Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2014, 19:54   #30256
BHPian

re: Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Generally, if you can see it you can take a photo of it, unless both you and the car are on private property. But don't risk your health and well-being - if the guy is being insistent about it, just humour him and move on.

I used to mask the number but off late I don't bother.

As for the sticker - even Salman Khan can buy and put them up on his car. Membership is worth a lot more because of the intangible requirements, which is where all these people fail.
When I was approached, I declared the intention of taking the picture. Since he had the stickers, he understood. The discussion we had was cordial.
If I come across anyone who doesn't understand, I will take your advise.

I brought up these points because, I was helpless when he said his membership was rejected. He did sound genuine & he also talked about his eagerness to join the group. I wish him luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
this is the first time i've of heard of this. maybe you could share the description of the vehicle of which you took a photograph so that others may avoid a situation like yours.
Its a 3rd gen Honda City having the black "Team-BHP log" sticker. I Spotted it in Bangalore.
Old 1st August 2014, 20:49   #30257
Senior - BHPian

Just saw this Scorpio in sector 56, any takers?
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-1406906296444.jpg  

Old 1st August 2014, 21:50   #30258

Quote:
Originally Posted by nggk5mr View Post
I tried searching the general rules for posting pictures here. The thread is too long & I was unsuccessful in getting to specific rules.
So, if my questions are a repeat, please point me to the right link.

Here is the situation,
I was in my car driving behind another car having the Team-BHP sticker. Took my mobile & clicked. Within couple of minutes, the guy in front put up his hand & asked me to pull over. I did. He came to me & asked why I took photo (or) video. I said I took photo of the sticker & then asked him if I can post the picture in this thread.

He said NO. The reasons he gave me was,
  • "I tried 6-7 times to register in the site & it's always rejected".!!!
  • "Personally I don't want my car's picture to be uploaded"
I deleted the picture in my mobile.

Questions to the Admin & group,
  1. Should we ask the owners permission to post picture of their car on road? Can it be a possibility at all?
  2. If I can't ask & post, should I mask the number? If the owner (tbhpian or not) see his car here, he would will be offended.
  3. More important question, People who proudly display the sticker, can't become members after number of trials. Are we making negative impact on them?

Thanks.
It's really the first time i am hearing about it as well. BHPians are soo friendly, it seems hard to believe. I have ran across soo many in meets as well as on road. And all of them have been a delight to meet.

Would suggest you to ask them to post, only if they ask you why you have taken a snap. Every one has a right to their privacy. If they seem offended, just delete the picture in front of them, apologize and move along. You don't owe them anything.
I also request all team members to alert their friends and families. When ever we spot a team mate, we click the picture as we are proud of having soo many family members.
If you are offended by people clicking your ride, please do not display your loyalty to the family as you are missing few of the crucial notes. We are here to support and bond, not to show off.
Cheers to all the members, now i know it's a bit but please excuse me.
Old 1st August 2014, 22:32   #30259
Team-BHP Support

If the car is spotted on a public road and sports our stickers, I see no reason why you can't take a photo. To be safe number plate can be masked but definitely no issues in shooting a car in public place.

Secondly, if you don't want to be spotted and don't like people taking pics then don't put the sticker in the first place.
Old 1st August 2014, 23:40   #30260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by calypsoGT View Post
Spotted few more in the past 2-3 days :

# DATE : 01/08 - Red Suzuki Swift with black viper stripes and LTD in the rear at Amarjyothi layout today morning around 9AM. I have seen you parked there many a times. Are you a neighbor?

Any acknowledgement will be appreciated.
Yes that is my car
And we met today neighbour!
Old 2nd August 2014, 00:37   #30261
BHPian

Delhi NCR spotting on 8/1

Unitech Cyber park public paid parking.

Innova with HR 55 xxxx with team bhp url on right side rear glass (not the boot glass). There was probably one more team bhp sticker too. Couldn't make out because of the distance.

Saw the vehicle parked for most part of the day.
Old 2nd August 2014, 01:27   #30262
BHPian

Lots of Scorpio(s) spotted in NCR @ 1st aug.

I spotted one neatly maintained white Scorpio DL12CAxxxx near Dhaula Kuan towards Moti Bagh today.
LTD above back door's footrest and Police was written on rear windshield.

Sir I flashed in hurry and didn't receive acknowledgement from you

BHPian?

Last edited by OneToughRider : 2nd August 2014 at 01:28.
Old 2nd August 2014, 01:36   #30263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by calypsoGT View Post
It's really the first time i am hearing about it as well. BHPians are soo friendly, it seems hard to believe. I have ran across soo many in meets as well as on road. And all of them have been a delight to meet.
Cheers to all the members, now i know it's a bit but please excuse me.
He was not rough. He didn't know why I took the picture. So naturally he was curious. Once I told him about the intention, he cooled off. As said, I asked permission to post, he said 'No'. So I deleted. There ends the issue.

The very essence of writing about is, the reason I heard. Not being a member. I hope he become one soon.

On a personal note, I was surprised that he spotted me inside my car with my mobile though only his rear view mirror. I bet who many can do that? Not me.
Old 2nd August 2014, 10:36   #30264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Yup dat be me! Nice to be spotted after quite a while

This must be yesterday evening, around 5:30 I guess? I spotted a vehicle with LTD on the rear bumper- was that you?
No Man. I am taking thecompany cab these days. Terrible Roads (Pohtholes and flyover constructions) since I have to use the NH everyday.

But I must say have been in Pune for 2 years and the frequency of Bhp spottings has increased and upto mark with bangalore now.
Old 2nd August 2014, 11:25   #30265

Spotted this beat in my office parking, AKR.
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-1406958879596.jpg  

Old 2nd August 2014, 11:26   #30266
BHPian

Red i20 spotted just before the toll gate near Electronic City yesterday evening around 5:40PM, KA 03 MM 8906. Couldn't remember the BHP sticker, guess it was got bhp?, not sure though. Any takers?
Old 2nd August 2014, 12:24   #30267
BHPian

Spotted yesterday at JVLR BP petrol pump

MH 02 KA 3324

Had a nice sounding FFE
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-1406962450744.jpg  

Old 2nd August 2014, 15:24   #30268
BHPian

As much as i want to apply the Team BHP stickers, I always drop the idea of buying them.

Reason being: My Car is always driven by my mom. I commute on my bike to work, as my car is driven by my mom to the several classes she has enrolled to.

I do drive my car during weekends, but I don't want someone to click my car's pic being driven by my mom and perceive that I drive like this being a Team BHP member. (She drives very carefully and is a very slow driver)

Also she may not really like someone clicking a pic of the Car. :P

PS: On a different note, I'm sure not all the stickers are used by members. So just out of curiosity: What do you do of the the remaining stickers?

Last edited by Pratzgh1 : 2nd August 2014 at 15:41.
Old 2nd August 2014, 18:29   #30269
Senior - BHPian

Spotted @ Kochi
Saw this i20 with the tacho part cut from the tacho sticker along with the Team Bhp one stuck on the boot lid.
Location : In front of the office of HDFC Standard Life at MG Road, Kochi,
Timing : Yesterday around 1100 Hrs.
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-sticker111.jpg  

Old 2nd August 2014, 18:49   #30270
Senior - BHPian

Folks! Saw this Red VW Polo near Shashi Chowk, Noida today. The same car has been spotted earlier (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...-car-2008.html) by a fellow bhpian. The owner exchanged a quick glance with me as I over-took him at GIP Mall and then again over took him at Film City flyover and used my hazard light switch too but he probably did not understand and went ahead. The car also has a carbon "driven by" sticker on front windshield.

Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-photo1757_001.jpg

Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-photo1758.jpg

Thanks

Last edited by ad3952n : 2nd August 2014 at 18:50.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks