and their rash driving will end one day with grave and tragic consequences.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 5th January 2012 at 10:54.
Old 5th January 2012, 11:01   #14649
BHPian

Quote:
Yes this is true. But unless these stickers are fake, how do they get access to buy them?
Perhaps there should be a strict rule about giving these stickers away to non members too.
PS: Just FYI - my pal to whom I sold my Scorpio is a "lurker" BHP member which is why I did not remove the stickers before selling it on!
TBHP does allow outsiders to buy the set of stickers. So anybody with access to a debit/credit card can purchase them. Like I mentioned earlier, there are 3 vehicles in office parking lot with TBHP genuine stickers. One chap bought them and shared it with the rest. But when you sell your vehicle, even if the buyer claims to be a member or not, unless you know for certain he is a member, I would suggest that you remove the stickers from the vehicle. That is what we can do from our side. If they want the stickers, let them purchase it and put it up. My colleague (the non-member who bought the stickers and shared it with the other 2 colleagues) asked me if I could buy it for him or donate a few if I have any spare ones. Told him clearly I had already donated it to another member, which I did. He just went online, searched and then bought off a set.
Xryder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2012, 12:03   #14650
BHPian

Sad to hear such an experience, wish the mods add a separate set of sticker/s with member handle to which only members can buy and when the vehicle is sold they would need to take it off, I know its not a solution but an attempt.
Old 5th January 2012, 12:12   #14651
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

You came for a head-on collision with my car in my lane while you were trying to overtake 4 vehicles at speeds well above 90KMPH, today outside the On-Mobile office near Delmiya Circle at 8.50AM. You knew there was no way in hell you would have overtook those 4 vehicles. The only reason I am alive here is because I stood up on the brakes and also thanks to the i10 driver in your lane who slowed down to let you back into the lane seeing the impending fiasco. I would like to meet you personally to give you a piece of my mind and if possible threaten your family/co-passengers with a near death experience so you would know how it feels. People like you are the bane of this forum and the cause of early demise of probably everyone in your vehicle and other innocent people on the roads.

Yesterday ,right outside EGL ,I saw this maroon I20 ( vehicle number 2600)driven by an idiot with TBHP stickers on the car .

He was driving with closed mirrors and so ,obviously had no clue of who is behind his vehicle .On top of that ,he was cutting across traffic .

Felt like getting down and tearing off that sticker from his car ,but then wifey reminded me of my still fractured finger and asked me to ignore !
Old 5th January 2012, 12:23   #14652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
Yesterday ,right outside EGL ,I saw this maroon I20 ( vehicle number 2600)driven by an idiot with TBHP stickers on the car .

He was driving with closed mirrors and so ,obviously had no clue of who is behind his vehicle .On top of that ,he was cutting across traffic .

Felt like getting down and tearing off that sticker from his car ,but then wifey reminded me of my still fractured finger and asked me to ignore !
I know what you went through when you got the fracture. Believe me, its just not worth it. Best you can do is move way over to the left (if possible) when you see such idiots on your rear view or see them heading towards you on a collision course.

Lets continue this discussion here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post2633461 as it is going OT.
Xryder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2012, 12:33   #14653
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
about time we had a Hall of Shame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
What began as "Spotting a TBHP Sticker" turned into a quick Mini-meet.

First it was Porschefire(Abhishek) in his Firey Red Getzy with LTD whom I bumped into near VTV on Sarjapur Road while heading back home.

Then, I thought I'll check with Speed Kills(Prashanth) if he could join us for which he Obliged!!

Pics are not great but a small "Hatch Meet" nevertheless!!
you guys met already? i thought it was in the works!
Old 5th January 2012, 12:44   #14654
BANNED

I didnt know that anyone and everyone could buy the stickers. Thanks for telling me.

Normally if I were selling my vehicle to a bloke I dont know personally one of the first things I do is to pullout the various personalizations/ stickers etc from it.

In the case of the Scorpio my friend and I have known each other all our lives and he has been a TBHP man for longer than me I think. However, he is not an active chap except for the occasional pertinent topic in which he is interested.

Quote:
TBHP does allow outsiders to buy the set of stickers. So anybody with access to a debit/credit card can purchase them. Like I mentioned earlier, there are 3 vehicles in office parking lot with TBHP genuine stickers. One chap bought them and shared it with the rest. But when you sell your vehicle, even if the buyer claims to be a member or not, unless you know for certain he is a member, I would suggest that you remove the stickers from the vehicle. That is what we can do from our side. If they want the stickers, let them purchase it and put it up. My colleague (the non-member who bought the stickers and shared it with the other 2 colleagues) asked me if I could buy it for him or donate a few if I have any spare ones. Told him clearly I had already donated it to another member, which I did. He just went online, searched and then bought off a set.
Old 5th January 2012, 12:59   #14655
Team-BHP Support

Just found a Chill Figo with after market alloys on Hosur road near E-city. He turned towards phase 1 and was driving like a complete moron. Tailgating my car and coming really close when there was no room for anyone. Absolutely no patience. If he was late to work he should have left earlier. Looking at his driving I got scared that this guy might do something stupid so I gave him room only to see the love cars live cars Team-BHP stickers on the rear bumper. He promptly went ahead trying to overtake and got boxed behind an auto. After that I just went to the left and disappeared not wanting to be anywhere near this guy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks