Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2012, 10:22   #18766
Senior - BHPian

re: Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
The Numbers are back !!

2 Days, 2 Spottings, Acknowledged.

Guys, I might sound "Off-beat" but I honestly think that we should only post the spottings of Bhpians who atleast "Acknowledge".
There are a couple of spottings of your Getz on this forum that you might want to acknowledge? Charity begins at home.
Old 26th July 2012, 11:20   #18767
Team-BHP Support

Did I spot NPV yesterday morning?

Vehicle : Dark blue Swift DZire
Sticker(s) : LTD on rear bumper
Registration number : KA 51 MA 3859 (or something similar)
Place : ORR, heading from Bellandur towards Marathahalli
Time : Around 8.45am
Additional information : was superbly driven, by a guy with a french beard and spectacles.

Is this NPV?

Quote:
I had 3 spottings in 2 days but 0 Acknowledgment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
There are a couple of spottings of your Getz on this forum that you might want to acknowledge? Charity begins at home.
+1 to what KiloAlpha said. There's one spotting of Vik0728 by me, that has gone unacknowledged. Good luck trying to search for it though - not sure how long back it was.

Last edited by noopster : 26th July 2012 at 14:01. Reason: Posts merged- please use "report post" function for such requests
Old 26th July 2012, 11:27   #18768
BHPian

There are spottings during peak hours when you can't communicate. Also, some cars are spotted when parked in malls, offices etc and sometimes you can't flash/signal a lady driver. Although I agree on the giving up part when the other car does not acknowledge but then non members can buy stickers too. I would still say you click and post, that is the point of this thread. If non-members sport the stickers, doesn't that speak volumes of our community?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra

Trust me off late i have stopped clicking as there is no point. Even when you flash wave, show the thumbs up sign no one bothers to respond. I guess there a lot of folks out there who become members, get the stickers and just put a stop to the activity! Honestly an acknowledgement makes you spot more and click more.
Old 26th July 2012, 11:34   #18769
Distinguished - BHPian

exchanged handles(TBHP, not car) with "ads" today.
Him, in his black ikon with GBHP on the bootlid, top right.

Surprisingly, he's been a member since 2010, and still a newbie, with 0 posts...
Good running into you!
here's, hopefully, to your first post.
Old 26th July 2012, 11:38   #18770
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenrox View Post
did you notice the number of times you've been thanked?
yeah.. number of the Devil!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenrox View Post
Sitting in the cab is such a bore!
be thankful you don't have to drive! *green grinning fella*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perez View Post
Spottings from last evening on the way back from work on the Inner Ring Road;

Got spotted by someone in a black car(sorry, dont remeber what car) with a transparent sticker on the drivers door and an LTD on the rear hatch. Sorry mate, couldnt acknowledge, was deep in thoughts and had passed you by the time i realised someone was signalling
aha! so it was you, eh! the guy in the black car wasn't signaling; what you saw was the long end of the lens

Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-_mg_7097.jpg

Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-_mg_7098.jpg

somebody was shopping at Levi's on 100ft road last evening or err.. owns the shop hehe..
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-_mg_7099.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
exchanged handles(TBHP, not car) with "ads" today.
and they fit? ** shocked **

don't come looking for me!

Last edited by IronH4WK : 26th July 2012 at 11:41.
Old 26th July 2012, 12:19   #18771
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post

aha! so it was you, eh! the guy in the black car wasn't signaling; what you saw was the long end of the lens
Ah! so i've been spotted now by the serial spotter
Old 26th July 2012, 12:54   #18772
BHPian

Quote:
The Numbers are back !!

2 Days, 2 Spottings, 0 Acknowledged.

I think we should make it a point to put the number of the car. If the the entire regn plate, atleast the number. It helps in searching the car through the thread.

Not everyone checks the thread on a daily basis.

IMHO
Old 26th July 2012, 13:37   #18773
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post

Though I do appreciate your thought, you missed the point entirely dude.

"Acknowledgement" is when a BHPIAN is Behind/Beside/Before You, trying to Signal His/Her Presence and You....Atleast Oblige. "

I never once mentioned or insisted that people should visit this thread to see if they have been spotted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post

+1 to what KiloAlpha said. There's one spotting of Vik0728 by me, that has gone unacknowledged. Good luck trying to search for it though - not sure how long back it was.
Karthik continuing from the above mentioned version of my reasoning, You can bet your Bottom Buck that I will be the first one to Acknowledge a Bhpian "ON ROAD".

JUST SO THAT YOU RECOLLECT, I DID THE SAME EVEN WHEN YOU WERE ON YOUR T-BIRD ONCE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post

I think we should make it a point to put the number of the car. If the the entire regn plate, atleast the number. It helps in searching the car through the thread.

Not everyone checks the thread on a daily basis.

IMHO
Could not agree more with your mannubhai. Atleast, I for one, do not check the thread everyday.

What I really meant was noticing a Fellow Bhpian on-road, If & When it happens.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 26th July 2012 at 13:43.
Old 26th July 2012, 13:51   #18774
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Karthik continuing from the above mentioned version of my reasoning, You can bet your Bottom Buck that I will be the first one to Acknowledge a Bhpian "ON ROAD".

JUST SO THAT YOU RECOLLECT, I DID THE SAME EVEN WHEN YOU WERE ON YOUR T-BIRD ONCE.
I also thought you meant acknowledging on the forum, apologies.
Just pulling your leg thats all sir ji. I will catch you prowling around Jayanagar some time and upload again, one of these days.

I agree with what you actually wanted to convey - I have faced this problem so many times - people not responding at all when they see another BHP vehicle. Most likely to be non-BHPians who got the sticker set online. After a couple of embrassing situations with non-members, I have stopped initiating any greetings to unknown BHPians nowadays.
Old 26th July 2012, 13:54   #18775
BHPian

Quote:

What I really meant was noticing a Fellow Bhpian on-road, If & When it happens.
I have been spotted a few times on the road and i realised the spotting only when i checked the thread.

If Im behind/beside you and spot your tbhp sticker, i realise that im seeing a fellow member. How do i guarantee that you have seen my stickers as well ?

We do not have a standard way of identifying ourselves. Some flash their lights, some wave, some give a thumbs up, some might honk. How does one realise that these are ways of telling me that a fellow Tbhpian is trying to get my attention ?
Old 26th July 2012, 14:21   #18776
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ I have stopped getting excited about new spottings now. Half the time people don't react at all or look at you like you're nuts

I just honk or flash once to see if I am getting a reaction then if possible take a pic and make a mental note of the reg. no. then go home and post it on this thread!
Old 26th July 2012, 14:27   #18777
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post

I guess there a lot of folks out there who become members, get the stickers and just put a stop to the activity! Honestly an acknowledgement makes you spot more and click more.
+10 for that thought sumathindra.

Either THAT or the ONE BEHIND THE WHEEL may not even be a Bhpian. Which is why, I just stick to a maximum of 3 consecutive flashes. I would not want to startle a "Non-Bhpian"!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post

How do i guarantee that you have seen my stickers as well ?

We do not have a standard way of identifying ourselves.
Ahm mannubhai I am not sure how one can ensure the above. But what I think will help are:

# - Please ensure that you STICK THE TBHP STICKER somewhere that is Easily Visibile.
Rear Glass, Rear Fender (preferablly right), Boot Door, etc.

# - Few of our BHPians stick these stickers on cars which they may not be using regularly. (Ex - Dad's Car, Wife's Car, Sis's Car, etc)
PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU DON'T STICK LARGE STICKERS ON SUCH CARS.
This will help a BHPian overlook that car and also prevents us from Startling the non-bhpian driving that car, by trying to get His/Her attention.

# - Lastly, I think we BHPians should DEVELOP A STANDARD CODE to signal our Presence on-road.

May be Have a Pole on this. Some sort of a Signal, that a BHPian can recognize Instantly.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 26th July 2012 at 14:31.
Old 26th July 2012, 15:04   #18778
Distinguished - BHPian

1) Black Fiesta, AP 28 ** 2976, url sticker on both the number plates, near hilimavu junction, bannerghatta road. Time: 9:45 AM.

2) Black Xylo, KA 53 ** 9932, LTD on the back, near Shoppers Stop, bannerghatta road. Time: 11:40 AM.
Old 26th July 2012, 15:37   #18779
BANNED

Couple of contributions from Pune.
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-img009.jpg  

Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-img011.jpg  

Old 26th July 2012, 18:17   #18780
BHPian

Spotted a Black Santro with LTD sticker on the rear bumper with Reg AP 9 XX 5454 driven by a lady in front of Cinemax Banjara Hills. Who would it be?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks