Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2013, 22:08   #22216

Re: An appeal to the Team-BHP members

Oh! I'm actually at a loss for words. Sometimes (only when I'm in a tearing hurry or really excited) I do drive like a total moron.

It is in these situations, that the "Team-BHP" sticker on my car quickly reminds me of the weight I'm carrying whenever I'm on the road flashing that sticker.

That is what calms me down and makes me behave. Believe it or not, my driving has actually improved by leaps and bounds after I put that sticker on.

Something we all truly do not want, is for people to think about Team-BHP in a negative way.
Old 14th January 2013, 22:10   #22217
BHPian

I have personally stopped couple of such cars and found that they aren't bhpian.
Especially a black vento that sports teambhp stickers all around and drives at breakneck speed on nice road. I drive a civic and I know that if I pedal the floor, I can easily overtake and stop him. But the speed in which he drives scares me. This car usually drives in zigzag fashion with no respect for fellow vehicles. I seriously believe that an end is near for this chap.

Last edited by harishpr : 14th January 2013 at 22:14.
Old 14th January 2013, 22:24   #22218
BHPian

In bangalore, I see cars with multiple stickers, XYZ.com,ABC Racer etc etc along with a Team-Bhp.com. I am sure this case exists irrespective of city. The bad part is they are annoyingly driven keeping other drivers and pedestrians on toes.

There are 2 options:
1. If a non tbhp member sports a sticker, atleast respect the effort of the fellow members who have made this website what it is today. If you can't do this, remove it off considering you do not deserve it.

2. Being a member, for whatsoever reason, if you have to drive like crazy, pls for god sake don't create nuisance on the road. Be reasonable with your craze and rush. For us Team-bhp is like a school where we learn, understand, respect and implement our passion. Be considerate with it.

Thanks..

Last edited by Shiv_1984 : 14th January 2013 at 22:26.
Old 14th January 2013, 22:26   #22219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driver.since.89

Yes thats our car! Dad is on his way to work. Fells good to be spotted. Is this the first B180 on the forum though?
Finally an acknowledgement. I am guessing its the first since I don't think I have come across any ownership reports. Speaking of ownership reports where is yours buddy? ;-)
Old 14th January 2013, 22:30   #22220
Distinguished - BHPian

The only way to curb this is if we limit the sales of our stickers to only members and appeal to them to not distribute them to family and friends who may not appreciate the value it holds. But then this might not be possible as running such a huge forum would surely require some $ too and the stickers must contribute towards it.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2013, 23:02   #22221
BHPian

@sheelapratosh

I guess the angst and the pain are worth empathizing with.

However, it may not be practical to enforce 'no stickers for those do not comply with T-BHP spirit' like some suggested! For I bought a set and got them stuck to my car and my family's cars. And we have drivers driving all our cars.

While I am in the car I do warn and coach my driver to drive carefully. But then half the time the car is driven when we are not there.

I'd rather educate various drivers constantly and probably augment the MV authorities by organizing or educating.

For example I supported an NGO by and for drivers called the Drivers' Guild which trains drivers from various institutions. The police transport organization commissioned the DG to train the police drivers in defensive driving.

As T-BHP we can only push for a safer driving attitudes and practices. And hope that the movement for safer driving spreads.

Imagine that I sold my car to someone with the T-BHP stickering and the dude is a rash driver or his driver is rash! How do we hold the community responsible?

Again, I do not wish to take away the pain and hardship caused, which I empathize fully.
Old 14th January 2013, 23:03   #22222
Senior - BHPian

re: Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Pune:
Spotted a silver Old Honda City (MH12 BG xxxx) turning left at COEP signal towards Wakdewadi. I turned right to Sangamwadi road and you proceeded straight towards Wakdewadi.
Who are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Has been spotted earlier without any response, mostly driven by an elderly person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
That reminds me I have spotted it earlier. I had an issue with identifying the color then too. It is W.A.G.7's car. At least it was when acknowledged last time.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post2461056
Are you guys referring to this car? If yes, then that's our car. The number is MH 12 BG 8025. But in Pune there are only 2-3 other City's in the same colour. Our car doesn't have a spoiler.

Also, the car is mostly driven by my father, so don't count on an acknowledgement but I will acknowledge it here surely!

Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-photo0155.jpg
Old 14th January 2013, 23:06   #22223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFuel View Post
Ive been behind, on the sides, in front, did ballet and probably even disco so many times trying to get some reaction/acknowledgement from the guys driving their rides in Delhi with T-bhp stickers on them but to no avail. Makes me want to think people in Delhi drive blind.

Not once has anyone flashed their lights in return or waved a hand or a thumbs up.
Oh well some of us are members. You do the ballet or disco in front of a green Chevy Beat and you'll get a frantic wave along with a smile.
Old 14th January 2013, 23:15   #22224
Team-BHP Support

Bangalore Spotting:

Car: Black Alto, KA 05 -- 765, IDS on the boot.
Place: Bangalore - Hyd highway, somewhere near hebbal.
Time: 14/1/2013 - 11:45 am.

Quick search shows it has been spotted earlier by astonlobo -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post2913270

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 14th January 2013 at 23:20.
Old 15th January 2013, 00:03   #22225
BHPian

I strongly believe that team-bhp bring this to an end if it can initiate something based on the below points.

1. Make it Mandatory to register the car number (as a part of his profile in private) in this forum when someone joins.
2. The stickers should be issued to only to those who register their car numbers.
3. To get a sticker, the member should have contributed to the forum.
4. Provide some option to report the car number so that the Mods can check and take the necessary actions if it really belongs to a member.

Also, there should be some guidelines on using and removal of sticker (The stickers should be removed if you sell the car)
Old 15th January 2013, 00:08   #22226
BHPian

I have not put T-BHP sticker on my car simply because the car is driven by our chauffeur to drive my wife to office once in a while. This is because I don't want to dilute the T-BHP brand and the respect it commands. Not that our chauffeur is a bad driver, but still!

But yes, I have witnessed a Ritz being driven very rashly on Gariahat Road with a T-BHP sticker on it. I am sure it was not being driven by a member of this forum, someone else was driving it.

Last edited by subratasenn : 15th January 2013 at 00:17.
Old 15th January 2013, 03:27   #22227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
Haha yes, it's 4 months late . I should have pm'd you or something back then, but still an acknowledgement nevertheless. I stay in Dlf phase 1. You have a really nice car,I have followed a couple of your threads. I really want to hear how the music system sounds next time I bump into you.
Cheers,
Thanks a lot. Absolutely, next time you see me or I see you we can surely stop and have a chat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekB86 View Post
Oh well some of us are members. You do the ballet or disco in front of a green Chevy Beat and you'll get a frantic wave along with a smile.
Then I sure am going to keep an eye out for a Green Beat

Last edited by iFuel : 15th January 2013 at 03:28.
Old 15th January 2013, 08:26   #22228
Senior - BHPian

It will be very difficult on the part of the forum to stop selling the stickers to non T-BHPains. For these guys this is only a sticker, they dont realize what it takes to be a part of this forum. Hence mending them is an useless attempt, the Ritz driver is one of them.

I dont stick stickers coz I dont like any stickering on my car but that does not stop me from being a BHPian. I do follow the rules n regulations like a BHPian. Thats what the forum stands for - sensible driving.
Old 15th January 2013, 08:43   #22229
Senior - BHPian

All hypothetical discussions . You cannot stop anyone from procuring and sticking a " t-bhp" sticker on his or her ride unless the forum limits the no. of stickers that an individual member can take just like a parking sticker to a private club. Stickers contribute to the revenue which is absolutely essential to run a forum on this scale. Also , putting a forum sticker is no guarantee that an individual changes their driving/riding style.
Old 15th January 2013, 08:47   #22230
BHPian

Mumbai Spotting:

Where: Hiranandani, Powai
Car: Black Mahindra Scorpio
Regn No. MH 43 AB 19XX

This car is parked everyday in front of Chillis restaurant. Pass by it everyday during my after lunch walk (I work in Ventura). You work around this place, mate?

Where: Hiranandani, Powai
Car: Green Ford Figo
Regn No. MH 02 BT 95XX

Saw this car in front of Red Olives Restaurant around a week back.

Any takers?

Most Viewed